PDA

View Full Version : Nothing happens after clicking the Start button?

[GM] Valentine
04-08-2010, 08:05 AM
If nothing happens after clicking the Start button at launcher try the following steps:

- Click the "Check Files" button on the launcher. It will take some time to check all CABAL client files.

- Add CABAL to your Anti-Virus Exception list.

- Add CABAL, GameGuard to your Firewall Exception list.
If you suddenly cannot enter after an update it could be the recent update that changed some Cabal exe's, delete the old exe from the exception list and then re-add the new one. Firewalls and Anti-Viruses know when an exe has been changed and will always attempt to block the new version.

- Turn off any program that could crash with nProtect GameGuard

- Adjust your graphics settings (e.g. anti-sampling on/off; full screen on/off)

- Please up-to-date all your drivers to the latest version.

* If none of above solutions are successful, reinstall the client after a proper uninstall and delete manually the remaining folder of CABAL Online. (C:\Program Files\Cabal Online (US)\)

DVwizzy
04-08-2010, 08:08 AM
McAfee fix: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?613-Does-your-CABAL-keep-closing-Have-McAfee-LOOK-HERE! cred to yumcookies

Avast fix: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?651-Avast-Fix-Pictoral-Guide

ty for a sticky on this problem...

Leonhart
04-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Procedure for everything: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=16125

Hachesen
04-08-2010, 08:47 AM
I hope this helps....

naishadh
04-08-2010, 08:51 AM
i cant still log in. everything is off

DVwizzy
04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
simply turning it off won't fix it completely.. find a guide and follow the solution to your problem...

CriSai
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks... sigh.

DemonWrath
04-08-2010, 11:13 AM
there is one more method i will make a thread for it i just hope you guys stick it. (the link i fixed it from no longer exists?)

CriSai
04-08-2010, 02:50 PM
lol I gave up, uninstalled McAfee (other PCs at home still using it though) and using AVG free now. -.-

Hachesen
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yea its not working.... I did eveything i was supposed to do and it still doesnt do anything after I click the start button.

dguo808
04-08-2010, 10:03 PM
so does anyone have a good way to solve this problem?
this technical difficulty is really frustrating me

Matiel
04-09-2010, 04:20 AM
yup nothing works for me besides actually turning off McAfee which i am not going to do because thats very stupid. idk what to doo sighh

xbghost
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
ditto ditto......

Matiel
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
yup tried everything possible to do, and EST cant do anything to fix it so looks like im screwed till i get my own computer which is like...late june? fun stuff. good job EST.

Matiel
04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
goodbye cabal.

GaikozWraith
04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
i just went to mcafee today then i cant start cabal now.
i did what the post said

DVwizzy
04-10-2010, 09:10 AM
download avast xD its free and the fix works :P

Matiel
04-10-2010, 06:59 PM
see the thing is..parent doesnt want to turn off anti-virus or get a new one,doesnt wanna take the risk of ruining her new computer over a game blah blah,sigh @_@

Raven
04-10-2010, 08:34 PM
If your anti-virus removed cabalmain.exe, thinking it was a virus, then you need to restore it from quarantine.

dkkan
04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Nothing happens after clicking the Start button because I'm banned.

GaikozWraith
04-11-2010, 06:41 AM
- Add CABAL to your Anti-Virus Exception list.
how do you do this in mcafee

Matiel
04-11-2010, 07:02 AM
raven, i restore it then when i go to the folder where its at it runs away back to quarentine before i can click it,and if i click it it wont let me do anythin to it and acts like it doesnt exist..and ya idk how to add whole cabal folder ect to exceptions list on McAfee

GaikozWraith
04-11-2010, 07:09 AM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj38/ichigo0609/mcafee.jpg
how do i add to anti virus list

Matiel
04-11-2010, 07:12 AM
ur mcafee looks diff than mine o.o

GaikozWraith
04-11-2010, 07:22 AM
i know right, my mcafee on other computer looks different too

Matiel
04-11-2010, 08:10 AM
anyways,to note to people that having McAfee is not as easy as avast,ive seent he avast steps to fix it and its so easy,unlike mcafee i cant find an exclusion list..if it has one,plus it acts like cabalmain.exe doesnt exist so im pree much screwed till i get my own computer..

