PDA

View Full Version : Known Anti-Virus applications that has problems with CABAL and GameGuard

[GM] Valentine
04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
These Anti-Virus software below have the possibilities that CABAL Client will not run properly.

- NOD 32
- McAfee
- DrWeb
- BitDefender
- Panda
- Norman

If one of these Anti-Virus program is running on your system, we recommend you to add the folder (C:\Program Files\Cabal Online (US)\) to your Anti-Virus exception list.

naishadh
04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
have but all r off. still same error . when we click on start cabal. screen just diasppear.

Leonhart
04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
have but all r off. still same error . when we click on start cabal. screen just diasppear.

It might have been quarantined, restore cabal files that were quarantined.

And about that list... I use ESET Smart Security 4 (NOD32 antivirus) and have no issues... But I also have Business Edition...

Did you guys mean Norton instead of Normon?

naishadh
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM
dude tried but not coming. before 2 days it was running fine. suddenly another day i cant run game. how?

DVwizzy
04-08-2010, 08:55 AM
game or anti-virus updated.. don't worry it is happening to everyone.. what anti-virus do you have?

xbghost
04-08-2010, 09:02 AM
yesterday mine wasn't working unless i turned my anti virus off!~ today its not my anti virus, something is bugged lol..
i click on cabal icon it loads but when i click load game it does nothing..

Matiel
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
how do u get to the exceptions menu for McAfee plz

cris12821
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Why doesn't ESTsoft fix this problem for us like when we gotta do all this work when ESTsoft can fix it them self, after all it is their game and there problem they should fix its not are game we shouldn't have to fix problems that aren't from us.I run avast on-access scanner but it is password blocked so I cant access anything in it.I think it's ESTsofts problem they should look into, like i give ESTsoft a ton of credit for doing this but they gotta try and fix the little bugs PLEASE I want to get back into playing Cabal.

teflon_superhero
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Even after I added an exception for Cabal, it would not start. I had to remove Avast, then un/re install Cabal and it started working again.

Matiel
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
yea GM's except one idk where the exceptions is,two if its where where i thought it was u cant add the folder there, three CABALMAIN.EXE runs away back to quarentine or"does not exist", 4 ive tried everything else besides the fact of turning McAfee off (which is rlly dumb to do) so looks like im not playin ur game unless u fix it or it miracley starts, good job. *claps*

ihottiewitch
04-09-2010, 04:42 PM
KIS(Kaspershy Internet Sercurity) as well.

YouFarkSpiderLiao
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm using avast, having problems with gameguard closing out all my chrome windows, windows messenger windows, windows live mail

TimmyLUV
04-11-2010, 05:29 AM
how do i allow the whole folder so panda will let it run?

Raven
04-11-2010, 07:45 AM
If you open the your anti-virus program, there should be a help menu or you can check on the web for instructions on how to add files and directories to the exclude list. I saw this thread and another about Avast and I thought I saw one for McAfee but I can't seem to find it.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?651-Avast-Fix-Pictoral-Guide

Found a link to McAfee website with instructions.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB50998

A Win7 option.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?671-Nothing-happens-after-clicking-the-Start-button-alternative-solution

And this thread has known issues listed.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?184-Known-Issues-Bugs-Crash-Issues

YouFarkSpiderLiao
04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
adding to exceptions does nothing, still have problems with chrome and messenger, etc being shut down

Raven
04-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Chrome and messenger getting shutdown is most likely an issue with GameGuard... and I wouldn't be surprised if it depends on OS and such. Have you tried updating them, or just not starting them till after you start Cabal?

YouFarkSpiderLiao
04-12-2010, 10:13 AM
cabal shuts down when i try to open them after

Leonhart
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
This links shows instructions for everything...
http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=16125
Just use your head to apply it towards CABALMAIN.EXE...

And for the person with KIS... It always asks you if what action you want to take before it does anything (Delete/Quarantine/Nothing)...

EnkiriYami
04-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Microsoft Security Essentials interferes with the installer.

Leonhart
04-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Looks like McAfee didn't only screw up Cabal!

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9175928/The_McAfee_update_mess_explained?taxonomyId=64

Xeliam
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Ok so I don't understand this gameguard crap, I have been able to play the game without any problems until ESTSoft took over and changed the security system for the game. I have AVG but I have already added the folder to the exceptions list but it keeps saying that i have some sorta hacking program running...has anyone had the same problem as this? If so please explain how you fixed it.

