PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk GL (War, Builds, Stats)

Delayed
06-09-2015, 09:10 AM
We need to talk. So let's talk.
Speak about your flaws about your build, what to improve, what you could've done better, what you're proud of.
By pointing out everyone's strong abilities or missing perks, we'll manage to know what's best for this class.

The thing that is needed to survive in t5
I maybe have 1900+ def, but that 2% rr of mine. When facing lv 190+ enemies with 60% rate let me tell you that my defense is obsolete garbage.
If I had to do it again, I wouldve weared my SIG 5 amp longer, and take the time to save up Craftsman Forcy Gloves. Instead, I bought cheap 1 slot 7amp Archis 100-180m a piece. Capella suffers from having WIs. There's a few of them but they are exclusively in full parties with their respective guild. 10mWasted, WingsOfDestiny, Spartans, 4G, etc. We'll rarely find some loner WIs.

A small accomplishment that isn't good as much anymore(please don't judge)
Around the late level 150s, I got the idea of being Mana Freeze proof. It's to enjoy war even more, being able to evade, or spam a few ranged skills out of combo. Until now, I still use the Mana Mastery Passive Skill MP+114 and I slotted my Archi plate MP +50 and Boots MP+ 50 for a total of 1600 MP pre Force Increase. It was nice for t4 really.
I'm considering, for dungeon purposes to get the +49 Defense and get rid of Mana Mastery soon. I'll still be stuck with MP slotted Archi but oh well.
A good leech life profile can make up for 100 HP, in normal dungs of course.

Playing with Redo Chaks+7-11
Having 278 max DEX allows us to gain 56 more pts in STR for an extra Atk of ~50 rather than having 334 DEX to wear Forcy +7 and above.
Maybe it has the same Atk values as high +ed Forcy or +6-7 Archi but when doing high level dungs like FT2/MO you start to see the lack
of Attack Rate. For t2, t3 it's viable. t4 is alright, but for good PvP in BMs Forcy/Archi is preferred. Guardians farming won't affect much.
Being now lv 170+ I'm thinking of a way to get some higher grade weapons. Kanaph in ECA is an example where Attack Rate is important.
Other than that, 278 DEX allowed me to obtain a decent Attack Base for a while.

War
GL, most of us said that it's a all around class.
GL has not much stuns included in skills or incredible defensive shorts. Fadeaway Down +70% can put some ppl down when they are in BM but it isn't a game changer.
This class is still a good decoy in PvP, to distract FBs.
I'd say GLs specialty is to help in Guardian Medium/Larges push.
With the Accuracy buff, if the opposite faction comes in to block, at least you guys will miss less on OP FAs ;P

I like to use:
1 VampEarr +7-8 and
1 Force Regeneration Earr +7 for some good Auto Heal.

Now in the gear slots: I wouldn't recommend HP auto heal (gloves,boots,armor) anyhow, it could be interesting for t3 with BM3 fatal stage 3.
Auto heal + high def can make you last longer in fight. Build it with DEX 305(SIG +7) or DEX 334(Forcy+7), wear some nice Resist stuff, EOG, Bike and you made yourself a non friendly GL for sure. That would be something to try out.

Build

My build so far is not too bad.
5.4k HP
57/57 rate
137 cd
1945 Atk
1965 Def
49 Amp
4k Atk Rate
3.3k Def Rate

Bloody Rusk (lv 8) don't judge, I keep it long at least
3 main skills used all the time in rotation,
Eternal Slash, Illusion Blade, Crimson Blade
^ No Pen, No Down, just decent AoEs that aren't too long.

I strongly recommend to work on rate as soon as possible. It'll help for EXP grinds, and dungeons.

_____

Please share any advices or explain us some good build ideas or flaws you found over time. Mistakes or regrets.

The Scrub
06-09-2015, 01:48 PM
First big post in GL section? Writing off my phone so forgive me if some things I write are out of order/worded poorly.

It's obviously alot different now that there's alot of GL gear going around, but back when I had my GL I went the cheap build of rate Helm with cdi weps. Could score around 550-700 in the smaller wars (before they got their buffs) with a forci +12 38 dmg, a sig +15 38 dmg and a 24/10 stit Helm. I believe my Def was around 2.2k (2 piece forci, 1 piece sig, 1 piece stit) and I was only hr12.

