PDA

View Full Version : New dungeon (idea in progress)

Loopy
08-01-2010, 05:41 AM
So im lurking from the EU forum's and since your version of cabal is now run by ESTSoft id thought id post this idea here since we have no idea if our own GM's are even bothering passing on our idea's for new things to be considered to be added.

Original Thread (http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?t=164497)

For those you dont like to visit the EU forums il post the idea in its original format (saves opening a new tab/window)

It would be nice to get a ESTsoft/GM response to this idea and to say if it is even possible to implement such a dungeon(s) since i have asked this question to the 'supposed' GM's on EU cabal and its like talking to a brick wall with them since we never get a response.

Wall of text warning

Ok so we all know that there is one true group dungeon the rest are trio,duo or solo.
For those who dont know which i mean its Forgotton temple b2f.

Ok its not the best looking one nor is it the easiest but thats what we want. So here's an idea.

Rewards,Requirements and entry item.

Dungeon level requirement 150+.
Time limit 3 hours.
Reward 6kk Alz,5AP,2kk Pet exp 2kk honour points and 5kk exp (The reason will become clear for the amount of rewards of such high value).

Dungeon starts in PF (Will find a point for it when i grab the PF map)

Dungeon entry item drops in only in PF and the new map (in the coming update) at a reasonable rate (Also can be obtained as a daily Quest aswell).

There are 12 boss's in total including 4 side quest boss's. (For those who wanted to kill the dragon in IC2 yes there will be a dragon of sorts in here).

The normal quests give either axp,alz or honour points from 500k (alz and axp) to 2kk.Honour rewards are from 1k to 900k. The side quests give a random reward for each one between axp,alz and honour.

As for the dungeon it self.

Research Lab B1F.

This spans over 2 floors just for the first part of the dungeon (if it is applied to cabal at all) before B2f comes along. I mean there are warp rooms like eod b1f and eod b2f Ofc you get the wrong warp your back at the start.

First things first there is no space to dance for sp at all in the dungeon itself (so a wiz is going to be very handy in here).
Also the mobs can de-buff you using the full range of de-buffs that are in game currently and also have several attacks each. Ranging from magic ranged attacks to powerful sword attacks similar to whirlwind and shield splinter etc. There attack also can inflict dot as well. So high lvl vamp or a good FA is needed as well as tankers.

As for the quests some are straight forward like obtain x item or touch x object. But others consist of multiple things like kill x amount of mobs while obtaining x item in a time limit otherwise you have to wait 25 minutes for the re-spawn of the mobs to proceed with the quest and then the dungeon. Some quests are class specific.

I.E. A wizard cant read a quest meant for a FA but can help in completing the task it require's. (I think this alone puts an end to duo'ing dungeons since there are 7 of these quests 1 for each class type and must be done).

Some quests may require craft materials from outside the dungeon to proceed as well.

Also comes the final quest which spawns the final boss but here is the tricky bit (For once i think) the answer you give to the quest DOES NOT determine the final boss (like in IC does with one of the boss's there) but in fact the final boss is spawned totally random. So no more of this answer it this way to gain the easy boss etc you now dont have a choice in this.

Last thing is that there is no room to run past monster's meaning Wiz and FA's are in close combat to them except for some and some boss's aswell.

Monster's

These are completely new none of which have been re-cycled from the game's current monster's. They consist of both organic and bio-engineered hybrid's (Part beast/person and part machine on uber steroids).

They start off some what weak like all monster's do but as you progress into the depths of the research labs you find harder and harder monster's. Lets also not forget the size of the beast's aswell (which makes the balrog from sod look like a buttercup flower) they are huge the deeper you go. This also reflects there power,defense and hp.

One other thing about the mobs apart from there high def,hp,str, the various attacks and debuff's is that they can also go berserk Aka Battle mode. This can be done by any monster at any time and makes the fight even harder. They also have a higher amount of crit rate and crit damage w/o berserk but this is further increased while in berserk.

As for the boss's they are solo (meaning luring more mobs to the boss would be needed for vamp gear to work effectively and having a FA aswell). They range from sword/pole/axe attack only to enchanted attacks which always give dot and at the same time inflict a random de-buff. They can also drain ALL Sp from the entire party ( in the range of 0-25) and have massive AoE attacks aswell as 1V1 attacks.

As for the dragon-type monster this will be no easy task to take down. It can use extremely devastating attacks and even 1hit KO you as well. This boss has 2 forms which you have to kill one after another. The second form is ofc more powerful and is resistant to being de-buffed,stunned,knocked back and knocked down. So only a perfect tactic will kill this boss.

