PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding the Equipment System of Cabal

Bundy
06-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I am looking for an MMORPG to delve into. Cabal came across my radar. It looks good, but I cannot find information about the item system in the game. I realize there is going to be weapons and armor and potions, ect, but I wanted more information, such as:

Are the drop stats on items random?
Are there lategame items I can strive for months into playing?
Unrelated, but how is the endgame PvP, balance wise?

Rastan
06-12-2010, 03:56 PM
1.yes
2.yes
3.depends on how you build your character

haxz0r
06-25-2010, 03:47 AM
1. yes
2. years (many years)
4. it's all about how you play and what gear you have. Even if you are lvl 170, a lvl 150 could still win over you if he/she plays smart

Flaw
06-25-2010, 10:29 PM
1. yes
2. years (many years)
4. it's all about how you play and what gear you have. Even if you are lvl 170, a lvl 150 could still win over you if he/she plays smart

You would have to be absolutely braindead for that to happen.

Enso
06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
You would have to be absolutely braindead for that to happen.

Not really, my FB can beat people who are 160, and it's 140, same level difference. And the people I PvP'd aren't bad, I see them do very well most of the time.

Fishy
06-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Not really, my FB can beat people who are 160, and it's 140, same level difference. And the people I PvP'd aren't bad, I see them do very well most of the time.

i can kill 170 wizzies with my 140 FB o.0 granted, they're not the BEST of the wizes...but i can still beat em. and my 140 FS can kill 90% of anything it comes across xD rofl

Valdoroth
06-26-2010, 06:28 PM
yea, even though items are a huge thing, a smarter player can win over someone 20 lvl higher than them. However, I do wish it was more skill oriented than gear oriented. If they got rid of all critical damage related things including rate and changed it for atk and stuff it would be much more skill oriented (that idea isn't mine, it's xCuterx's, and he's absolutely right about it too)

Wiccaan
06-26-2010, 07:04 PM
yea, even though items are a huge thing, a smarter player can win over someone 20 lvl higher than them. However, I do wish it was more skill oriented than gear oriented. If they got rid of all critical damage related things including rate and changed it for atk and stuff it would be much more skill oriented (that idea isn't mine, it's xCuterx's, and he's absolutely right about it too)

Only downside to this is you remove one thing, people will stack something else, which just leads to the same issue. Not downing the idea, just saying it has flaws.

Fishy
06-26-2010, 11:36 PM

well everybody assumes that there's this endgame setup you have to have in order to be considered a good player.....making everything else involved in the game absolutely negligible. if they removed everything besides the basic form of each gear.....and only had the will, dest, db, amp, etc and slots in forcium gear, it would make a LOT of the game turn into a skill oriented game......considering how expensive forcy is when its really good, very few people will get their hands on it unless it happens to drop.

Valdoroth
06-27-2010, 12:50 PM
well, he also had the idea of adding atk into any gear type and not just weaps. bcs then the amp from your skills would have more effect. For this game, its too far into it to not have some form of 'endgame' gear.

Mishon
07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
1. Are the drop stats on items random? Yes
2. Are there lategame items I can strive for months into playing? So hard to find you'd quit before you find them.
3. Unrelated, but how is the endgame PvP, balance wise? Alz buyers win.

jimbo
07-27-2010, 02:39 PM
i can kill 170 wizzies with my 140 FB o.0 granted, they're not the BEST of the wizes...but i can still beat em. and my 140 FS can kill 90% of anything it comes across xD rofl

lol u a fs and grats on the fb to do that

Enso
07-27-2010, 06:05 PM
As I keep telling people, PvP is balanced when it's freestyle. Kay thanks. So much more skill when you don't just press a couple buttons and hope for crit.

jimbo
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
tellim how pro u is enso

Enso
07-27-2010, 07:39 PM
tellim how pro u is enso

Okay...

Ahem, attention everyone, I am || <-- that much pro.

Kay thanks.

SyndicateBlader
08-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Enso is quite correct. FREESTYLE PVP OR I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥. Standing pvp where you just stand there and hope for crits is gear/luck oriented. Freestyle pvp is more skill oriented, but beware that FB's absolutely dominate in this field.

Gear isn't THAT hard to find. It depends on your server and where your server economy is. I've played my BL for only a month so far. And I already have a few pieces of what can be called "end-game" gear. Its all about how you manage your money, and how smart your decisions are with it early game. Of course you'll make mistakes since this will be your first character, but I'd be willing to help you out if you have any questions. As long as you're on Venus server, where I'm more familiar with prices and whatnot. You can make a good 60+ million alz from questing alone, and that 60+ million alz can get you an Osmium Armorsuit +6 7 amp 50 hp, which can be used on at least 4 classes.

tl;dr
Be smart.
Your first character will always have its share of mistakes.
Ask me anything you need to know. I'm on the Venus Server and my name is SyndicateBlader
Pvp depends on how you play it.