PDA

View Full Version : Skill Point Extract

TWF
07-29-2010, 01:44 AM
The idea of this new item would be to transfer over a characters unused Sword Skill Points into Magic Skill Points and vice-versa. It would be similar in function to the current extract potions: a right-click or selected " - " button in the Skill Menu to transfer over a point.

The purpose behind this idea is to allow characters with a very limited supply of skill points on either side of the spectrum to continue adding levels to their preferred fighting style skills in order to reach the desired set-up. Also, if the additions of new skills were added into the game, some character classes might need the support of this item due to having too many valuable skills and buffs that the player would not want to down-grade or remove.

Ex. Discussion (http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?p=78798#post78798)

Any supporters, suggestions or criticism to the idea?

Syllius
07-29-2010, 02:12 AM
i support =D +1

TWF
07-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Thanks ^^
Anyone else?

[GM] Jamie
07-29-2010, 04:00 AM
+1

But you would have to spend more money to re-train the skills?

TWF
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Jamie;78882']+1

But you would have to spend more money to re-train the skills?

Thank you for your support, and not necessarily.

Let's say in a hypothetical situation that a player has FA with 25/26 Magic Skill Slots occupied. They know that it's best for them to keep that 1 skill slot open just in case a new update brings about a good skill that they might want to use. Now they have 1 slot open but most of their magic skill buffs, attack skills and debuffs are maxed out at 20 and a few, like Regeneration or Vital Bless, are maxed out at lower figures, such as 4 and 9. The player wants enough points left over to be able to decide after testing out the new skill whether it should be kept at level 9 or 20. They look to find that they only have(let's say) 5 available skill points left in their Magic Skill list and realize that it's not enough to get a regular skill to level 9 which requires 8 points or level 20 which requires 58 points. Whereas on the Sword Skill list this character has over 300 points available due to only having bought the standard sword skills such as Dash, Fade Step, Force Kick, etc. and still having enough left over after reaching their desired levels. Now when the new skill(s) is released and the player wishes to buy that skill he/she won't have enough points to get it to a decent level and will most likely have to spend money on removing levels from their previously set skills in order to upgrade the newer skill(s).

That's where this item comes into play! There would be no need to lower any skills that the player already may have just to make compensation for a new skill. It would allow players to transfer any left over skill points in Swords/Magic to its counterpart. Of course the item itself would act as an extract potion does and thus it would only take money purchase the item. Depending on how the creators want to market the item, it maybe possible to find it as a drop, buy it from an NPC(at a reasonable price), and/or craft it. There would be NO direct cost into retraining the skills as there is for de-leveling a skill. I hope that answers your question, Jamie.

Pass the word around and perhaps we can turn this idea into reality and get the community even more excited about the up-coming update this fall.

AeonNathan
07-29-2010, 09:55 AM
+Support ...

Tramier
07-29-2010, 12:43 PM
this has my support 100%

TWF
07-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys.

DeathlikeHowls
07-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Full support.
Every class could benefit from this.
Especially FBs, they don't have nearly enough Magic points to accommodate their Debuffs.
That, and the other 4 Classes that only focus on one type of Skill will have their extra points.

TWF
07-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Yes, The 3 "original" classes could all benefit from this update and even the 3 "Force" classes as well, depending on how you play the hybrids.

DeathlikeHowls
07-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I only have one piece of criticism, and it's only pointing out the obvious.
Given this actually goes into effect in the future, it's going to wreck the economy....again. XD
Depending on it's availability though.
This idea as a whole is great, where it can be obtained is a big factor as well.
My idea would be to have it available in the Item Shop, and have it's drop rate in-game much higher than the other Extracts, since the amount of points transferred is proportionally bigger than your skill alignment. Also, this wouldn't harm the economy as much, having it more available to players.
If you have anything to add, or to remove, let me know. ^^
I like working with your Threads.

TWF
07-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I only have one piece of criticism, and it's only pointing out the obvious.
Given this actually goes into effect in the future, it's going to wreck the economy....again. XD
Depending on it's availability though.
This idea as a whole is great, where it can be obtained is a big factor as well.
My idea would be to have it available in the Item Shop, and have it's drop rate in-game much higher than the other Extracts, since the amount of points transferred is proportionally bigger than your skill alignment. Also, this wouldn't harm the economy as much, having it more available to players.
If you have anything to add, or to remove, let me know. ^^
I like working with your Threads.

I'm afraid the availability factor is not up to US though. If this plan does go into affect, the item(s)'s availability by drop rate or price in Item Shop and/or NPC shops will be completely up to the CABAL Online Staff. I'm not a member, so all I can do is offer my suggestions and try to gather support for these ideas.

