PDA

View Full Version : The CORRECT WAY TO CALCULATE DAMAGE WITH ANY SKILL OR GEAR.

Sheep
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I've seen previous formulas, but i found that mine is more accurate. To calculate your damage, just do the following.

- Pick the skill you want and add the amount of amp it gives to the amount of amp you have from your gear.
- Multiply that amount of amp by how much attack/magic attack you have. For example, if i have 80% amp total with impact stab and my gear, then i would multiply my attack by 1.8.
- Add the add. attack from the skill to the amount you got after multiplying the amp.
- Subtract the amount of defense your opponent has from the number you have so far.
- Now, divide that by 4, because you do 1/4th your normal damage against other people.

- if you want to calculate it if you were to crit, just multiply that last number by however much crit you have. for example, if i have 130% crit damage, i multiply the number by 2.3.

*NOTE* If your using one of those area skills like infernal impact, whirlwind, blade scud, etc., then you have to multiply by 1.25 because those skills have 25% more damage than regular skills.

One thing that confuses many people is that after step 3, it isn't the same number as the one in parentheses next to attack whenever you cast a skill. This is because in many cases, that number is wrong. Yes, it is WRONG. Quite misleading, isn't it?

I've tested these all myself and i got every skill to hit exactly what i calculated before i hit it, or like 1-10 points difference. Enjoy :D

lethalskills
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
NICE its closest one by far

Aiden
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
now only if you were to make a calc app to do this for u

beowolf101
04-07-2010, 06:46 PM
yo numbers plz -_- don't wanna read

Leonhart
04-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Did you test yours against these?

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?332-Calculation-of-AtK-Dmg-and-Amp

http://forums.asiasoftsea.net/showthread.php?t=569296

Sabuvok
04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
yo numbers plz -_- don't wanna read

This is "his" formula
{ [Base attack * (1 + total amp) + skill attack ] - Defense of opponent } / 4

Total amp = amp from skill + amp from equips (in decimal form : 80% = 0.8)
Skill attack = the +attack the skill description has
the "/4" is for doing pvp's

Btw, the reason i used "" around his, is because it isnt really his formula.
He may have thougt it up by himself, but i have heard this formula from other sources.

Sheep
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
He may have thougt it up by himself, but i have heard this formula from other sources.
hm, i've only seen one other before and it was off. oh well xD

Sabuvok
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
xP i read that formula in some guide or thread on old forums

LastHour
04-17-2010, 12:54 AM
I've seen previous formulas, but i found that mine is more accurate. To calculate your damage, just do the following.

- Pick the skill you want and add the amount of amp it gives to the amount of amp you have from your gear.
- Multiply that amount of amp by how much attack/magic attack you have. For example, if i have 80% amp total with impact stab and my gear, then i would multiply my attack by 1.8.
- Add the add. attack from the skill to the amount you got after multiplying the amp.
- Subtract the amount of defense your opponent has from the number you have so far.
- Now, divide that by 4, because you do 1/4th your normal damage against other people.

- if you want to calculate it if you were to crit, just multiply that last number by however much crit you have. for example, if i have 130% crit damage, i multiply the number by 2.3.

*NOTE* If your using one of those area skills like infernal impact, whirlwind, blade scud, etc., then you have to multiply by 1.25 because those skills have 25% more damage than regular skills.

One thing that confuses many people is that after step 3, it isn't the same number as the one in parentheses next to attack whenever you cast a skill. This is because in many cases, that number is wrong. Yes, it is WRONG. Quite misleading, isn't it?

I've tested these all myself and i got every skill to hit exactly what i calculated before i hit it, or like 1-10 points difference. Enjoy :D

Your missing a lot of things in this statement. I also already made a far more advanced calculator to do all this for users, this is too simple. If you were to add up the numbers on the orange text [note its the text, not its ability to AOE] they would be off by simplifying them all as just +25% damage [which is also wrong]. Each one of them is different with their own formula, and there are slight additions in changes for higher defense monsters.

For example Lightning slash would be (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage [something you forgot about]. Thats the PvE formula for it where power = (attack*amp)+attack+skill attack, far more than just 25% more damage. Roughly simplified, its 2.2x [or a 120% increase in damage] what it should do if it was a normal skill, fighting a single target that is. For PvP these skills all vary with different multipliers as 1.2 or 1.3.

Damage also changes with other things, such as rankups improving bm2's and level affecting the defense a monster has. Its way too complicated to explain all the ways damage works for everyone to understand, its best they just use the calculators and let those do the work for them.

Sheep
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Your missing a lot of things in this statement. I also already made a far more advanced calculator to do all this for users, this is too simple. If you were to add up the numbers on the orange text [note its the text, not its ability to AOE] they would be off by simplifying them all as just +25% damage [which is also wrong]. Each one of them is different with their own formula, and there are slight additions in changes for higher defense monsters.

For example Lightning slash would be (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage [something you forgot about]. Thats the PvE formula for it where power = (attack*amp)+attack+skill attack, far more than just 25% more damage. Roughly simplified, its 2.2x [or a 120% increase in damage] what it should do if it was a normal skill, fighting a single target that is. For PvP these skills all vary with different multipliers as 1.2 or 1.3.

