PDA

View Full Version : Cabal suddenly starts running slow??

Xyle
04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Cabal has always been running as smoothly as possible, during dungeons, wars, P.V.P. and dancing for SP, never had a problem with this so called "LAG".
Recently i noticed in PF i was having these "sections" of lags. Thinking it would be something as small as a virus scan, or a internet cramp, i really didn't care. but these "laggy sections" kept becoming more frequent, and recently i cleaned my computer with CCleaner, Auslogics; Defragmented with 2 different programs inlcuding the disk cleanup in Vista, and the problems are still unable to recover.
Tried updating graphix card?: Yes.
Could it be the overflow of the only 10 channels?: Maybe.
Could it be Gameguard ing up all the needed ram?: Maybe; other games with Gameguard works fine...

Raven
04-05-2010, 07:35 PM
If your system is running integrated on board video instead of a separate graphics card, it is always slower and more choppy than a separate card mostly because it has no dedicated graphics memory of it's own, it shares system memory and therefore also shares the same bus. The fact that it was running better before is most likely because GameGuard is taxing system resources a little more than xTrap was and you may be running other things that you weren't before. It will run a lot smoother for everything with a regular dedicated graphics card. Even systems with integrated graphics usually have an expansion slot for a regular graphics card to be installed. Graphics cards typically have their own memory on board and handle most of the video processing with less CPU and memory access, so the system will run a lot smoother especially with graphics intensive programs like games. Even if your system does have a separate graphics card, if it's an older system, it may be approaching it's limit with some games. A newer video card might help if the system board isn't too old. Additional system memory can also help. The link below is to the thread of that person with video integrated on the motherboard.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?358-Fps

Xyle
04-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Before the Transfer cabal always ran smooth, it can't be my graphics card if i never had a problem with this game. that's why im thinking it could be the over flowing amount of people in only 10 channels.

Raven
04-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Well, that is another issue, more crowded means more player data has to be downloaded, whether it's network bottlenecks or raw processing power that are the issue. Still, GameGuard does tax system resources a little more so that adds to the overhead. Try going to channel one and running around to see if the lag clears up since it is almost deserted there. Just remember, the software has been updated and the hacking prevention system has been changed. I think if this had occurred with OGP, the result would have been pretty much the same. There have also been a number of issues with GameGuard causing problems for some people running certain OS's. Their problems have ranged from simple connection errors to all out lock ups and blue screens. At least you are running and can play. I guess we just need to be a little patient till EST can go over everything and get it all straightened out.

Xyle
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
I did what you recommended me doing ( going to channel 1 ) earlier today ,and i noticed my FPS being over 60!
in other channels sometimes it would be around 14 - 20 tops and down to 9.
today wasn't a really busy day in cabal, so the the FPS was at 30, and sometimes 50.
From this i am assuming it is really because of the low channel availability, and it shouldn't be a problem if 10 more channels would be added like the old cabal was.
Thanks for giving your recommendations and your knowledge towards this topic and i hope people who are having a similar problem can find this thread for their solutions.

Leonhart
04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
If you only got a decrease in performance in Cabal, channels is prolly the issue.

If it's overall, Do you ever take a can of compressed air to your desktop/laptop? (Basic Computer Maintenance) I get freaked out about how dusty some people let their comps get...

nibblez
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
i hate gameguard -__- its a pos imo

turtlesdove3
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Agree. The latest patch they had now won't let 2 of our computers into cabal now. My husband's so ticked he said he's done and quitting. :(

Between the hassle of several tries to log in game, and the d/c's and the lag, it's awful.

I cannot handle it either. Waiting for technology to bless an easier way out.

jimbo
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Cabal has always been running as smoothly as possible, during dungeons, wars, P.V.P. and dancing for SP, never had a problem with this so called "LAG".
Recently i noticed in PF i was having these "sections" of lags. Thinking it would be something as small as a virus scan, or a internet cramp, i really didn't care. but these "laggy sections" kept becoming more frequent, and recently i cleaned my computer with CCleaner, Auslogics; Defragmented with 2 different programs inlcuding the disk cleanup in Vista, and the problems are still unable to recover.
Tried updating graphix card?: Yes.
Could it be the overflow of the only 10 channels?: Maybe.
Could it be Gameguard I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing up all the needed ram?: Maybe; other games with Gameguard works fine...

use task manager and stop some programs from working