PDA

View Full Version : Amp > CD

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Or do I have it backwards? What should I get?

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
7 views no answer come on :I

Wiz
04-09-2010, 12:04 PM
1amp is obviously > 1cd

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Don't troll me son. I don't have any FA stats to go off of so I can't use the DC.

Relish
04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
imo it really depends on your class = S and how much your rate is. if you have alot of rate get cd and if you don't have as much i say go for amp but thats just me = P

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
FA ofc that's why i posted in the FA section.
46% Rate.

Relish
04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Oh shoot i didnt see where you posted i just cliked it = S I think cd. Fa magic attacks are horrid and with crit its just deadly.

phantastic
04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
I say go with 50 amp and with atleast 130 crit dmg but the rules is you have to stay within 1050+ m.attack. You will be a pro sauce...

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I say go with 50 amp and with atleast 130 crit dmg but the rules is you have to stay within 1050+ m.attack. You will be a pro sauce...

So, what orbs would you use, a +7 Forcium M amp orb annd....

Wiz
04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Don't troll me son. I don't have any FA stats to go off of so I can't use the DC.

i gave u an obvious answer that doesnt even require thinking. its just common sense and u think im trolling? i dont care how u look at it 1amp will always be better than 1cd

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Not really.

BleedingSoul
04-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Bump

PSBeardy
04-09-2010, 08:05 PM
For a FA amp is the way to go, with the exception of a DB damage helm. FA are a DPS heavy class amp being a multipler is a natural. You orbs should be a pair of M. amp orbs.

Rapturen
04-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Well if you have a ton of m.atk at least 900+ I beleive, Amp will help a ton.. Crit dmg is good too but imo Amp>Crit dmg for FA..

Like PSBeardy said FA is one DPS heavy class.

GuardianPat
04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Go CDI, easy to get and less time to waste

ForumFiery
04-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Well if you have a ton of m.atk at least 900+ I beleive, Amp will help a ton.. Crit dmg is good too but imo Amp>Crit dmg for FA..

Like PSBeardy said FA is one DPS heavy class.

amp armors, but crit dmg weapons, 20 crit dmg>7% amp. Enough said

Drew
04-10-2010, 02:04 AM
fa and fs, amp all the way
wa and wiz, db all the way
fb and bl, mix blend of both

'nuf said

Hatsuho
04-10-2010, 02:12 AM
fa and fs, amp all the way
wa and wiz, db all the way
fb and bl, mix blend of both

'nuf said

What Drew said ^

xStar
04-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Forcium orb +6/7 with 7% amp is better then 1slot CDI. Only thing better for FA then a amp orb is a 2slot forcium orb.

BleedingSoul
04-10-2010, 08:02 AM
Alright thanks guise.

Cstriker
04-10-2010, 10:30 AM
+7 20% dmg > +7 amp > +7 10% dmg > +6 amp.

Anything under +7 is junk.

Drew
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Anything under +7 is junk.

goes without saying...u always try to +7 your ideal weapon. oops, i also just said it. my bad.

Cstriker
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
goes without saying...u always try to +7 your ideal weapon. oops, i also just said it. my bad.

Some people think +6 Amp > +7 dmg.

GuardianPat
04-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Did you try some tests about it?

Cstriker
04-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Did you try some tests about it?

K go make a FA and use 2 junk +6 amp orbs.

MamaMiaYoe
04-11-2010, 06:53 PM
My Insights about Force Archer (out of experience and observations)
They have good advantage on:
-PK (player kill) With the furthest range combined with knockdown, skill dps, and heal abilities, FA’s are one of the hardest class you can face in pk. A user who play his cards right will vouch for this.
-NW (nation war) Good player skills and gears, Ive seen FA’s in my server who topped one on nationwar. Tier 3 Mercury players know who these are.
-Boss Hunt We saw them solo Derk, Penna, Quadra, Rota and even PLUMA! The power and speed of pewpew in full boar is just amazing.
-Support Yeah yeah, other classes can give you different sorts of good buffs but without our heal those buffs are nothing especially on dungeon runs or CA.
-Gears M.amped set for the FA class like the common osm battle are the cheapest osm gears of all the classes.

Two great disadvantages of FA are HP and DEFENSE. Even if you hit over 700 defense your FA will still be squishy unless you go +7 forcium set and hp rune, get above 3.5 hp and 800+ defense. If you cannot afford those stuffs then just accept this harsh truth about our class but don’t give up we have more pros than cons.

