PDA

View Full Version : parton patron

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok, not entirely warrior related.... but should a lvl 100 warrior in full +6 osmium with defensive sense+damage absorb upgrades and lvl 20 iron skin+aura barrier buffs be having trouble with this quest??? Is this quest intended to be soloable at my level? I get to the last boss before patron and seem to die everytime from boss and all his followers...... i do ok in BM2, but i seem to run out before being able to finish all of the bosses..... what's the trick? and I know i should be saving this quest to grind in later.... but i just wanna get the story quests over with and done.

Also what idiot thought it would be funny to make us grind out our 100 mission coins for trans rank in EOD???? >.<

NBAFinals2010
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
just so you know they made the rank up easier for you guys. D:
and if you have trouble mob a few of em at a time until only the boss is a live and then kill the boss

Valdoroth
07-26-2010, 02:15 PM
and its has been way nerfed compared to what it used to be. I think you could probably do it, though to be on the safe side you could wait till like 110 at least. It mostly depends on your weapons and vamp gear if using it.

ThisisaForumId
07-26-2010, 04:01 PM
You have to kite him, you can't just tank his hits. I think he hits for a % of your HP.

Fishy
07-26-2010, 06:00 PM
the way to kill patren is an art. a simple art to learn, but an art nonetheless. First of all, multi-strike attacks only hit once on him, so dont waste time. just fire a cannon or some ranged shot and dash around, wait for him to catch up, dash away, strike, repeat.....don't attack when he has his bubble up. now as for when he gets low on HP, he has this massive spike lightning attack to watch out for. you'll know he's about to use it cause he'll be like charging for a few seconds prior to casting. This WILL OHKO you, no matter what if you get hit. It also has a frontal 180 degree radius and the range is everything in front of him in that radius. the only way to dodge is dash through him so you're behind. then you'll escape it harmlessly. and until you kill him, he will use this ocassionally and, as i found out the hard way on my FS, more often as his HP falls. so try to end quickly after that. as far as all the other bosses go, use BM on the crow knights, the guy who has the mob, and the flesh golem looking dude. but do NOT combo on Patren, and it's pointless to BM on him too, so just use all your SP prior to Patren and just duke it out like i described above. only FAs and Wiz should really combo since all their attacks are ranged for the most part.

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
The scary part is i havent even made it to patron yet.... i die at the boss right before him >.<

But wow it's already been nerfed? o.O

tbh i really havent given it a very good try yet.... was just so surprised when every dungeon before this was like 1 hit mobs that couldnt touch me... and then all the sudden this o.O

So patron fights like an old school console boss ehh??? Too bad i dun have my NES control pad handy >.<

NoobyWarriorgirl
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok went in one last time to try again and managed to beat him.

Tried to kite him with ranged attacks and dash as per Fishys advice.... and found out what i already knew that I'm not very good at kiting and was getting destroyed.... so i decided to stand there and take my medicine...... and it worked, as long as i didnt attack when his shields were up the hp loss was managable with pots and my vamp gear.

I just thought it was tricky getting to him, because i was going straight for the bosses and getting torn apart by thier guards.... once i slowed down a little and took out a few mobs first it went much smoother.

Fishy
07-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Ok went in one last time to try again and managed to beat him.

Tried to kite him with ranged attacks and dash as per Fishys advice.... and found out what i already knew that I'm not very good at kiting and was getting destroyed.... so i decided to stand there and take my medicine...... and it worked, as long as i didnt attack when his shields were up the hp loss was managable with pots and my vamp gear.

I just thought it was tricky getting to him, because i was going straight for the bosses and getting torn apart by thier guards.... once i slowed down a little and took out a few mobs first it went much smoother.

good job =) patren patren really isn't all that hard tbh....but people try to rush it like all other dungeons and don't seem to get the fact that the mobs follow you everywhere once they've noticed you xD so unless you wipe em out, the dungeon is very hard. but good job on beating patren. =)