Xeliam
04-24-2010, 12:44 PM
fixed my problem! My firewall was causing Game Guard to go off, so i switched. My firewall was ZoneAlarm for those who want to know.

naishadh
04-25-2010, 04:57 AM
now my error is gameguard crashing. i cant run game beacuse game guard is not responsing.

naishadh
04-25-2010, 05:02 AM
354 see this screenshot.

brusky
05-30-2010, 11:08 AM
ESTsoft Really Needs to change the games Security or Fix the problem themselfs, cause im having the same Problems.
In The Mean Time somebody help Me TT_TT

brusky
06-01-2010, 04:32 AM
I tried that man and it's still not working. And I really wanna play cabal again.
Stupid gameguard, go away

Jannove
06-02-2010, 02:20 PM
hi, i have Norton Secutiy scan or somethin its crap all i got 2 say, came with my windows 7, so far it I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s balls. hate it. i was trying to downloaded it, got rid of fire fox coz somehting kept makin me crash. got google chrome hasnt crashed yet, but awaitting it too if anything comes up. so i thought the smart way out internet explore (omg the orignal lol to be used 2 download) so why wont it do anything? i downloaded it "1 second till finish download" but its complete so what the heck is going on? do i need to back to AVG or something and ever since i've downloaded this or tried its been I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing with my laptop (NOT VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS COZ THIS LAPTOP COSTING ME $880) -.-"

any simple solutions? or any helpful hints? (please do a step by step or "book made for dumbies" kinda thing for me, i rage easily (short temper if i dont get something or if something irritates me) so please help i'd love 2 begin this game and begin playing ASAP

Jannove
06-03-2010, 02:04 PM
well i've waitted about 24 hours to reply i guess you could say and what not. so i was wondering how this is gonna work out? i really wanna play this game and see the awesome graphics but i guess they havent made it compatible with windows 7? if you have a compatable down load of this game that you know of could you please like message the link (PM please).
thanks.

john01
07-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi.If your antivirus causes you real problems I recommend Kaspersky antivirus.You cand find more about it acceding http://www.trustdownload.com/Antivirus-and-Spyware-Cleaners/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-7.0.html

Sicon112
08-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Actually, I have the most recent version of Nod32, and though I know from experience that previous versions of that program didn't agree with CABAL, I have yet to experience any problems.

~Sicon112

iceblue
09-26-2010, 03:53 AM
see this screenshot 1.jpg
this happen after i login in the game
what should i do?
i have symantec endpoint protection and i put the folder game to the ignore list, but same error appears.

pls advise:)

iNub
09-26-2010, 01:53 PM
see this screenshot 1.jpg
this happen after i login in the game
what should i do?
i have symantec endpoint protection and i put the folder game to the ignore list, but same error appears.

pls advise:)

is your internet really slow? because that's what happens if it is. now about the person who said something about "window closes when I try to run CABAL", this could be your answer:

Set all of your anti-virus junk so it does not run on start up and restart you computer.
Find the file named: "Cabal Main" within your CABAL Online (US) folder.
Right click it and create a short-cut to the desktop. Close the folder.

Right click the short-cut and select "properties" at the bottom.
You'll see the top line says: "Target" ["C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe"]
*You're going to add "husky" to the end so it looks likes this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe" husky
Now click "apply" and start Cabal using the shortcut. It will bypass the highlight screen and go directly to login.

*The exact Cabal will differ depending on your OS and where you extracted it to, but just add "(space)husky" to the end of the directory.
If you are doing something wrong, it will deny your change so don't worry about screwing it up.

Also, if you do not have the latest Cabal update, you need to run Cabal normally (not with short-cut) and while anti-virus is off so you can
download the lastest updates. If you aren't sure if your updates are current, run Cabal with the short-cut and it will let you now via a message
saying: "Make sure you have the latest update" or something to that effect.

Kispersky is most infamous for this issue.

collena
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
i hate how i use to be able to play cabal with no problems and now that it has gameguard it wont work AT ALL http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?10049-i-need-help!!!!!!!!-blue-screen-of-death has all the details. i really love this game but im getting so irritated with the gameguard > <

phonpaseuth
10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
is your internet really slow? because that's what happens if it is. now about the person who said something about "window closes when I try to run CABAL", this could be your answer:

Set all of your anti-virus junk so it does not run on start up and restart you computer.
Find the file named: "Cabal Main" within your CABAL Online (US) folder.
Right click it and create a short-cut to the desktop. Close the folder.

Right click the short-cut and select "properties" at the bottom.
You'll see the top line says: "Target" ["C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe"]
*You're going to add "husky" to the end so it looks likes this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (US)\CabalMain.exe" husky
Now click "apply" and start Cabal using the shortcut. It will bypass the highlight screen and go directly to login.

*The exact Cabal will differ depending on your OS and where you extracted it to, but just add "(space)husky" to the end of the directory.
If you are doing something wrong, it will deny your change so don't worry about screwing it up.