My ideal Equips:

Magic AMP on armors excluding the helm, as it has to be crit damage increase (deathblow).
Crit DMG on orbs. (We should use orbs because it gives more base, magic attack than crystals) Levels below 115 shouldn’t be using m.amp, aqua, pherry, lapis or topaz orbs, believe me, its going to be hard selling them once you decide to move on to a higher class orb like forcium.

Good orbs:
Forcium orb +6 crit dmge increase
Forcium orb +7 crit dmge/magic amp increase
+10 and above PC Pherystine orb of deathblow 36% cdi (should be extended to completely make up for the base loss)
Forcium orb of amp +7 4% magic amp and 10% crit dmge increase on slot.
Forcium orb of deathblow +6/7 8% rate and 10% crit damage on slot.

Perfect rare orbs:
Perfect craft +7 and above Lapis/Topaz orb of deathblow 16% crit damage increase with slot/s.
Forcium orb of deathblow 16% crit damage increase and 7% amp on slot
Forcium orb of amp 14% magic amp increase

Bad orbs: (note that these orbs are not that bad and will ruin your ideal damage, but these are orbs I advice you not to waste money on.)
Forcium orb 7% magic amp (they cost roughly 1 b while a +7 10% crit damage increase Forcium orb are worth 1b and more powerful. I’ve had FA friends who sold their +6 Forcium amp orbs and ended up selling them cheap than the original price. These orbs are money eaters and not worth it.)

Deathblow 30% or below crit dmge topaz, lapis, phery, aqua (these are for force bladers. Not good to buy for FA’s)

Amp 4% or below magic amp topaz, lapis, phery, aqua.

The ideal FA these days should be equipped with

-A 36% crit dmge increase DB helm.
-A PC Amp suit +100 hp and 7% amp
-7% amp gloves
-+ 50 or +100 HP and 7% amp boots
-EOS +7/8
-Bracelet Of Sage +3 slotted or +6/7
-Vampiric Earings +4 above (they add hp and help a lot with vamp gears during pve or boss solos)
-rol +1 and crit rings +2 (I use 3 cr +2 on mine and 1 rol +1)
-K- black Board ( +75 hp and crit rate 2%) / X-red board (+10 magic attack)
-Amulet of Battler +8 (good for pvp) or Amulet of Pain +6 above

MamaMiaYoe
04-11-2010, 07:38 PM
AMP orb vs CRIT orb.

Given Skills:
Critical Shot (Magic Skill amp 45%)
+7 Forcium orb 7% Magic amp (m.attack 190) base/non crit = 60 crit = 65 higher than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase

Gravity Distortion (Magic Skill amp 80%)
+7 Forcium orb 7% magic amp (m.attack 190) base/non crit = 60 higher damage than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase but crit = 73 lower damage than +7 Forcium orb 10% critical damage increase

Amp is very expensive though 1 orb is equivalent to the price of 2x 10% critical damage forcium orb +7's.

I agree with Csstriker, a forcium orb with an upgrade below +7 is junk. so if you'd go +6 get 2x 10% crit damage instead of the 1b amp ones btw its hard to sell the m.amp ones too since most wiz prefer phery orbs than forcium, atleast selling crit dmge forcy orb wont be hard since there are fb's who'll take interest.

Drew
04-11-2010, 08:57 PM
given the same +, there's a reason why m.amp is costlier than cdi.

if you continue on the spot-on comparison given by a prior poster:

+7 20% dmg > +7 amp > +7 10% dmg > +6 amp >+6 10% dmg

so i don't see why a forci +6 cdi is a good orb for you while a forci+6 m.amp is bad.
Unless, you are comparing apples and oranges, a +7 cdi and a +6 m.amp. Even your
prices are way-off, a +6 amp is not anywhere near 1b. And a cdi worth 1b is definitetly
a +7.

and remember, not everyone can afford those rare and even 'good' crafted forci orbs, and aop+6(?) you listed. Are you an ammy crafter by any chance? Those are ideal, yeah, but very costly. And for someone who will scrimp on costs of a m.amp vis-a-vis a cdi, you certainly suggest some very affordable and common stuff, do you?

