PDA

View Full Version : Trickery and Deceit

Nuclearneon
06-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Did I miss some notice or update in the last couple days? Yesterday I bought several Pet Untrain Kits from the cash shop that I was going to sell to make some quick alz - but when i tried to put them on AH, I couldn't BECAUSE THEY WERE ALL ACCOUNT BOUND. I've never heard of account bound Pet Untrain Kits and I certainly have never seen them for sale in the cash shop. If you wish to sell account bound items in the cash shop - fine, but include that fact somewhere in the item description. Failing to mention the item is account bound is simple fraud, because you're intentionally misleading me into thinking I'm buying something which I'm not.

So today, (yep I'm stupid, and I want to kick myself in the head), I see the price for Troglo DT cards has gone up quite a bit. So I get this great idea to get some from the cash shop..and get a little cash flow going. I grab alot - maybe 25 DT cards or so - and when I try to put them up for sale on the Agent Shop, I cant! (insert DEJAVU here) because they are all account bound! I've read the notices....I read every word of the item description and nowhere does it say account bound.

The truth is: its your item shop and you can sell whatever you want to, but you have to describe the items honestly and correctly.

Alot of players (and some ESTsoft employees) might think that buying and selling items from the cash shop gives those players an unfair advantage. Well....you're wrong! Its gives us an advantage, but not an unfair one. By purchasing items from the cash shop, we are simply rewarding ESTsoft for their work and investment they have put into Cabal. Somebody has to pay the light bill at ESTsoft's office, and who is going to put gas in that company car they love to drive around? When we buy things from the Cash Shop, our money goes to support the developers, the programmers, and the GMs - we're supporting the future of ESTsoft.

Buying items from ESTsoft is nothing even remotely similiar to those pukes who buy alz. Their money goes to some 3rd party company who has done nothing to secure a future for Cabal. They are rewarding people who haven't made any effort other than to bot alz.

It sure seems like buying from cash shop is alot less evil than buying alz. If ESTsoft continues to amend items to account bound, I wont be able to enjoy the only part of the game I enjoy: crafting.

EDIT: Now after maintenence (6-2-10) the Pet Untrain Kits are correctly labelled as account-bound, but the Troglo DT cards are not.

Cstriker
06-03-2010, 09:24 PM
It's a game, get over it. Go spend some money on booze and have a good time with your friends.

Nuclearneon
06-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Go buy booze? Its weird that there were no responses to this post until I mention in guild chat that I had a couple beers before posting. Otherwise, "go buy booze" would be a totally random response to this post. Yes, I have a good idea who you are Cstriker.

Cstriker
06-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Uhh you have a good idea who I am? My forum name is the same as my IGN... good job?

darklordex
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
and the trolling never stops

darklordex
07-01-2010, 01:17 AM
i said it never stops! why is u pepples not trolling >:)