Damage also changes with other things, such as rankups improving bm2's and level affecting the defense a monster has. Its way too complicated to explain all the ways damage works for everyone to understand, its best they just use the calculators and let those do the work for them.
first of all, lvl only reduces your damage by 1% per lvl, it was in the old update.
second, wtf is a multiplier?
third, your (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage is totally retarted... wtf... doesnt even make sense.
fourth, i call them area skills because that's what the orange text talks about. what do you want me to call them, jesus >_>

silver2020
04-17-2010, 09:16 AM
heres the best way to calculate...if you 3 hit someone higher then you then ur damage is uber

viciouscockfight
04-17-2010, 09:31 AM
first of all, lvl only reduces your damage by 1% per lvl, it was in the old update.
third, your (power -defense)+(power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987)+add damage is totally retarted... wtf... doesnt even make sense.
fourth, i call them area skills because that's what the orange text talks about. what do you want me to call them, jesus >_>

l2math

LastHour
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM

Lol, your making a damage calculator and you don't even know what multipliers are? Its just as it sounds, it multiplies something. Linear vs exponential relationships is a simple math concept. Linear is like your addition, 2+2+2+2 and so forth like how defense works. It is constant and will never change in its relationship of any value to any other regardless of what numbers are used, always 2+ whatever the original value was in this case [meaning adding 2 defense at 1000 defense and 2 defense at 500 defense is the exact same thing] Multipliers would be like your amp and critical damage which gain more and more advantage for higher base values. They do not have the same consistency in values as the linear ones, hence 50% critical damage with a base of 500 is not the same as 50% critical damage with a base of 5000. This is the main problem with your universal statement that 1 amp = 2 critical damage. They are dependent variables and thus their outcome [the advantage you gain] varies on the stats used, there is no universal statement to encompass it all.

Ex: Base stats on my calculator with a lv 150 FA [35 amp, 960 m. atk, 100 crit damage] vs a bloody orc [lakeside]. For adding 1 amp to "critical shot" average DPS rises from 2465 to 2482.67, 2 critical damage instead rises average DPS from 2465 to 2477. If in theory your statement were to hold true that 1 amp = 2 critical damage, at 50 rate the average DPS should be the same but it obviously isn't the case. I'd explain it further but if you don't get even the basic LS formula I will explain below, it would be useless to communicate a more advanced measure.

I'll try to explain it in the best way I can.
LS [and other orange texts] work like this. The first half of the formula [power-defense] is the same as any other skill works. For most skills it ends here and no further calculation is done [the "normal" way skills work]. On these special ones however, it is added again [hence two power-defense statements] but with a special second condition. The "Second half" of (power-defense)*(mob defense * .0000025575+1.1987) is basically just [power-defense] * 1.2. That 1.1987 is the constant or multiplier for this part, for sake of ease we will just say it is 1.2. The mob defense * .0000025575 is the special condition to this, it adds more to this 1.2 ratio for every increasing defense a monster has, making it a stronger and stronger ratio the more defense a monster you fight has. Ex: At 0 defense it is 1.1987, at 1245 defense it is 1.2012 and so forth.

My honest advice is that you step back and take more time to analyze these things before prematurely releasing something. You clearly do not have enough data to cover many variables and this oversimplification is going to cause many wrong values to be produced when tested across many ranges. Your still lacking many basic concepts [like the effects of add damage such as when a blader may use art of fierceness] let alone the more complicated things. All the necessary work has also already been done by many others and you would just end up reproducing and working to "re-invent the wheel" as a Euro GM put it.

Sheep
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
tl;dr

jimbo
10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
this is the way to calculate dmg with any skill or gear ^-^
http://dmgcalculator.webs.com/

WIPwns.
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
best dmg calc is lasthour's calc

/thread

ppl below this line are gots (1 got so far)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

ZEPR0
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
this is the way to calculate dmg with any skill or gear ^-^
http://dmgcalculator.webs.com/

nice

weLL the person on top of me is more retarded, stupid, shut -up you g0T

Eurus
10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
THIS IS MY FORMULA

Base attack = A
Skill's Amp = B
Skill's Attack Damage = C
Your Magic or Sword Amp = D

[A x (B + D)] + C + A = Your Base Attack Skill Damage (without Critical Damage)

PVP: [A x (B + D)] + C + A = Your Base Attack Skill Damage - opponent's defense / 4

Example:

My Sword Amp = 5%
Base Attack = 500
Seismic Wave Level 9 = 822 Attack and 70% S.amp

[500 x (.70 + .05)] + 822 + 500 = Seismic Wave attack damage (Excluding Critical Damage)

Trial:

1. 500 x .75 = 375 (Add your sword amp and the skill's amp then multiple it with your base attack, 500)
2. 375 + 822 = 1197
3. 1172 + 500 = 1697

1697 = Your regular Seismic Wave attack damage

This formula can be applied to any Sword Amp or Magic Amp Skill. (There is a slight difference in Magic Amp Skill if you have "Add attack")

Thank you.

ZEPR0
10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
best dmg calc is lasthour's calc

/thread

ppl below this line are gots (1 got so far)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

you f@ckin talking me ?!?!?!!

Eurus
10-18-2010, 05:51 PM
you f@ckin talking me ?!?!?!!

I believe so. wipwns just likes pwning people ^_^

I already showed you people how to calculate your damage! WTF!

ScarFB
10-23-2010, 02:32 PM
i havent read anything u guys posted, but just sayin use this. its outdated but still works.

http://cabal.mmosite.com/guides/tool_of_damage_calculator.shtml

learn to use it, its so much easier than anything u guys are sayin(from waht ive read :P)