PDA

View Full Version : UI Skins

Kofo
08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Are UI skins allowed? I search and a few sites came up. Just wondering if you can be banned for it? Also if not, does anyone know of a good Cabal UI skin site? Thanks in advance.

Syllius
08-12-2010, 02:52 AM
well from what i understand UI skins are allowed, long as it doesnt mess with any of the major textures, back when i played ogp cabal i had a UI really liked, but idk if it would work on Est version =/

Valdoroth
08-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Yes they are allowed since they don't interfere with the game values thus not rending you an advantage. As for your older skin working, it most likely will not work for most of the parts as the files are a different setup of mapping so it would look really messed up. If you have a program like infranview you can view the files under Cabal Online/Data/UI/themes
There are 7 different files which are used to display the user interface labeled ui_textureX, with x being a value from 0-6. If you ever want to try your hand at making one, make a backup copy. I usually save the original file with a (original) after the file name for identification.

Kofo
08-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the replies, Anyone know a safe ui skin website? So many viruses floating around.

Valdoroth
08-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Nope. I always made my own. You can check out EU forums for some perhaps. They have a dude that used to make some and was good at it.