PDA

View Full Version : So...thinking about starting my FA again..

IBladE
04-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Any suggestions on going martial or battle build it's level 116. I plan to PvP mostly but would like to get to the 140 mark first and foremost.

/discuss

Error
04-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Go battle until you hit 140 for easier grinding. Though I've been a martial FA since forever, the way I grind in MF is good exp and fun but requires more skill and experience as an FA and as a player.

Chris
04-02-2010, 08:38 AM
liar, battles hawter

Leonhart
04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
I only play chars that can use battle easily :D

Love all 3 of them!

Xyle
04-02-2010, 10:28 AM
I only play chars that can use battle easily :D

Love all 3 of them!

FS with Battle = Leon

beowolf101
04-02-2010, 04:41 PM
i say go martial
no pion tin defence if mobs don't even get to you

IBladE
04-03-2010, 05:50 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Xyle
04-03-2010, 06:57 AM
But martial FA's are rubbish in Big dungeons

nckitsos
04-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Martial fa's . All around. Take your 30 base. Ill take my ~150 defense.

Haven't met a martial fa less than 10 levels HIGHER than me that I couldnt destroy.

FLCL
04-04-2010, 12:21 AM

Haven't met a martial fa less than 10 levels HIGHER than me that I couldnt destroy.

but but its so fun playing on the edge o= and what if you ever wanna make a wiz cost effective in the long run xD

Your sig i totally had that dream once o,o

EterNity
04-04-2010, 05:02 AM
but but its so fun playing on the edge o= and what if you ever wanna make a wiz cost effective in the long run xD

Your sig i totally had that dream once o,o

Unless you like to sit on MF/PF whole day long for a little bit EXP, you should go for forcium to do CA...which is ten timer faster and only take 20 minutes.

However, you may need a guild that can finish it with 6 men though.

Forcium FA can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XicAiLtxc2s

MoonSugar
04-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Yea for pvp you can do all martial for the extra magic you'll get. But for pve you'll definately want that battle for the extra defense! I adore my battle XD I can actually live D=

GuardianPat
04-09-2010, 09:16 PM
why not simply +7 or +8 the martial suits if you want def? XD

EterNity
04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
why not simply +7 or +8 the martial suits if you want def? XD

All gears that to be compared are +7.

There is really no point to compare Osmium battle sets with Osmium martial sets since players who go for battle sets are usually using Teragrace set instead.

The maximum INTs:

TG slotted ------ 924 (from STR, DEX req. of 113, 227)
TG non-slotted - 946 (from STR, DEX req. of 106, 212)
OSM martial -- 1060 (from STR, DEX req. of 68,136)
Forcium -------- 801 (from STR, DEX req. of 154, 309)

* ---------------TG slotted ---- TG non-slotted ----- OSM martial ---- Forcium
* M.attack ------- 307.7 ------------315.0 -------------353 ---------- 266.7
* Defense -------- 501.6 ----------- 485.2 ------------ 439.3 -------- 657.9
* Defense Rate --- 717.4 ----------- 702.7 ------------ 778.2 ---------877.6

Note:

TG gear as using TG gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
OSM martial gear as using all 4 pieces of martial gears
Forcium as using Forcium gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
The INT calculation from minimum STR and DAX requirement is base on forcium orb slotted +7

From ET's http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html

I think it's not very hard to see why...

MamaMiaYoe
04-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Martial may hurt but my damage can hurt them more.

http://vimeo.com/10148354

Jo Odagiri
04-12-2010, 11:21 AM

xXPrecisionXx
04-12-2010, 11:59 AM

or watch urself get 4k swinged by WA in NW lol

MamaMiaYoe
04-12-2010, 07:58 PM
or watch urself get 4k swinged by WA in NW lol
4k damge ok sure its ok with me :)
NW! half of the cap WA's in nw have no good skill. Only wizzes and fb's are worth challenging.

Cstriker
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM

Not gonna lie you're really bad at retargetting.

MamaMiaYoe
04-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Still working on it dear. Still working on it. Im close to perfecting my FA. Im practicing dash while combo for my next video. I'll get there dont worry.

nckitsos
04-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Martial FA's . :)

Xyle
04-23-2010, 08:30 AM

look for killbill in venus

nckitsos
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM

Omg.. >.<

Not gonna lie you're really bad at retargetting.

+1

That was painful to watch :\ Never seen a fight last so long. You fade for no reason too lol.

Martial fights make me laugh

nckitsos
04-23-2010, 08:31 AM
look for killbill in venus

Found him. Beat him.

