PDA

View Full Version : Steam is a HACK now??

malfusion
06-18-2010, 09:50 AM
firsly, im not sure if this is posted in the rite place so yeah.. plz tell me if its not..

now.. i can play the game fine.. but friends on steam msg me heaps while im playing and so i have to minimise to respond which causes my computer to have a lagfest.. so i tryed to launch this useing steam so that i could use the steamUI and didnt have to minimise anymore.. but wen i got to the logon screen it says "An error has been detected by the hacking protection system." or something very similar, my question is does anyone know how i can get past this? i know its gameguard but i see no reason for it to see steam as a hack, even steam hates hacks!

Also, sorry for no SS but wen i take them in a game alls i get is a whole lot of white....

i found this pic in another post that looks like the same error i have

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x2/lekthus/Cabalerror.jpg

Wiccaan
06-18-2010, 12:51 PM
That's GameGuard for ya. Nothing ESTsoft can do about it either other then removing GameGuard from the game. You can go complain on GameGuards site if you want but I'm sure it would be no different then submitting a ticket here. I suggest not bothering with Xfire too if you plan to try that next, GameGuard doesn't play well with that either.

malfusion
06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
bleh was hopeing someone found a way around it.. ohs well

jimbo
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
firsly, im not sure if this is posted in the rite place so yeah.. plz tell me if its not..

now.. i can play the game fine.. but friends on steam msg me heaps while im playing and so i have to minimise to respond which causes my computer to have a lagfest.. so i tryed to launch this useing steam so that i could use the steamUI and didnt have to minimise anymore.. but wen i got to the logon screen it says "An error has been detected by the hacking protection system." or something very similar, my question is does anyone know how i can get past this? i know its gameguard but i see no reason for it to see steam as a hack, even steam hates hacks!

Also, sorry for no SS but wen i take them in a game alls i get is a whole lot of white....

i found this pic in another post that looks like the same error i have

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x2/lekthus/Cabalerror.jpg
i had same problem just deal with game guard i got to log in 2 times to enter cabal