Thing is: "ceteris paribus", and rare stuff shoved aside, having an m.amp orbs will optimize your skills ---- crit shot, ss, lances, shadow much better than cdi. Who the hell uses gd in pvp anyways? You didn't bother showing the rest of the vital skills? Bottomline, your end-game skills will take advantage of amp more than cdi which is based loosely on rate too.

All the rest of your pointers are fine; I agree but for those I mentioned above.

Cstriker
04-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Well obviously +6 amp is better then +6 10% dmg, I thought it was a given. +7 Forc Orb Dmg goes from 800m-1b, although I've rarely seen it sell for 1b. +6 Forc Amp goes for around 500-800m, while +6 Forc Dmg goes for 200m. For the extra 300m (i'm being nice here) there is a minimal gain between the +6 amp and the +6 dmg. The only difference is in BM2, but besides that it would be better cost wise just to stick with +6 dmg orbs.

Also, your end game skills rely more on your base magic rather than amp, but having the amp helps too.

BackUpMENG
04-12-2010, 10:52 AM
40/7 topaz nuff said.

MamaMiaYoe
04-12-2010, 11:00 AM
given the same +, there's a reason why m.amp is costlier than cdi.

if you continue on the spot-on comparison given by a prior poster:

so i don't see why a forci +6 cdi is a good orb for you while a forci+6 m.amp is bad.
Unless, you are comparing apples and oranges, a +7 cdi and a +6 m.amp. Even your
prices are way-off, a +6 amp is not anywhere near 1b. And a cdi worth 1b is definitetly
a +7.

and remember, not everyone can afford those rare and even 'good' crafted forci orbs, and aop+6(?) you listed. Are you an ammy crafter by any chance? Those are ideal, yeah, but very costly. And for someone who will scrimp on costs of a m.amp vis-a-vis a cdi, you certainly suggest some very affordable and common stuff, do you?

Thing is: "ceteris paribus", and rare stuff shoved aside, having an m.amp orbs will optimize your skills ---- crit shot, ss, lances, shadow much better than cdi. Who the hell uses gd in pvp anyways? You didn't bother showing the rest of the vital skills? Bottomline, your end-game skills will take advantage of amp more than cdi which is based loosely on rate too.

All the rest of your pointers are fine; I agree but for those I mentioned above.

I'd rather get +7 10 % cdi forcy than +6 m.amp, thats what Im trying to point on my statement. If you are lucky to obtain/loot/craft a m.amp orb and +6 it, then fine keep it but buying one and wasting 800m-1b alz? bad idea.

As FA you should aim on 1020+ magic attack while using your amp and crit armors (how? higher base orbs - forcium, eos +7, amp & m.attack bracelets), once you accomplish that, then thats when you'll start enjoying the damage.

I use GD in pvp btw. classes like force bladers ,bladers and warriors cant be done with dps combo if you happen to face well geared ones. You have to make them run sometimes.

PSBeardy
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
I agree to a point with above, amp on same level as CD though is always greater, for a FA. This does exclude the Helm as she pointed out. I do not understand why you would use GD in a pvp though when you can set up a devastating DPS combo where all your skills are 1.3 sec to cast ea......GD is great on stuns but irrelevant unless some one breaks a combo.

Enso
04-18-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree to a point with above, amp on same level as CD though is always greater, for a FA. This does exclude the Helm as she pointed out. I do not understand why you would use GD in a pvp though when you can set up a devastating DPS combo where all your skills are 1.3 sec to cast ea......GD is great on stuns but irrelevant unless some one breaks a combo.

It moves you back, great against melee classes because it basically gives you a free hit.

Cstriker
04-18-2010, 07:57 PM
It moves you back, great against melee classes because it basically gives you a free hit.

It doesn't give you a free hit unless you know their combo and you know when they're going to use a close ranged skills, and even then its not even a second.

Enso
04-18-2010, 09:05 PM
It doesn't give you a free hit unless you know their combo and you know when they're going to use a close ranged skills, and even then its not even a second.

Once they use their distance closing skill they have to use a close ranged skill to get to you, walking is slow in this game, it'll take them at least one of your lances.

hades990
04-18-2010, 09:36 PM
i go with dual weapons .. amp with crit so i have a mixture of both for me i use a DPs combo that helps out better then any other combo ihave tryed so far and i got a pretty strong FA on ch 14 Venus

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Once they use their distance closing skill they have to use a close ranged skill to get to you, walking is slow in this game, it'll take them at least one of your lances.

dont teach him Enso! let him go with his dps. if server transfer is up. I'll show him pain myself.