I would've recommended against your choice to slot MP as HP is multiplied in war so you miss a decent amount from having it slotted MP. Regarding weapon choice I wouldn't bother using anything under sig in T5, even then pair it with a forci/archri. You won't do damage to anyone with sub 2.4k attack with a GL outside of BM3, everyone just has too much Def, rsa and rr now days.

My advice, if you're looking for a cheap cookie cutter build just aim for a 15/24 with 2x36/38 dmg weps (don't waste alz on rosm). Get a decent honour rank before you even consider trying to tank anyone, get 190 asap and bring that amp up to standard. It's hard to give proper advice without knowing what your gear is.

I miss my GL :(

Delayed
06-10-2015, 07:32 AM
Thanks for your great reply The Scrub.

To explain my build, let's just say it's a cheap build.

All my items combined, with accessories, would be worth max 2.5b ((Kred included) 1.9b without Kred)

I'm using generic gear, 8/20 redo chaks x2, 3/20 green forcy helm. 19 rate right there.

To improve my build, I'd need Killian's Ring (cd +2), and a Minesta Fighter Belt +8 (cd+1 amp +1). I should swap one of my Redo for a Forcy or Archi. Atk ~50+ Atk Rate ~150+
In the long run, I see Pet EXP rune being replaced for SSA Rune.

My GL is fresh from January, It didn't participate in any SIG events for weaps and armor.

Anyway, my GL is only lv 175, so yeah, I can't hit enemies at all. They use 1,000 HP pots now and when I hit WAs I can't even get past the potting and HP AutoHeal/Vamp. I'm working on the Pen and Add Dmg Merit Tree, it'll help me a bit.

xFear
06-14-2015, 04:28 PM
dmg was never an issue when i was a GL and all i used was red osm and sig.idk why every1 cares so much about going dmg build on GL.
imo def>dmg build considering u are a mele class u need high def to survive big groups of ppl in war;no point in having high dmg being a gl when u have no def and u simply get 2 shot.its the same with dgs because ur a GL u will mostly get aggro in bm3 if u spam baab x2/3,worry more about def and rate than anything else.

attack 2186
def 3047
evasion 1510
cr56/60
cd 190
amp 47
dmg reduce 402
pen 198
rcr 25
rcd 41
ramp 30

^my stats before i quit,attack means nothing as long as ur rate is high and ur def is enough to back it up.

ToasterStrudel
06-14-2015, 06:49 PM
attack means nothing as long as ur rate is high and ur def is enough to back it up.
#meta2015 let's all rock redosm weapons with 70rate!! who needs attack

hanhnn13
06-14-2015, 08:39 PM
You got 50k add dmg

Delayed
06-15-2015, 09:43 AM
Well base Atk helps for solo dunging. Saves few seconds on each boss.
Makes the ic1s, AoS2s less boring. I'm the kind of guy that dances and saves SP by using combo a lot in solo runs.

I'm not OP like your GL xFear and I don't want to be OP. Slightly above average will do.

I agree that Defense can be useful for PvE and PvP.

I'm at the stage though, that doing good in t5 is impossible. I could build rez towers I guess.

xFear
06-15-2015, 02:11 PM
Well base Atk helps for solo dunging. Saves few seconds on each boss.
Makes the ic1s, AoS2s less boring. I'm the kind of guy that dances and saves SP by using combo a lot in solo runs.

I'm not OP like your GL xFear and I don't want to be OP. Slightly above average will do.

I agree that Defense can be useful for PvE and PvP.

I'm at the stage though, that doing good in t5 is impossible. I could build rez towers I guess.

oh no man all i was saying is that imo u or any other GL should focus on def and rate more than anything else,rage will do the job of dmg.
i havent play GL in a long time and idk if they have changed since then so sorry if im wrong :/

Delayed
06-15-2015, 04:47 PM
oh no man all i was saying is that imo u or any other GL should focus on def and rate more than anything else,rage will do the job of dmg.
i havent play GL in a long time and idk if they have changed since then so sorry if im wrong :/

GOT YA. and np.

You'll be mad at me if I tell you I took off the Defensive Passive Def +49 for MP +114

xPPP

I'm thinking of removing it.

But yeah you're right, Def Rate is important. GL doesn't get much Def Rate on his armor compared to WI / BL / FA / FB.

hanhnn13
06-15-2015, 05:19 PM
why not compare to WA FS?