PDA

View Full Version : Failed DL

Aiden
04-07-2010, 04:20 AM
haven't played cabal for sometime now and trying to redl it all i get is errors and curropted files when i dl it

yes avast is turned off

running Vista 32 bit
played cabal from ogplanet and some private server(don't try them ever most and ruin the game) on same laptop sp it should work

ty if any of u can help
or if u guys could even send me your files so i can do it the long way

Aiden
04-07-2010, 08:29 AM
i'm dling though xfire who here has done that and will it still patch properly?

Aiden
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
well thank you all for not helping, i still trying to dl the game xfire has to old of a version and says to reinstall so ty for the help

Berserk_Fury
04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
A lot of private servers install malware on your computer which takes effect when you try to remove them.

Aiden
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM
A lot of private servers install malware on your computer which takes effect when you try to remove them.

havnt removed the p server and have a malware scaner and ccleanr and pccleaner
i make simple flash games all i need is all the patches and i would be fine or if someone can transfer there data after they put in a winrar file or zip or anything

Berserk_Fury
04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't know, this is the first I hear of people getting errors out of installation from EST's website. It has to be a problem on your end.

Aiden
04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
can u send me you files that u dl or something u did save them and not just run them correct?

Berserk_Fury
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
I downloaded the installer from cabal.com and I installed it. I'm not going to send you my files.

Aiden
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
all i would need is a copy of the files that the site gave you not ur files

Leonhart
04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
all i would need is a copy of the files that the site gave you not ur files

Try using a download manager? I use the DownThemAll! Firefox plugin to download large files.

Aiden
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Try using a download manager? I use the DownThemAll! Firefox plugin to download large files.

good idea but is there a recomended one for internet explorer or google chrome

btw i found and old file from the forgoten island file on a mmo site im trying it now
(it failed the clients server u don't need to be a member, but if i don't want to wait a day to dl it)

Aiden
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM

great idea just one prob laptop on wirless gana take longer but yea gues it all thats left to try
ty for the help n nice pic btw

Leonhart
04-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Firefox is my main browser with chrome being my secondary and I avoid IE. The DownThemAll! team doesn't want to work with Chrome yet.

Dunno if Chrome has any good extensions for downloads seeing that I only use it as a simple browser when mobile (and when the horrible OGP forums glitched). I'll check in 2 hours when I'm in Bio. If you want you can try a free download managing program like FlashGet, I personally like how DownThemAll! is built into the browser and won't take any system resources when not needed. And get your download from Cabal.com.

BTW I use wireless all the time too =P. What type of connection do you have?

Aiden
04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
found a multi purpose for IE n chrome n firefox it worked well took 4 hours but still it working thanks alot man

Aiden
04-07-2010, 01:58 PM
BTW I use wireless all the time too =P. What type of connection do you have?
i have a 100 speed internet though atnt and 100 speed though armstrong

Karai
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think Xfire would load any spyware & stuff but I wouldn't know... if it still doesn't work out for you or anyone else, you can try downloading this old file http://download.cnet.com/Cabal-Online/3000-7540_4-10803157.html?tag=mncol and patch it up to the current version.