Drops.

Now this would normally be left to the dev's (and if it goes in game it still would be) but here's a rough list of the drops you may find in there this included both mob drops and chest drops.

Eox+7/8.
Slotted mith [1 and 2 slot](char bind upon equip).
Core enhancer highest.
UCHH.
Crafted red osm grade weapons.
Crafted and non crafted lvl 99 armours with and without a chance of amp,Max crit rate,vamp etc in slots.
+5 and higher jewellery.
Ring of luck+2.
Critical ring+2.
Crystal RW3 (upgradable).
RW3.
White board.
SEH.
SEHH.
UCH.
New black board.(cant remember the name).
Also character binded bracelet's (like the merg ring from eod b1f.
Stats for the bracelet would be 6% all skill amp 50 hp 1% max crit rate and upto 3 other random crafts.)
Also lycanus weapons as well can drop here ofc (Char bind upon pick up)
And loads of other things aswell.

Please note there is no and i mean NO FCH or FCHH.
So even if you gain uch and uchh only form the dungeon you are still turning out a nice profit depending on if you finish it and also from the quests inside.

Also Note that this is a true 7 man party dungeon so dont post -1 just because you wouldn't be able to solo,duo,trio it. Its about bringing back the MMO to this MMO(solo)rpg.

Tramier
08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
this sounds like it could be an interesting dungeon

Fishy
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
those drops are way too OP for a dungeon.....im sorry but as beautiful as those look, no.

DeathlikeHowls
08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Agree with Fishy.
Having every good item drop in one place is stupid, and not gonna happen.
Limit that list to:
SEH
UCHH
EoX +7
That's all you'll get, and even then, the drop rate will be terrible.

Tramier
08-04-2010, 10:26 PM
i think the Eox +8 would be better personally, if you watch some of the videos from cabal in korea, they have the +8's everywhere, i have yet to see a perm +8 eppy on cabal NA, and its just been within the last few months that a few +7's have surfaced, and even then the prices there sellin for are ungodly, for another 50 hp and what, 1 or 2 amp from the +6? id pay a couple hundred million MAYBE, but for the very low difference in stats from +6 to +7, its not really worth a 700-800 million jump in price in my opinion. im sure the price will go down as more people get them, but i dont see them being reasonable anytime soon, and i can just imagine what someone would want for a +8 right now >.<

Fishy
08-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Agree with Fishy.
Having every good item drop in one place is stupid, and not gonna happen.
Limit that list to:
SEH
UCHH
EoX +7
That's all you'll get, and even then, the drop rate will be terrible.

eh....i'd say add the EoX+8 in there and regular slotted forcium/redosm items to that list. but no amp drops, and definitely not that OP bracelet they mentioned......6% amp and 50 HP per my ass......and lycanus weps are supposed to drop from Kanaph Lycanus and last I check, he hides in Lakeside, not Pontus Ferrum

Loopy
08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
those drops are way too OP for a dungeon.....im sorry but as beautiful as those look, no.

The rates of these drops would be low and wouldn't drop after each mob/chest is destroyed.This is also something for the high levelled players who were too high to go in to Weak eod after the 10 day duration limit was removed.Also this dungeon gives the high levelled player's something other to do than spam TG,lvl 5 (soon to be lvl 6) CA, or doing dungeons that they have done hundred's of times already.

eh....i'd say add the EoX+8 in there and regular slotted forcium/redosm items to that list. but no amp drops, and definitely not that OP bracelet they mentioned......6% amp and 50 HP per my ass......and lycanus weps are supposed to drop from Kanaph Lycanus and last I check, he hides in Lakeside, not Pontus Ferrum

One thing you don't seem to understand about the Research lab dungeon idea this dungeon is going to be 10 times harder than the original Forgotten temple was before it received the nerf to weaken it because people complained about it. As for the drops who says that the lycan weapons that would drop in this dungeon would be from IC's Lycanus boss? Who's to say that the weapons originated with that one place? There is things called experiments when a research group finds a new area to explore and this is way the research lab was set up. Along with sample's of certain monster's DNA etc etc The drops are no way OP'd compared to the entry price/drop rate and the amount of mob's quests you have to do inside the dungeon let alone trying to kill each boss/side boss/side quest etc so the drop reflect this if and when they drop. Ofc there will be normal drops like mystic/shine/terra/red osm weapons and even sig armour and weapons aswell. This does not mean that there should be any limit on what types of slot/craft that these weapons should have when they drop this also includes mithril (Forcy as it is in the NA version)