Also, if you do not have the latest Cabal update, you need to run Cabal normally (not with short-cut) and while anti-virus is off so you can
download the lastest updates. If you aren't sure if your updates are current, run Cabal with the short-cut and it will let you now via a message
saying: "Make sure you have the latest update" or something to that effect.

Kispersky is most infamous for this issue.

Try this it's work for me!
Ty iNub

Luly
10-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Ehm u can add to that list AVG too , and you should fix this , cause is really annoying for us players to have those kind of issues , we practically have to stay antivirus free cause Cabal is very special towards them ....

zenbachry
11-11-2010, 10:26 AM
McAfee should not be a problem any more.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/158985#158985

Alphasee
11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Its because Cabal uses a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ty packing program for their patches that is really good at hiding information.

nvious
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
ThreatFire is a really good program i use it and dont have any problems with the game and i can run it at startup and go into the game with no problems and i dont even have to add it to the ignore list either http://download.cnet.com/ThreatFire-AntiVirus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10726873.html?tag=mncol;1

nicholas099
12-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I agree AVG 2011 free edition is colliding with game guard. I only know how to disable it. I tried to put cabal on its exceptional list but it seems like i didn't not do it right. Can anyone guide me on how to set cabal files exceptional to the AVG program ? Pls have pictures if possible. Thanks. Best regard.

nicholas099
12-11-2010, 09:06 PM
fixed my problem! My firewall was causing Game Guard to go off, so i switched. My firewall was ZoneAlarm for those who want to know.

I have the same problem like yours. How do you go about doing that ?

nicholas099
12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
>>>>>FIXING ''AVG ANTI VIRUS COLLIDING WITH THE GAME RUNNING FILES" ERROR<<<<<<

After going through all the pain. I've figured out how to fix the freezing screen error related to AVG anti virus program ( NOTE: this applies only to AVG users )
Open AVG user interface >Tools > Advanced setting > Independent Protection > Allowed list > Click on "add" button
A window will pops out> click on the " ..." button > go to the folder where you installed Cabal ( prob in your "C" driver) > Cabal Online > GameGuard > Make all files visible by choosing "all files" in the bar " files of types".
choose one file that has tail ( .erl) and click open. Repeat the process until ALL those files( .erl) are added to your allowed list.Then finally click Apply or OK to finish.
for extra cautions you can also add cabal client and cabalmain to your list.
NOW Start Cabal again to check .
I'd recommend you to defragment and clean all drivers before you do the process above. This'd help your computer run faster.
Good Luck

Corvettezr1
03-27-2011, 10:36 PM
could anyone help, i click start cabal and it doesnt work, i have microsoft secuirity essentials and malwar antibytes, please help me

Lady
04-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Cabal is blocked by Norton 360, as well. We had to reinstall when I purchased a new pc for my kids at Christmas. It was blocked by Norton. We disabled Norton completely, reinstalled the client and cannot get Cabal to run on that pc. My bf keeps having an issue with GG, so, he uninstalled and reinstalled (w/ Norton disabled). Now, we have 2 pc's that cannot play Cabal!! What can we do to fix this issue?? Any suggestions????

Terrible
06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Im getting a virus alert from AVG also but its the Cabal Online (NA - Global)\launcher\gateway\download.dll thats causing the issues its being flagged as a (Trojan horse Downloader.Agent2.ALZJ)

naruyondaime
07-16-2011, 09:02 AM

why does we have to make exception in anti-virus for the cabal? that is our protection before the maintenance/patch doesn't have any problem. maybe other's right there maybe have a virus or something it was based on what others said. and how can other plays even me something bothering me if i will remove the cabal on the anti virus maybe it will get in my laptop, like what others experienced other option is not play cabal anymore.

SilverIceForum
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
why does we have to make exception in anti-virus for the cabal? that is our protection before the maintenance/patch doesn't have any problem. maybe other's right there maybe have a virus or something it was based on what others said. and how can other plays even me something bothering me if i will remove the cabal on the anti virus maybe it will get in my laptop, like what others experienced other option is not play cabal anymore.

It's not so much Cabal has a virus or trojan within it. In fact it is not Cabal at all, but GameGuard. Though GameGuard technically acts like a real trojan in how it monitors hardware and software even closing out programs and disabling macro mice and such. When Cabal starts, it calls in GameGuard as a child process with same privledges as the main Cabal program, most A/V heuristic AI's flag this as suspicious and thus you get these errors and such.

Personally, seeing as soon as they patch Cabal or GameGuard patches itself, within a week your bots and other "Macro" hackers are back spamming or botting areas, so with that in account, not gonna patrol the game channels, G.Ms need to just take GameGuard, Xtrap, and such and forget it as these monitoring programs are not effective without active G.M work to do the job properly. jmo though...