PDA

View Full Version : can log in but cant connect to world

planbmatt1
06-22-2010, 04:57 AM
ok so i have been browsing the forums for weeks and still cant find a solution i can log in but cant connect to world. i have my firewall disabled and ports are open. i had it working a year ago but quit reinstalled cabal and now it dosent work. please help

Wiccaan
06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Make sure you have the new client, or have done the manual patch to update to the newer version.

You can download the full client or manual patch (to patch over the OGPlanet client) from: http://www.cabal.com/main
(Download link is the orb on the top left, you have to be logged in.)

planbmatt1
06-23-2010, 03:57 AM
i did download the full client of the website. then i copy and pasted the manual patch just into the regular cabal folder is that right?

Wiccaan
06-23-2010, 11:50 AM
i did download the full client of the website. then i copy and pasted the manual patch just into the regular cabal folder is that right?

You do not need to use the manual patch if you have downloaded the newest client from the new site. Uninstall CABAL and delete any left-over files, then just reinstall the main client again. Do not use the manual patch since you are not updating an OGP client.

6h15
10-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Up. I've got the same problem. Is it solved now ? I need help !

Divv88
11-11-2010, 11:30 AM
lol seems alot of people are gettin the same problem.. i type in my id and pass.. but i get no where..xD it just stops and doesn't tell me anything,.. doesn;t connect or nothing..xD kinda BOO bout to just give up and uninstall really.. cabal aint worth all these problems..

jay7981
11-11-2010, 07:31 PM
ok the answer was already given ...

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO PLAY ....

Uninstall Cabal
Delete any left over files and folders related to cabal
RE-Download Cabal from HERE (http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client)
Install Cabal
DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT DL and INSTALL the MANUAL PATCH!!!!!!!
If you are on Vista or Seven then follow the next few steps if not then jsut run the game let it update and play ...

VISTA/SEVEN Users (ONLY)
Right click on the icon for cabal that is on the desktop
Left click on PROPERTIES
Left Click on the COMPATIBILITY TAB
put a check mark in the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" box
LEFT CLICK on OK
now run the game let it update log in and play.

The reason you are having to do this is because you are either a Global player or an OGP player and have not changed to the new client properly, there may be some left over files from the previous host that are causing issues.

ALSO NOTE that if you are an OGP Player and HAVE NOT transferred your account over yet then you are screwed because all OGP transfers have been finished.

If you cannot follow these simple instructions and have it work then please jsut delete your account and stop posting because you are too nub to even worry about it.