PDA

View Full Version : Cabal still wont start

Kromu
04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
my cabal still doesnt start once i hit the start button it goes away and does nothing any suggestions ive done everything

YumCookies
04-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Step 1: Go to McAfee control panel
Step 2: Look on the left hand side, go to "Restore"
Step 3: Restore "CABALMAIN.EXE" [next to it you'll see like artimis something]
Step 4: Disable McAfee [Configure -> System and file]
Step 5: Run Cabal
Step 6: Enable McAfee after getting to login screen
Step 7: Redo steps 1-6 every time you start Cabal

If you have mcafee

Heidenreich
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Avast! Anti-Virus could be the problem.
Cabal does in fact contain a harmless virus and as you know Avast blocks ALL virus's if their detected.

I've had the same problem and the only thing you have to do is open Avast > Maintenance > Virus Chest
Look for CabalMain.exe > Right Click > Restore

That should work that's what I did and Cabal is working just fine now but keep in mind that you may have to do the same process for future use.

Revenant_Ash
04-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Do you have Avast! Antivirus? If you do, Avast! thinks Cabal.exe is a virus, and moves it to the chest. What you need to do is:

Open Avast!'s User Interface.
Click on the "Real-Time Shields" category, located on the left side of the window.
Under the "File System Shield" sub-category, click on "Expert Settings".
A new window will open up. In this new window, click "Exclusions", located on the left side of the window.
Click "Add", then on the bottom of the list, you'll see an open area for a new exclusion. Click "Browse" on the new exclusion.
Locate the folder for Cabal. (IF you used the Patch for the OGPlanet Client, the Default Path is C:\Program Files\OGPlanet\CABAL Online)
Make sure that the box located on the left of the folder for Cabal is checked, and click "Ok".
Once you do this, go to your Virus Chest, find Cabal.exe. Right click it, and restore it. I'm not sure if deleting it from the Chest will get rid of the original as well, so I would keep it in the Chest.

Now you should be able to use Cabal again with no problems.

Heidenreich
04-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Thank you for saying practically the exact same thing I said, You really don't need to do all of that, just restoring it from the chest is all you really have to do because it's been a week since that's happened to me and Avast hasn't blocked it again. So this is all you have to do:

I've had the same problem and the only thing you have to do is open Avast > Maintenance > Virus Chest
Look for CabalMain.exe > Right Click > Restore

Revenant_Ash
04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
It's a 9 minute difference, it took me 15 to write it. Cry some more. I tend to give exact and detailed explanations regarding computer issues, it's my JOB.

And for me, Avast kept blocking it whenever I restored it and tried to open Cabal again. So making it an exception is an extra layer of protection, and it's certain that the problem will not resurface after doing that.

GaikozWraith
04-11-2010, 05:00 AM
mine is unable to restore now yum....

edit: i can restore now(i reinstall cabal)..but now the problem is cabal crashes, like 1min after i click start

edit:unable to restore again >.<

nunja
04-11-2010, 05:30 AM
Do as RA said. Avast will block it again and again until you exclude it.
My experiences are exactly the same.

Except on a 64-bit system the path is "C:\program Files(x86)"

DVwizzy
04-11-2010, 05:45 AM
here is a pictoral guide to help if you have avast.. its in the q/a section :D
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?651-Avast-Fix-Pictoral-Guide