PDA

View Full Version : constructive ideas

paul1948
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
The crafting in this game leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of other MMROPG have items that wear with usage. Further crafting allows items to be enhanced or built that are not normally found from drops. I think that the general economy of Cabal could be improved by 2 general changes.
1) once you reach 100% in any one level - the success rate should be above 90%. Otherwise it is just a crap shoot - and pricing items built against what an item will sell for is impossible to calculate. Some reasonable idea that any 100 attempts will result in XX successful items would sure help encourage crafting.
2) if items wear out with use or can be enhanced above the normal level found, then a crafting skill can me used to repair or enhance items. i.e. buy worn out items from AH, repair, enhance, put back up for sale. again another idea to encourage crafting.
3) last - drop rates of crafting materials. If the basic crafting materials are not available at some reasonable cost or able to gather at some reasonable rate - then again crafting is discouraged rather than encouraged.
Not all of us who enjoy the game want to spend hours and hours killing MOBS and gathering crafting materials just to have most crafting attempts fail. And there should be more to a MMROPG than just killing MOBS.
One of the reasons I firmly believe that there were so many BOTs before was the inability to gather crafting materials at any reasonable rate. Humans have some internal Rate Of Return expectations - BOTS have none. Low ROR = High profit for BOTS. High ROR = Low profit for BOTS. People only do the BOTS because they can earn real $$ / YUAN / etc. because I don't believe that there is any real long-term personal enjoyment in running one.
The conclusion then is that the BOTs are really only there because of the low drop and low success rates of crafting items and this is totally under the control of the game developers.

Raven
04-10-2010, 10:13 AM
I also don't like the idea of losing honor points while crafting either. What does honor have to do with crafting anyway.

Rastan
04-12-2010, 01:19 AM
more than half the bots in this game don't pick up crafting mats so stalk one for a couple of hours and spam spacebar,beats paying 3m for a stack of lvl2 flame discs

DVwizzy
04-12-2010, 05:17 AM
-1 to item degradation.. that aspect really s in other games and always will.. i don't want something i've paid XXmillion alz breaking cuz i forgot about some new "feature/curse"

also makin the success rate to 90% would kill crafters. people already at forcium craft could overrun new crafters thus ruining the market for new people.

and bots don't pick up disks/event items/etc.. so just go farm behind one like rastan said

Suterusu
04-12-2010, 09:41 AM
lossing honor for crafting is gey

Suterusu
04-12-2010, 09:42 AM
loosing*

Sheep
04-12-2010, 05:53 PM
i think there should be a sure-fired way to make profit in this game, besides spamming eod over and over for an approximate 2-3m per run, considering that you dont get an epic drop.

Suterusu
04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
rs/vc/lid

wolfftamer
06-10-2010, 06:09 AM
loosing honor by crafting, if you had read the text when yertie (i believe thats the old hags name) gave you the transmuter, youd have read that the transmuter is actually ILLEGAL. as you get to making higher level things, the likelyhood ppl know you have an illegal item increases, and starts to cost you honor. thats the story behind the honor point loss.

as for craft mats, there are several ways to get them. mobs, of course, the bots mentioned above, or ah to name three. i swear, even at osm/redosm lvl, if my weps would wear out after use id also want a way to friggin steal your weps. cuz ive played those games. fire emblem and advance wars. turn based strategy. not mmos.

just some explanations and my opinion. hope the explanation helps.