PDA

View Full Version : Noob FS Questions :D

Lanthe
08-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Alright, so this is my first time playing as a Force Shielder and I have a few questions, hopefully someone is willing to humor me.

Anyway, ONWARD!!

What are the pros / cons of a mFS Vs. a sFS? And are there any guides out there I could use as a basis for building a mFS? I don't want to make one and be an epic fail D: The harder the class is, the better.

Also, Crystals and Orbs. What do most of you use? I'm assuming the mFS use orbs.

DeathlikeHowls
08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
From what I know, mFS are much faster than sFS, obv.
The pros of an mFS are:
Better in PvP, being able to tank + have good DPS, cheaper gear.
Cons:
It's not easy to make a good mFS, most people fail at it.
From what I've heard, it's monotonous, and easy to ruin a Build.
Pros of sFS:
They're cooler, the damage is pretty insane, red capes rock. You can't really ruin a Build. Flashier skills, heavier damage, lower DPS.
Cons:
Uh...are there any?
They both do good in War, but like I said, it's harder to make a really successful mFS.

ForumHavoc
08-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Well Forcium Katana and Forcium Crystal have near identical stats. Crystal to Orb is only a 3 magic difference.

EduShielder
08-10-2010, 08:47 AM
The pros of an mFS are:
Cons:
Pros of sFS:
They're cooler, the damage is pretty insane, red capes rock. You can't really ruin a Build. Flashier skills, heavier damage, lower DPS.
Cons:
Uh...are there any?
They both do good in War, but like I said, it's harder to make a really successful mFS.

For sfs, I think the con is that you have fewer skills that gives great damage to someone running away from you. Also, you have to meelee attack a lot since you have to attack enemies in close range most of the time.

That's just what I think o.o

DeathlikeHowls
08-10-2010, 10:53 AM
For sfs, I think the con is that you have fewer skills that gives great damage to someone running away from you. Also, you have to meelee attack a lot since you have to attack enemies in close range most of the the time.
That's just what I think o.o
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying either is inferior to other, but for a first timer FS, he should go sFS.
Worst case, he can get a few lances to implement into his combos for runners. ^^
Also, that's why FS have AoD + SS. =D

Matrimoney
08-10-2010, 10:55 AM
The pros of an mFS are:
Cons:
Pros of sFS:
Cons:
Uh...are there any?

Not easy to make a good MFS? Forcium amp for MFS costs the same as OSM s amp for FS, get real....

DeathlikeHowls
08-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Not easy to make a good MFS? Forcium amp for MFS costs the same as OSM s amp for FS, get real....
Gear is not equivalent to skill.
Get real.

Enso
08-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Well one con for sFS would be soloing. Yes, they can tank. But their DPS in PvE is lacking, which makes soling slow and less beneficial. Plus one of their best PvE skills can only be used in a party.

SuperShielderV
08-11-2010, 04:44 PM
i beat all mfs ,so sfs

yomo
08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
god theres like 20 other "which is better, mfs or sfs" threads, go read them >.>

Sephiroth
08-14-2010, 08:22 AM
Thats funny, I got semi decent gear and i do amazing in MF at 125 SOLO.
War, i was one of top players there, pvp? I have to pvp ppl 140+ to be fair, cause anything else dies after FK> Charge & SS ...

So in MY experience, FS are epic soloing, I can even Frap it if you wish, Im still 127 >.<