PDA

View Full Version : Strange CPU usage after Cabal installation?

Revenant_Ash
05-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Before I reinstalled Cabal after a 2 month absense, my computer was a-ok, no problems or anything. I thought this was a good opportunity to reinstall Cabal and take a look at all that changed, say hi to my friends and see if my Guild was still in tact after these long 2 months. After installing Cabal once, I got a error from Game Guard about some kind of .ERL files. So I send these files, and reinstalled Cabal, no problems for the first time except a little bit of lag, but that's expected to happen since I haven't played a game so CPU intensive in 2 months. Now, after a few days, I've noticed strange behavior in my computer not related to actually running Cabal. When the computer is idle, no programs running at all, no internet browser, no games, no instant messenger, nothing, my computer's CPU usage will spike in a pattern, 0%, 18%, 4%, 22%, and repeat. This lasts about 2 or 3 minutes the minute my computer turns on, and a few times while the computer has been running for a while.

This has to be related to Cabal's installation, this occurs ONLY when Cabal is installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled three times. No odd CPU usage when it's fully uninstalled, but when I reinstall, shut the computer down, then reboot, it's back. For the sake of proof, this is my computer's Task manager window with the lag spikes. I have it set to update the feedback every .5 seconds, so this is fairly realtime spiking, each spike lasts .5 seconds.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/Saber_Slasher/LagspikesTaskManager.jpg

This is a screenshot taken about 3 minutes after the computer booted up. As I'm sure anyone can gather, normal CPU usage when the computer is totally idle should be flatlined at 0% usage, spiking to about 4% every 30 seconds. Has anyone else been experiencing this kind of behavior?

malfusion
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM
bump