PDA

View Full Version : account creation issue.

BaddPenny
04-05-2010, 05:09 AM
When trying to register a account on the cabal website when i get to the email address entry no matter what email i use it tells me (!) please type email. i tried both of the @aol.com, @live.com and other with no luck. Is there anyone else having this issue?

Raven
04-05-2010, 05:32 AM
There have been reports of others having various issues on the website including login issues even after account creation and activation. Not sure if it's traffic related or other issues. Make sure you fill out the entire form (I believe they require you to retype your email address in a second window, the same as they do for the password). There have been some issues with email providers such as aol.com having too aggressive of spam filters and the verification email not getting through, so you should use something like gmail or yahoo for this until that issue is worked out. Also, people have had less issues using the Firefox browser.

Below are a couple links to threads with instructions for installing the new client, creating and activating your new account with EST, and transferring your OGP Cabal player data to the EST servers.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?205-How-to-install-CABAL

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?69-To-those-who-have-problem-with-login-activate-transfer-accounts

ForumStarla
04-05-2010, 05:50 AM
Your links are broken, Raven. At least for me they are lol.

Raven
04-05-2010, 06:05 AM
Okay, they are fixed now. Seems they didn't copy properly the first time.

mizdirector
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Raven...that really really really doesn't help. It's not an issue with 'logging in' it's an issue for BRAND NEW users to register. I've filled in that form dozens of times today with dozens of different email addresses - ALL valid - and that stupid little error message keeps popping up '(!) please type email'...sheesh, if they're going to reprimand me, I'd prefer proper English, thanks...

Also, I used three yahoo.com accounts, 2 hotmail, 1 gmail, 6 live.com and...no wait, that's it. NONE of them work. After clicking 'continue' it pops up like I never typed anything in. It'd be absolutely lovely if someone fixed this...Too bad we don't have the ability to submit a ticket since, y'know, we can't REGISTER.

ForumStarla
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Try sending an email to [email protected]?

ForumStarla
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
You guys are in the US or Canada right? Just curious :)

BaddPenny
04-05-2010, 11:35 AM
You guys are in the US or Canada right? Just curious :)

Yes. Kansas.

xbghost
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
dam still got issues with cabal huh..

Raven
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
It would really really help if everyone would relax so they can be clear and detailed enough in the description of their problem for us to give the best advice we can the first time. The registration email issue is a new one that has cropped up over the weekend and quite a few people are experiencing it. The only advice anyone can give at this point is wait till EST fixes the registration form and any other website issues. I realize many of us have spent a good bit of time and even some money on Cabal, but it is still just an online game... and no one is going to die from not being able to play it for a few days, so please be patient till EST can go through all this and get it fixed.

Please post your problem in the thread linked below if it is not already listed:

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?184-Known-Issues-Bugs-Crash-Issues

-- azarath metreon zynthos --

airsoftpr7
04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
it keep saying the same thing about typing in your email when i already did. i hope they fix this soon :(

ForumStarla
04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I am unable to make a new account too (was just testing it). I added this to the known issues thread (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?184-Known-Issues-Bugs-Crash-Issues)... I have no idea if ESTsoft looks at it but I hope they do... lol >.<

ribbitd
04-06-2010, 03:05 AM
i think it might be a browser issue at least for me because i t had the same issue and i use chrome so i tried to use IE and that didnt work then i used Opera and that worked! now i am just having an issue with starting the client i have nothing running and it keeps saying that i need to check the erl file.. im not gonna give up yet!!!!

Flarius
04-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Send the .erl file to game guard, they'll look over them and tell you what you need to do to fix the problem.

ribbitd
04-06-2010, 03:25 AM
thax will do, do you have a link to the site where i do that. i know game gaurd but i mean the exact spot where i submit that to or do i just contact their IT?

Flarius
04-06-2010, 03:30 AM
[email protected]

Send an email to them saying that you get an error logging into Cabal and they'll give you a pretty quick response on what you should do. Make sure you send all .ERL files in your game guard folder.

ribbitd
04-06-2010, 03:40 AM
thanx it do that ur awsome hope it helps!!!