PDA

View Full Version : Warrior PvE (PvM) & PvP Skill Help

CabalDM
07-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Okay so I have a level 55 warrior and I am really confused as to what skills I should give it. Now I know that this topic has been passing around the forums a lot, but u
I've noticed that they only speak about tramcender. What I was hoping was a skill guide for when I'm Master, a skill guide for when I'm A.Master, G.Master, Completer, and finally Trancender. That way I know exactly what to do. All help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(PS: I know this isn't related to the topic, but instead if spamming the forums, I thought I'd just write it here. I was hoping if anyone could tell me a fast way to level from 55 onwards. All help is appreciated. Thanks.)

:)

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah, i've found help on the forums to be too spread out, inconsistant, and confusing..... we need some good nooby build guides and reference sources, everything in plain simple english that anyone can understand(not just people who have been playing for years).

I have a lvl 90 warrior and her stats seem kinda weak in comparison when i look through some of these warrior stats threads...... the problem is they don't post how they arrived at those stats :(

I may be able to answer a few questions on PVM.... but not PVP.
First the fastest way to level is by spamming instance dungeons whenever possible, you're a little too high for the practice version of Lake in Dusk..... but i think you can still squeeze out a few levels in the practice version of ruina station...... the best EXP is at the buffalos... so go there and train as long and as many times as you can..... when you hit 65 and 75 you can do the real versions of lake in dusk and ruina station..... same rule applies, at lake in dusk level at the orcs, at ruina station level at the buffalos.

For general grinding... at your level the gargoyles right outside of port lux give some nice exp..... they're easy to surround yourself with and just aoe until they're all dead..... rinse and repeat.... when you hit level 60 you should try they golems...... make sure you're using all of your buffs though because they will chip away at your HP, you can level at those until level 70.... which is when you can go to fort ruina, a good mob to start out with at fort ruina is the hounds, after the leveling slows down there try moving onto the buffalos..... after that you can grind on mechzards for a while, at level 80 a new map called undead grounds opens up, you can start of with lihorn zombies or just skip them completely and move onto ghouls, at around lvl 85 you should move onto soldiers and giants so the break down kinda looks like this

Gargoylels - port lux - lvl 55 to 60
Golems - port lux - lvl 60 to 70
Hounds and Buffalos - fort ruina - lvl 70 to 75
Mechzards - fort ruina - lvl 75 to 80
Lihorn zombies and Ghouls - undead ground - lvl 80 to 85
Soldiers and Giants - undead ground - lvl 85 to 90

On skills I have found that all of the buffs are usefull and should be leveled to level 20 right away..... sometimes you will need to delete a buff skill when it is replaced with an evolved version of itself.... for example Blade force --> Blade Aura --> Soul Blade, just use the old version of your skill until you have leveled the new version enough to be stronger than the old.
Certain buffs like Iron skin and Aura Barrier perform basically the same function but are stackable... meaning they can be used together, don't make the mistake of deleting Iron Skin when you train Aura Barrier..... pay attention to the skill descriptions, if it says "An evoulated version of whichever skill", the previous skill can be deleted, but not otherwise.

On attacks I like to use whatever current rank AOE i have trained to lvl 9 along with the previous rank AOE trained to lvl 9..... and maybe the rank before that AOE trained to lvl 9 as a backup.... remember... I'm only taking PVM into consideration here, in PVM you wanna kill vast amounts of mobs as quickly as possible, so the AOEs are god here, in PVP you might want a fast direct attack..... all of the attacks are worth giving a try, but in PVM the hard hitting AOEs are gonna be alot more valuable, you may want to train a ranged skill or two for luring mobs that havent noticed you yet into your pull..... try to keep your attacks at lvl 9 because that's when the have the fastest cooldowns..... though some attacks gain far too much power at max level to just leave at lvl 9.... pay attention to the +dmg per level in the skill descriptions and decide this for yourself.

Being a noob myself I dunno how helpful any of my information can be right now... but hopefully you'll gain atleast a small bit of usefullness from it............. we really need some good class guides.... and stickied at the top :/

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-22-2010, 05:46 AM
Gargoylels - port lux - lvl 55 to 60
Golems - port lux - lvl 60 to 65
Hounds - fort ruina - lvl 65 to 70
Buffalos - fort ruina - lvl 70 to 75
Mechzards - fort ruina - lvl 75 to 80
Lihorn zombies and Ghouls - undead ground - lvl 80 to 85
Soldiers and Giants - undead ground - lvl 85 to 90

corrected.... forgot you can go to fort ruina at lvl 65.
basically just find the mobs that pull well and that you can surround yourself with.... when they're not orange named anymore... move onto the next mob

wayne10
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Idk a good pvp combo, but for pve i used Seismic Wave lvl9, Whirlwind lvl 9, and Spiral Doom lvl 20, it worked in such a fashion that SW > WW > SW > SD >SW repeat, now i use SW lvl 9, WW lvl 9, Rising Blade lvl 20, and Cascade Break lvl 20. That one goes like SW > WW > SW > RB > CB > SW, not perfect, a little faster than my old one, but doesnt hit all the mobs around u (if there are some behind you) but it works for me.

I hear that people have their sw and ww at 18 and use a few more noob skills as fillers but i havent tested it so ive been using this one for a while

P.S. although Terra Break is a fun skill to have and use, as u get higher u wont use it at all, so if you do get it please only push it to 9 and save ur self some alz when u get rid of it lol, or jus not get it at all

Also with the weakened dungeons that are around now, you can do the weak version of Runia Station from 55-60 then start to find a party for weakened Epaulet of the Dead dungeon from 60-65, then do the real Lake in dusk from 65-75, Runia Station (RS) from 75-100, if you dont get bored easily you can run Epaulet of Dead (EoD) from 100-110 or you can keep running RS till 110, after that its mainly about the maps such as Lakeside to keep goin after 110

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-22-2010, 01:42 PM
thanks for the advice on skills wayne, I'm just wondering though...... why do people like cascade break and rising blade in PVE? I know they're both fast even at max level, but they dont really hit many mobs? I can see why someone would abandon terra break as it is slow as molassas..... but why cascade and rising? wouldn't spiral doom at lvl 9 make a better filler? as it's just about as fast and you're still covering a large area?