I do support the notion that you are proposing, which is that to have a lighter effect on the game's economy the drop rate of the skill extracts should be relatively higher than those of the current extract potions(since those are cheap and easy to find anyway), and, if trade-able, sold cheaply. This would allow more flexibility in the process of each player's character build due to combo and levels of skills having a large affect on a character's performance in the combative aspects of the game.

This would also allow for the creation of new Formula Cards if the item becomes craft-able. Although, I'm not particularly keen on how much a move like that might affect the economy as it stands today. The reason being is because I am not too big on basic crafting, myself. I'm pretty sure that the price of a new Formula Card would be placed high for the first new days of its release and then dwindle down to a respectable amount, just like everything eventually does.

Tramier
07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
the crafting thing might be a bit iffy, some formula cards are a pain to farm, and people who have them want way too much for them, example, eppy of proof for lvl 5 and 6 basic craft runs 100 mill normally, unless you get lucky, and the one for lvl 7 is like 200k...you would think the drop rate for the higher level card would be much less than the lower level ones, but i have 4 formula cards for the lvl 7 craft eppy of proof, and have never gotten a lvl 5 one as a drop, i did however help a friend farm his for lvl 6, but it took us hours to get.

Mishon
07-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Supports.

Enso
07-31-2010, 07:15 PM
I dunno. I actually like having a shortage of skill points. It lends variance in builds and adds a little more thought as to what skills to use. Just my opinion though.

Fishy
07-31-2010, 10:14 PM
I dunno. I actually like having a shortage of skill points. It lends variance in builds and adds a little more thought as to what skills to use. Just my opinion though.

but but but, what about all those pts you put into your favorite debuff ensign? :D what about blind? LOL

TWF
08-01-2010, 05:37 AM
Ok. Now that's what I'm talking about, Tramier. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

@Enso - Hmm, I've never thought of it in that way. The limitation puts a bit of variety into the playing style of the game and forces each player to make a choice on how they wish to fight.. This is true... However, I believe your opinion is slightly more relevant to a discussion more focused on increasing the overall quantity of skill slots for the character to manipulate than it is for this idea of transferring skill points to improve their skills' performance and abilities.

Although I do agree that it somewhat eliminates a small degree of originality for different players among a character class by allowing them all to have an increased likely-hood of possessing the exact same levels on most of the same skills, the power of choice & the main fundamentals of building successful combos and setups have not been changed a bit to undermine variety. Even with extra skill points, it is up to each player to choose where to add them, and we can't simply add all of the skills available to us and max them out because we are all still bound by the limiting number of skill slots & total number of skill points awarded by maximizing both Transcender ranks: Swords and Magic.

I thank you for your opinion though, Enso. It was very much appreciated, and thanks for the support guys.

LackofABetterName
08-01-2010, 06:14 AM
Definitely some great ideas in this thread.

Approved.

XxVoidxX
08-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I support it.

ilu
08-01-2010, 08:24 PM
+9000

TWF
08-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Thank you again guys. Keep it up please.

S|ivka
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
+1

meep49
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
+1,000,000,000,000

TWF
08-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Lol. This gets a plus one trillion? Thanks, but I don't think cabal, or any other MMO, has that many supporters "P

TWF
08-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Bump.

Rastan
08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
there used to be the Magic-Sword point and Sword-Magic point upgrade skills but they got rid of them and it was probably one of the worst mistakes they could have made

annoy
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
+1 xD

TWF
08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
there used to be the Magic-Sword point and Sword-Magic point upgrade skills but they got rid of them and it was probably one of the worst mistakes they could have made

So are you saying that they should reinstate that into the game or no?

Ojay
08-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Cool Idea

TWF
08-11-2010, 03:46 PM
Yes, and we need it more than ever now.. The Update for new transcender skills comes out next month.

Rastan
08-13-2010, 10:32 AM
So are you saying that they should reinstate that into the game or no?

Honeslty idk if they should or not...if they did then everyone would be running around as mfb's rooting,debuffing and ranging on everyone

sneakking
08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
+1

TWF
08-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Honeslty idk if they should or not...if they did then everyone would be running around as mfb's rooting,debuffing and ranging on everyone

Umm, well people can already do that but they choose not to. Most FB I come across just fight as a sword class. It's very rarely that you come across a good mFB and I don't believe the reason comes from a lack of skill points either. But thank you for voicing your opinion, Rastan.

TWF
08-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Bump.