GaikozWraith
04-11-2010, 04:43 PM
when i open cash shop, cabal crashes and mcafee said its a trojan

Raven
04-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Here is a link to McAfee's website with instructions for excluding files and directories.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50998

Leonhart
04-12-2010, 10:40 PM
i know right, my mcafee on other computer looks different too

You referring to the diff between 2009/2010 version?

Is everyone who is using McAfee actually paying for it or using free trials... Cause if you're paying... There are much better options out there that provide better protection while using up less resources.

epirockx
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
If those still do NOT work.. Re-Install the game..
Do so by..
1. Turn off Anti Virus. For McAfee - Advanced Menu> Configure>Computer & Files> Turn off First 3. ( Also. Turn off Active Protection. C&F>Advanced> Active Pro> OFF>).
2. Re- Install.
3. Play.
Before playing, repeat Step 1.

keriou
04-17-2010, 07:00 PM
I can't even check files because the download screen says the download has failed then just shuts down.

Help would be extraordinary Q.Q

DVwizzy
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM
you need to try to download it from another client

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Yup that would prob fix it

keriou
04-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Another client? You mean delete all the files, re-download the software client (410) from a different site than this than redownload that and see how it goes?

Sounds like a plan.

DVwizzy
04-26-2010, 07:41 AM
try to re-download it from this site.. just saw there are no mirrors listed on the est site. and yes. delete them all and try again, you'd be surprised how well that can work, might not though but should

lethobion
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
One more solution for people with older computers or laptops; install directX 9.0. I installed it because I wanted to play sims while waiting for my ticket to yield an answer, cabal works like magic.

Nirvana9832
05-23-2010, 12:09 PM
okay i had this problem. i turned off my firewall. uninstalled microsoft security essensials. so i have literally Nothing.. And i still get this issue?

AkiraShun
05-23-2010, 12:15 PM
That's very weird... Never happened to me before

Nirvana9832
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
i run the game. and the nprotect loads up, and then i see a box. like a program window almost. but its so fast to open and close that i cant tell what it is.

sounami
05-28-2010, 06:55 PM
I've got this problem too and I've done everything listed here, but to no avail, nothing still happens when i click start. Can someone please help us?!

ChrisHighwind
09-01-2010, 05:42 AM
Hi, a classmate from my college referred me to Cabal, and yesterday I decided to actually play it, but nothing happens when I click "Start Cabal". I've re-installed the game twice, the last time with my AV off. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and I've tried everything I could to fix the problem, but nothing happens.

brolkevin
10-14-2010, 01:22 PM
well i downloaded the game from many different places the official website full client doesnt even have the game guard foolder and does updates and everythign but when it says its up to date and i press start game nothing happens and i tried allowing it through firewall and antivirus and also starting my computer without that and reinstalling it ect.... so its a problem you have to fix and not ours obviously ............ any other game has noone of this problems and am going crazy trying to fix this one and old versions say the update is too much and to re install and download a new one

Haerle
10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
As of friday, i was able to log into the game no problem earlier in the day, tried to log into saturday and its not doing anything. It goes to the black screen where its "loading" button is in the top left corner and just freezes, i have power down my pc to unfreeze it. Yes i have tried uninsalling it, manually deleting the folder and reinstalling it. Yes i have tried check files, as well as the virus/firewall thing...any ideas?

iNub
10-24-2010, 12:17 AM
If your PC isn't a total lemon, you can try clicking my sig.

