PDA

View Full Version : Getting logged out alot

shetaz
04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
I keep getting logged out so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the full client. I can install full cleint, it is in progress now but I can't uninstall the old version. Why?

Raven
04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I believe when you do the update patch of the OGP version to the EST version, the old uninstaller won't work any more. I think you have to manually delete the old directory and it might be advisable to clean up the registry too. (you should probably do that before installing the new client) If I remember correctly, there was a thread or two that had more information about this. I will see if I can find it/them and add the link(s) to this post.

Edit: I can't seem to find those threads about uninstalling the patched version. I do recall they said they had to manually delete the directories and used a registry tool like CCleaner, I think they called it, that can do searches to find the Cabal, xTrap, and GameGuard entries so they could remove all of them before reinstalling.

If the d/c's keep occurring, check the following thread for more information and maybe send in a help desk ticket.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?184-Known-Issues-Bugs-Crash-Issues