PDA

View Full Version : Leveling in PF

Bowkill
04-11-2010, 04:17 AM
So, atm I'm 146. Leveling solo in PF is difficult when I want to level off mobs that are worth my time (4-6 Trickor or 1-2 cornus+brachiums). My gear isn't that great honestly, so I'm terribly squishy. While I can make either of these options work, I'm on the fence as to whether I should combo or stunlock (don't want to combo-stunlock as there is too little of a margin for error.)

I've got probably the best dps combo possible for leveling (aside from infernal impact being 9 instead of 20) however the combo guarantees mobs will hit me at least once every time around. Because of this I can't take more than 2 cornus' + 1 brachium or 5 trickor (3 being type R) at a time. Any more than these amounts and, assuming every mob hits me at the beginning of a new combo cycle, I will die.

Then there's the stunlock option. Using this method I can potentially level on much bigger packs of mobs at once due to only a few hitting me at a time (in practice it's good to assume you will always miss at least one or two.) Problems with this method are the facts that sometimes I miss more than a few and die anyway (particularly at cornus) and it's much slower and, imo less fun, than comboing.

So what do you other fb's think. Would like to hear how other people playing this class prefer to level in the 140+ range. Thanks for your time :)

TL;DR Should I combo or stunlock (not both) while leveling in pf and against what mobs/where should I use the aforementioned method?

Edit: Grammar.

Berserk_Fury
04-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Stunlock combo is the only way to go if you're squishy.

Teisho Raizen
04-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Leveling in PF can always be a pain in the ass no matter what class you are. PF is the kind of place where you would prefer the mobs not being able to do anything to you. So do what Berserk said and use a stun lock combo. It's your best bet on surviving.

Leonhart
04-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Find someone to grind with. Then throw in stuns when needed.

Bowkill
04-12-2010, 04:07 AM
Well I found a pretty good video detailing a nice stunlock combo, however timing it right is tricky. It's practically as dangerous as just using a dps-based combo as one too-early or too-late stigma and all the mobs hit me..... So hmm =\. Are you all still of the opinion that stunlock combo is the way to go? Simply dps-comboing a lower number of mobs or using a non-combo stunlock seem much safer.

and Leon, this post was was made with solo'ing in mind. Obviously it becomes a non-issue with someone around to help disable mobs lol.

Berserk_Fury
04-12-2010, 04:44 AM
If you think that a stunlock combo is "tricky" you should just stop playing.

Bowkill
04-12-2010, 06:41 AM
It's not the skills themselves, it's the timing. .1 second means a stun doesn't go off and everything gets one attack in. This quickly leads to death on packs of mobs worth leveling on.

Suterusu
04-13-2010, 12:39 PM
If you think that a stunlock combo is "tricky" you should just stop playing.

Lol +1 stop playing

Sheep
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
combo and spam lvl 9 stigma and assassinate as much as you can. Add in some fast skills for more vamp.

Rockstar
04-13-2010, 01:03 PM
If you can't tank it or do stunlock combo.. play with a wizard.

Suterusu
04-14-2010, 12:15 PM
yup wizzies have a lot of stun

FU2
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
There is a stunlock if you hit all the skills at red or somewhere around there. Though it is pretty dependant on timing too haha.
IS>Assass>Rising Shot>FSlash>Infernal

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 10:01 AM
pot ftw! o.O

DVwizzy
04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
need lots of pots..

meep49
04-22-2010, 07:15 PM
I usually auto attack assassinate>infernal>assassinate>stigma, then it repeats, only gives the mob one chance to hit. I go with 2 5% life absorb rings, 2 vamp earrings +2, and vamp ammulet + I dont remember. Whether I go in pve or pvp gear there isnt much of an effect on me

NewEra
05-02-2010, 07:49 AM
or you can go to WAR and get wexp and lvl yourself if you to lazy