PDA

View Full Version : Updater won't work

Tricky0910
08-10-2010, 05:00 PM
I open the launcher for Cabal and it takes awhile for the updater to load. It says "not responding" for a bit and then finally goes. And then it pops up saying this. *see website* So i reload the launcher like it says and it does the same thing.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wnaeza&s=4

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling also, that didn't work. Don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

retroparkour
08-12-2010, 04:07 PM
i have this sameeee problem and i dont know what to do either hahaha

Rowe
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
redownload and reinstall. see if that fix.

retroparkour
08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
have done 5 times. already lol

Rowe
08-13-2010, 09:53 AM
have you clicked check files?

Rowe
08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
where are you from? are you NA?

what OS you using?

retroparkour
08-13-2010, 09:55 AM
have you clicked check files?

well the only thing you can click is the minimize and maximize button and also the register button other than that nothing else is clickable

retroparkour
08-13-2010, 09:56 AM
im using a vista but it was working just about amonth and a half ago. and whats NA?

Rowe
08-13-2010, 10:18 AM
NA north america. but if you say it worked a month ago then hmmm.

do you run the updater in admin mode?

retroparkour
08-13-2010, 10:24 AM
NA north america. but if you say it worked a month ago then hmmm.

do you run the updater in admin mode?

yes i doooo i run admin since i am the admin haha and yes im from na

Rowe
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
turn off your AV and try the updater. sometimes your AV doesnt allow the updater to work correctly because its a snake program.

also check your AV vault to see if it hasnt removed a .dll file used for the updater.

retroparkour
08-13-2010, 10:56 AM
turn off your AV and try the updater. sometimes your AV doesnt allow the updater to work correctly because its a snake program.

also check your AV vault to see if it hasnt removed a .dll file used for the updater.

ahhh antivirus? they are all off and i tried =/ but how do you check av vault? for thjat .dll file?

Shadowkin8
08-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Sorry for the late post(don't mean to be bumping old threads) but it seems like you haven't found a fix yet. I had the same problem but got it fixed.
You need to run the game as an administrator. You may be the administrator of your computer, but some of your programs don't see it that way. Right click on the cabal icon and select run as administrator.
~hope this helped~

retroparkour
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry for the late post(don't mean to be bumping old threads) but it seems like you haven't found a fix yet. I had the same problem but got it fixed.
You need to run the game as an administrator. You may be the administrator of your computer, but some of your programs don't see it that way. Right click on the cabal icon and select run as administrator.
~hope this helped~

yeah ive tried running it as administrator and it just doesnt pull through its been like 3 months since ive had this problem and it wont go away

Shadowkin8
08-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Hm...You must be missing some files that are allowing you to update correctly. I'll post the full cabal folder and you'll have to manually go through and see if any of the files are missinghttp://i33.tinypic.com/2a5i52q.png

retroparkour
08-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Hm...You must be missing some files that are allowing you to update correctly. I'll post the full cabal folder and you'll have to manually go through and see if any of the files are missinghttp://i33.tinypic.com/2a5i52q.png

well i found out what i dont have; i dont have the screen shot folder the gamegaurd folder but i have the gamegaurd.des thing and im missing cabalmain.RPT and the jukebox files.

Shadowkin8
08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
No gameguard folder? Thats odd. And you said you've already reinstalled and tried the "check files" button on the updater?

retroparkour
08-16-2010, 09:03 PM
No gameguard folder? Thats odd. And you said you've already reinstalled and tried the "check files" button on the updater?

yeah ive done everything but the thing is when the update thing pops up you arent able to clikc check files nothing is clickable besides the register button

Shadowkin8
08-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Okay. I don't know if its against the rules to post files on the forums but i'll do it anyways cause it seems like your in a bind.
Scan the files if you'd like, i just copied them from my cabal folder. Also change the cabal file to cabalmain.rpt and change the gameguard folder to GameGuard to prevent any other mishaps.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZP69EQFV
~Hope this helps. If not i'll stay up till almost 3am another night and try to figure it out xD~
Oh yeah...if i get banned for posting that file i will find you in game(when you do get ingame) and pk you :p

retroparkour
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
u can delete the post if u want

Sicon112
08-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Shadowkin, you have been thinking the right way; I'm pretty sure that the errors are on their computers, but you are just looking in the wrong place. I bet that the uninstaller left some corrupted odds and ends in their registry files, and that is what has been messing up the updater.

The fix is pretty simple. Just uninstall CABAL, delete all the files left over (Screenshots is optional. If you have something in there you want to keep, just put it in My Documents or toss it on your desktop. It won't hurt anything.) and then download this (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner). No real reason for the specificness, it was just the first program that came up when I Googled. Also, it is the one that I personally tested for viruses. (My AV is top of the line, so no worries on that front.) All you need to do then is install the program, open it, go to the registry tab, check all boxes, and hit the "Scan for Issues" button. Once it is done scanning, instruct the program to fix all issues, reinstall CABAL, and start the updater. If I'm right, it will run again. If I am wrong, then your computer will boot faster. ;)

~Sicon112