Thenamesjoe
11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
haven't had a chance to test this yes but i was reading some other posts and found one about the game guard folder so i went to look at mine and found that i dont have one. so this could be my problem and for those that are having this problem you should check to see if you have the folder or not. having a friend send his to me so i can test it and i will let you know if it works or not

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab344/Thenamesjoe_2010/Untitled.png?t=1290458361

Shinji
11-22-2010, 12:12 PM
look in ur task manager see if its actually running or is just being block

Thenamesjoe
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
i have come to the conclusion that i need the entire folder i have downloaded this thing 3 times. and still the same result. it just doesnt install all the required files

Meatshieldz
12-23-2010, 06:45 PM
...one month later.
I have the same problem as thenamesjoe, I have no GameGuard folder at all, and I was using the install file I downloaded less than a week ago.
Help?

megamanxtreme
12-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Man, what gets to me is the updates. It jumps from 180 kpbs to 8, and back and forth. Man, timing it correctly, the updates took longer to download that the mere Full Client at 1+ gigs.

I can't seem to get the game to work, so...reinstall?

megamanxtreme
12-24-2010, 08:59 AM
The problem I get from the full client is this...

The download does the same thing on my ChromePlus, where it goes down to 0 and jumps to 180kpbs. Then it looks like it's completely downloaded, shows the image as so, but it's not.
I assume it's Chromium's default download to blame, so I try it in Firefox.
Firefox was downloading great stable 150s - 170s without a drop, but, out of nowhere, the same situation happens and it looks like it's downloaded.

I was active and checking, and it's clear that it wouldn't download that fast in 15 minutes.

So, I used the ChromePlus Download Manager, which was stable and fully downloaded the client.

Back again, I get this same problem where the game won't go beyond the Launch screen.

Now, I've seen something about "erl" but I don't see any .erl. I even searched the computer with my trusty "Search Everything" program to no avail. Could it be because I run Windows Vista Home Premium?

I don't see anything regarding the game in Event Viewer. Any technical-type of solution, or maybe a diagnostic tool?

SilverIceForum
12-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Try right clicking the Cabal Icon>Run as Administrator, just being logged in on an administrator account doesn't work anymore like in the WinXP days. If you are pressing the Start button on the launcher, Gameguard's splash screen should be the first thing to start, if that is not happening, idk whats going on without watching the affected machine in person :/

Meatshieldz
12-24-2010, 09:59 AM
The GameGuard folder/files just flat out don't exist for me (thenamesjoe's screenshot matches my Cabal folder). The installer doesn't include them. Therefore, GameGuard can't run, with then prevents CabalMain.exe from running.

Could anybody please upload their GameGuard folder?

megamanxtreme
12-25-2010, 11:00 PM
True. Either something new happened, or it's because I am using Vista Home Premium.

Any technical procedure. I am pretty tech savvy at this stuff, but I can't just pinpoint out of the blue, too lazy.

I do see a splash screen flash really fast before the Mini-Launcher shows up.

I'll try the ATI drivers again, since I get many errors with amdkmdag, from Event Viewer. I can play many versions of Dekaron, including the original without a problem. Also, I always use Windows Update and Filehippo's Update every day, like 6 times a day, for the past 2 years. I am completely up-to-date on everything.

Ulitmatepain
01-26-2011, 07:21 AM
i tried reinstalling turned all firewall off still doesn't work for me :(

HollowMasked
01-26-2011, 07:55 AM
i tried reinstalling turned all firewall off still doesn't work for me :(

THE ALTERNATE SOLUTION TO THIS IS PUTTING CABALMAIN.EXE TO YOUR DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION LIST!
Go to Computer>Sytem Properties>Advanced System Settings>Go Advance Tab>Click On settings on the performance box>Go to the tab Data Execution prevention>you'll see two bullets click on the 2nd one and click on add and then you'll go to ur cabal folder and put cabalmain.exe in there>START THE GAME AND PLAY ! :D Hope I help you guys its not mines but i found it while countlessly searching for a solution.

jaberwoky
08-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I get that no GG at all just press 'Start Cabal' then it closes and gone...nothing...nada ...zip......... and yeah no GG folder at all I am using Win 7 if that helps ... I would like to start playing again if I could