IGN Viscous

nckitsos
04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Lol, I even beat killbill before I had my 40% and all my +7 osm amp ;x

** Bad net connection right now. Triple post, sorry. Fixed though.

Enso
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Martial FA's don't , they just need better gear to take advantage of what they have to offer.
For example my +7 Osmium Martialhelm of Deathblow [30% crit damage] would actually be *more* defense than your +6 Osmium Battle helm of Deathblow [30% crit damage].

Once martial FA's get all +7 Osmium gear they aren't that squishy, and still hit a heck of a lot harder.

nckitsos
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Your +7 30% martial doesn't have more defense than my +7 36% battle ;x

Once battle FA's get +7 osm they are even less squishy :)

Enso
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Yea for pvp you can do all martial for the extra magic you'll get. But for pve you'll definately want that battle for the extra defense! I adore my battle XD I can actually live D=

I do just fine in PvE with some simple vamp gears and a little bit of combo ability.

Enso
04-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Your +7 30% martial doesn't have more defense than my +7 36% battle ;x

Once battle FA's get +7 osm they are even less squishy :)

I would still take the magic. I'm a war FA so I rarely even get hit for long.

Enso
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh and I just watched Miavii's video..... very poor performance....

zodi
04-23-2010, 04:27 PM

with that forcium orb yre playing wit youl really hit hard. sell me if u quit plox? xd wonder how much dmge if u use 30% amp pots and lvl 170 you might be the crit monster of all time.

nckitsos
04-25-2010, 09:48 AM
with that forcium orb yre playing wit youl really hit hard. sell me if u quit plox? xd wonder how much dmge if u use 30% amp pots and lvl 170 you might be the crit monster of all time.

She only hits so hard because the other FA is martial as well. 5xx def.

Cstriker
04-25-2010, 11:34 AM
She only hits so hard because the other FA is martial as well. 5xx def.

Maybe martial + s.tit. I have 634 defense at 148, which is more then enough.

Enso
04-25-2010, 04:47 PM

That's about what I got. ;D

MamaMiaYoe
04-26-2010, 08:27 PM

Crit Monster huh? LOL sounds nice. not bad "Miavii the crit monster" I like it :)
Orb? What orb? O.o
Well 30% amp pots are fun to use especially in nation war like when I go bm2+Aura+manacondense with 30% amp pots. oh yeah I'm loving the 4k dmges on people usually I'd use it on a cluster of caps while theyre busy killing warriors or FS. LOL fun too much. I can do alot of things with 30% amp pots but not all the time tho since its so expensive. I tried using 30% amp in pk mode once when I got pissed with this FS who was such a he was 170 and I can 2 hit him if GD and CS both crit. Shame on him too much =.=

MamaMiaYoe
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM

Still squishy.

beowolf101
04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Still squishy.

since when have they not been squishy ?

LastHour
04-26-2010, 11:27 PM
All gears that to be compared are +7.

There is really no point to compare Osmium battle sets with Osmium martial sets since players who go for battle sets are usually using Teragrace set instead.

The maximum INTs:

TG slotted ------ 924 (from STR, DEX req. of 113, 227)
TG non-slotted - 946 (from STR, DEX req. of 106, 212)
OSM martial -- 1060 (from STR, DEX req. of 68,136)
Forcium -------- 801 (from STR, DEX req. of 154, 309)

* ---------------TG slotted ---- TG non-slotted ----- OSM martial ---- Forcium
* M.attack ------- 307.7 ------------315.0 -------------353 ---------- 266.7
* Defense -------- 501.6 ----------- 485.2 ------------ 439.3 -------- 657.9
* Defense Rate --- 717.4 ----------- 702.7 ------------ 778.2 ---------877.6

Note:

TG gear as using TG gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
OSM martial gear as using all 4 pieces of martial gears
Forcium as using Forcium gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
The INT calculation from minimum STR and DAX requirement is base on forcium orb slotted +7

From ET's http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html

I think it's not very hard to see why...

A bm1 FB on our server 3 shotted a 170 AOD FS, if that didn't save him you think your epic "900" or whatever is going to do any better? :p. Your numbers may be right, even if they are your guide is full of flawed conclusions despite the evidence. 86 vs 200 or w/e you said sounds right and all but there are these magical things called amp and critical damage which multiply numbers for our damage output. Defense has no such multiplier, trying to out gain by adding when the opposite is multiplying is going to be the losing battle. A FA is about destroying your opponent before they reach you or else be destroyed. I haven't met a situation yet in which the extra defense was going to save me, usually these situations your going to die either way.