WIpwns
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
FAs qq alot

OutOfYourLeague
04-19-2010, 02:40 PM
amp=CD

WIpwns
04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
min dmg>all

BleedingSoul
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
No lol.

Enso
04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
dont teach him Enso! let him go with his dps. if server transfer is up. I'll show him pain myself.

Lol, okay. ^^

WIpwns
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
enough QQing u fas

Cstriker
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Yes teach me the power of GD in a FA pvp!

Chris
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
oookaayyy whos the retard that said amp = cd, i dont think these guys get it... *sigh*
amp is always better for FA (unless its 20dmg forcy). Even if the dmg is only a little bit higher, it still makes a boost for your bm2, which is very important, u use it EVERYWERE, bosses, dungeons, war, even pk fights+war channel, it love it, pew pew ftw
amp will always > crit dmg (unless 20dmg forcy) but the quesiton IS, is it worth the cost? paying 200m for 10% crit dmg forcy, or paying 800m for 7% m.amp forcy...idk u choose, i have an amp weapon and im actually tryna sell it so i can buy myself a second 10% crit dmg forcy, solely so i can have like 400m to spend on things like bos6s = better gain.
dont forget when you go AOS the more amp the better because your dmg on a non crit is basically more than doubled right off the bat, so the stronger the non-crit, the stronger the crit in AOS.

dont forget ppl this is an FA forum here, dont come in here talkin about other classes about your amp and cd comparisons and shiz, we're talkin about the pew pew FAs here x3

O.o
04-20-2010, 07:21 AM
the fa's i know focus more on amp + m.atk.

Username
04-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Yes teach me the power of GD in a FA pvp!

Haha.... Teach me the power of Green Despair..... Nice

Enso
04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
oookaayyy whos the retard that said amp = cd, i dont think these guys get it... *sigh*
amp is always better for FA (unless its 20dmg forcy). Even if the dmg is only a little bit higher, it still makes a boost for your bm2, which is very important, u use it EVERYWERE, bosses, dungeons, war, even pk fights+war channel, it love it, pew pew ftw
amp will always > crit dmg (unless 20dmg forcy) but the quesiton IS, is it worth the cost? paying 200m for 10% crit dmg forcy, or paying 800m for 7% m.amp forcy...idk u choose, i have an amp weapon and im actually tryna sell it so i can buy myself a second 10% crit dmg forcy, solely so i can have like 400m to spend on things like bos6s = better gain.
dont forget when you go AOS the more amp the better because your dmg on a non crit is basically more than doubled right off the bat, so the stronger the non-crit, the stronger the crit in AOS.

dont forget ppl this is an FA forum here, dont come in here talkin about other classes about your amp and cd comparisons and shiz, we're talkin about the pew pew FAs here x3

tl;dr
My m.amp phery orb is better than my +6 cdi forcy orb? Lol what are you tripping?

BleedingSoul
04-20-2010, 12:32 PM

tl;dr can you condense it a little

edit: didnt even see enso post it already i guess i'll go read it...

Enso
04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
tl;dr can you condense it a little

edit: didnt even see enso post it already i guess i'll go read it...

I just read the first couple lines, lol.

Cstriker
04-20-2010, 05:44 PM
Haha.... Teach me the power of Green Despair..... Nice

GD = Gravity Distort, bit slow there eh?

Enso
04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
GD = Gravity Distort, bit slow there eh?

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
._.

Cstriker
04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Either he didn't or he's a retard and made a joke that was so bad it didn't even sound like one.

Enso
04-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Either he didn't or he's a retard and made a joke that was so bad it didn't even sound like one.

Nice cover for not getting a pretty obvious joke. =]

Cstriker
04-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Nice cover for not getting a pretty obvious joke. =]

A pretty retarded joke, which is why I assumed it wasn't one and he was a retard.

Enso
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM
A pretty retarded joke, which is why I assumed it wasn't one and he was a retard.

Meh, stupid jokes are still jokes and should be taken as such.

ForumFiery
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
is it just me or does all ronin people likes to bash at people?

Enso
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM

I wouldn't know... I'm from Merc. =]

Cstriker
04-23-2010, 07:58 PM

I only bash retards and fobs.

Lust13
05-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Woooh u guys are way off on ur prices for a plus 6 forcy orbs i saw one selling for only 190mil not 500mil

Enso
05-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Prices change.