PDA

View Full Version : need help getting game started

Jannove
06-03-2010, 05:15 PM
since the sticky forum above isn't obivously being answered.
i'll do it this way >_<

okay. i can down load the game np. ez as pie gets done in about 20mins (tops).
but when it comes to trying to open it it wont open (or for another idea what happened) i sued enternet explorer (<--eww) and after it was downloading it said checking for viruses (or bad files somethin of that sort) and 1 second later it was still going (3mins later...) still going i even called dell (xD to see if it was my laptop or a virus or w/e) didnt do much help either, he tried saving it and i got a ss of what it says, but i mean

is it my fire wall? i have no anti virus other then that security thingy windows 7 comes with (need 64bit btw). um other wise ask questions ask anything and ill try to answer them as detailed as possible, but does any one have any solutions???

WIpwns
06-03-2010, 05:28 PM
post a thread at general topic

Jannove
06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
post a thread at general topic

but its a technical issue, not general info. i can down load the game, but i cant open the file

WIpwns
06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
but its a technical issue, not general info. i can down load the game, but i cant open the file
no1 replies if u post here

YellowXP
06-03-2010, 08:56 PM
having the same issue...

YellowXP
06-05-2010, 12:02 AM
disable basically all your computer security and the installer should work once it is...thats what finally worked for me.

ceyenne
06-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Since you basically said you didn't have an antivirus program except what came with your pc; I would get a good one first. Do an in-depth scan on your pc for pre-existing viruses.

I use Avira, Malware bytes, and Threatfire. All free programs. I experienced no conflicts. If they have conflicts for you make an exception if they do try to block the game exe. AVG antivirus doesn't work well with this game. Neither does Norton Antivirus. I would caution against disabling your firewall and antivirus programs. Just get ones that work with the game.

Your firewall may be blocking the game. Make exceptions for Game Guard, and the game exe file.

Look in forum for the port numbers used by this game and open those ports.

Make sure your windows files and drivers are all up to date, and your video card drivers are up to date. Very important.

If you still have a problem make a copy of your DXDiag file and send it to the help desk with a ticket. They would be happy to help you.