Despite all the SS's available of other classes dealing 7k+ criticals on things like force shielders you still all sit here criticizing martial as "Squishy" acting like the higher defense is going to make some kind of difference. My question is, what isn't squishy? Whether I get hit for 7k or 7.3k its pretty much all the same at that point with the silly high damage output everyone is capable of now. Everyone on this whole battle FTW thing doesn't realize they're not playing a melee, they need to learn to use their range. The only situation I might say go battle is if your trying to tank pluma for a solo, THEN it has a purpose. Otherwise for every single dungeon and boss its been proven that martial can do it, even ft2. Warriors also do pluma with like 500 defense? Yet people still think defense matters, like lol...

As for grinding its quite easily to do PF with even 250 defense on a FA, a easy non-stunlock combo you could probably auto attack with works fine for anything stunnable.

As for TG and PvP, crit rate/dmg resists are the sincerest forms of tanking in this game, you don't think bringers are that hard to take down because their defense is THAT above average do you? Defense in this game is not the stat itself, its HP, crit rate/dmg resist for all PvP aspects.

Enso
04-27-2010, 04:55 PM
A bm1 FB on our server 3 shotted a 170 AOD FS, if that didn't save him you think your epic "900" or whatever is going to do any better? :p. Your numbers may be right, even if they are your guide is full of flawed conclusions despite the evidence. 86 vs 200 or w/e you said sounds right and all but there are these magical things called amp and critical damage which multiply numbers for our damage output. Defense has no such multiplier, trying to out gain by adding when the opposite is multiplying is going to be the losing battle. A FA is about destroying your opponent before they reach you or else be destroyed. I haven't met a situation yet in which the extra defense was going to save me, usually these situations your going to die either way.

Despite all the SS's available of other classes dealing 7k+ criticals on things like force shielders you still all sit here criticizing martial as "Squishy" acting like the higher defense is going to make some kind of difference. My question is, what isn't squishy? Whether I get hit for 7k or 7.3k its pretty much all the same at that point with the silly high damage output everyone is capable of now. Everyone on this whole battle FTW thing doesn't realize they're not playing a melee, they need to learn to use their range. The only situation I might say go battle is if your trying to tank pluma for a solo, THEN it has a purpose. Otherwise for every single dungeon and boss its been proven that martial can do it, even ft2. Warriors also do pluma with like 500 defense? Yet people still think defense matters, like lol...

As for grinding its quite easily to do PF with even 250 defense on a FA, a easy non-stunlock combo you could probably auto attack with works fine for anything stunnable.

As for TG and PvP, crit rate/dmg resists are the sincerest forms of tanking in this game, you don't think bringers are that hard to take down because their defense is THAT above average do you? Defense in this game is not the stat itself, its HP, crit rate/dmg resist for all PvP aspects.

Amen. Lol.

BackUpMENG
04-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Crit Monster huh? LOL sounds nice. not bad "Miavii the crit monster" I like it :)
Orb? What orb? O.o
Well 30% amp pots are fun to use especially in nation war like when I go bm2+Aura+manacondense with 30% amp pots. oh yeah I'm loving the 4k dmges on people usually I'd use it on a cluster of caps while theyre busy killing warriors or FS. LOL fun too much. I can do alot of things with 30% amp pots but not all the time tho since its so expensive. I tried using 30% amp in pk mode once when I got pissed with this FS who was such a he was 170 and I can 2 hit him if GD and CS both crit. Shame on him too much =.=

YO GIMMIE DEM PICS DAVID WAS TALKING ABOUT 2:40 - 3:00 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ

Kohii
04-28-2010, 01:12 PM
This thread is interesting.. I like the mFA bashings! :] It sure tells me a lot about the FA's we have left in this game.

EDIT-

Oh I heard a little rumor since i've been checking up on the people in this game. Is it true that haniel and miavii are banned and the epic orb is gone? :[

Error
04-28-2010, 04:04 PM
This thread is interesting.. I like the mFA bashings! :] It sure tells me a lot about the FA's we have left in this game.

EDIT-

Oh I heard a little rumor since i've been checking up on the people in this game. Is it true that haniel and miavii are banned and the epic orb is gone? :[

I'm not from Merc but from the banned list GM's gave out for alz glitching, Haniel's name was there. Not sure about Miavii and the orb though.

For me, the only things I find to be the most valuable is HP and Magic Attack. Def helps for sure, but that's why we get +7 gear.

Cstriker
04-28-2010, 07:58 PM

EDIT-

lul, I like this post, discretly saying that people can't play FA anymore and have to use battle gear.

Jo Odagiri
05-02-2010, 05:59 AM

EDIT-

Haniel was banned but Miavi is still playing =/ and she has that double amped +8 forcium orb.