PDA

View Full Version : why is Cabal so expensive?

Lavos2007
04-11-2010, 08:16 AM
i think the title stands for the topic, its not so much Plat Service prices that are bad, as it is most every Permanent Duration item

Rariaku
04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Lol i bet, but if I can get pasted the conencting thing itd be great!

GoughGhan
04-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Actually it's a bit cheaper then OGP and when I mean a bit, I'm talking 4 dollar differences mainly. I have no issues with prices now. Remember it is a free game you don't have to buy anything.

mattey
04-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Actually it's a bit cheaper then OGP and when I mean a bit, I'm talking 4 dollar differences mainly. I have no issues with prices now. Remember it is a free game you don't have to buy anything.

The costumes are more expensive than OGP, but I don't know if it's because these are new costumes that OGP never had.

399 CC (Cabal Cash) for a permanent costume, and 100 CC is $10. 399 rounds to 400, so that's $40. (Remember, these costumes are brand new)
Back at OGP, it was 600 astros for a permanent costume. $10 was 200 Astros, so that's $30.

BUT, the nation war costumes are 300 CC for a permanent one, so that's $30.

teflon_superhero
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I remember getting an ultimate game card that was around 20$ (400 astros) and the bulk of that would be taken up for 1 month premium. Rough calculation here it's about 15 a month for a month premium which is a little cheaper than OGP premium. As for costumes...not sure, never bought one.

...and Mattey, I love love love your siggy!

Suterusu
04-12-2010, 09:53 AM
would ultimate game card work for new cabal by est?

Leonhart
04-12-2010, 10:53 AM

OGP's cards? No.

Suterusu
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
dang...waiting for them to make a card...

mattey
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
...and Mattey, I love love love your siggy!

Thanks man! :D

But she's mine :mad:

FU2
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
399 is for the ones that include the accessories such as a costume hat ... its $30 as well for the permanent costumes themselves.

mattey
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
399 is for the ones that include the accessories such as a costume hat ... its $30 as well for the permanent costumes themselves.

Didn't realize that, thanks x)

So I think it's safe to say that EST CABAL is much cheaper than OGP, ok OP?

Lavos2007
04-14-2010, 04:22 AM
the point wasnt supposed to be about it being a bit cheaper than OGP, the point is: its too pricey, i dont know about the rest of you, but im not made of money

VeeOhhCee
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
extender boxes are more expensive on EST then OGP

N2TheEther
04-24-2010, 07:07 AM
the point wasnt supposed to be about it being a bit cheaper than OGP, the point is: its too pricey, i dont know about the rest of you, but im not made of money

Agreed it is more expensive when compared to other micropay item malls for f2p games. idky but it just is, seems more feasible that $10 would yield at minimum 1k cc not 100 especially since most items including temp cos's are at least 150 cc it would be nice to spend $20 and be able to get at least 2 items without having to add another $5-10 just to afford a small trinket from the cs.

yea its a f2p game but the micropay helps to support it, additionally if they were to lower prices or raise the cc vs usd exchange rate then ppl would spend more and spend more frequently to boot.

I know one of the major concerns is how to safeguard the ingame economy from people that horde item mall shop items by buying in bulk and reselling ingame but if they continue to make highly coveted items non tradeable that would stop that trend from occurring.

some ppl may argue that it will bring an onslaught of gold sellers to the game. but unfortunately we are being invaded by the gold selling bots anyway every day i log in, i find gold selling bots littering up bi, it has become routine for me to log into the game, and first thing on my agenda is to go block the gold selling bots standing in bi spamming illegal websites and clogging up the server channels.

i like the feature of non tradeable items and gifting as an alternative but honestly i would spend more usd if the prices were more reasonable on the exchange rate, but thats just my opinion.

Aeggro
04-30-2010, 06:43 PM
U can get Free Cabal cash... Lol just get a free 5$ paypal giftcard from this site http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Pewbsicle by doing offers or just searching and etc.:cool::cool::cool:
o and put the link on the adress bar by copy and paste... Do it this way if u dont wanna buy cabal cash or think its to expensive...

Loit
04-30-2010, 08:56 PM
u black son go line up welfare then trade ur food stamps for cabal cash KAKAKAKAKA

LifelessSoul
05-01-2010, 12:08 AM
so we gotta wait til EST makes a game card for cabal?

carowe27
05-01-2010, 11:31 AM
i miss being able to get alot of TL DT cards on OGP now they are expensive

IllusionistZ
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
u black son go line up welfare then trade ur food stamps for cabal cash KAKAKAKAKA

Dude your nothing but a PUNK

Loit
05-01-2010, 08:33 PM
dude your nothing but a punk

wi come merc 1 shot your nig ass all day long kakakakaka

IllusionistZ
05-02-2010, 06:11 AM
wi come merc 1 shot your nig ass all day long kakakakaka
Bring your ass to venus and become my pet and do what Daddy tells ya

carowe27
05-02-2010, 06:04 PM
he acts hood on here, because in real life he cant comprehend what would happen to him if he really said and acted like that.

IllusionistZ
05-03-2010, 12:38 AM
he acts hood on here, because in real life he cant comprehend what would happen to him if he really said and acted like that.
Ya know, hahahahaha

SliverElixer
05-03-2010, 01:22 PM
the prices were better then ogp thats what'll get people.

Aeggro
05-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Who are you talking to me....?DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd d

lugalo
05-14-2010, 07:25 AM

OGP's cards? No.

He was reffering to Ultimate Game cards not the OGP cards, theres a major difference to both of those cards, since their not the same card.

lugalo
05-14-2010, 08:01 AM
This is obvious. If you set the price too high, less people will buy, but lower it and more will buy. Would you like to buy a new Game System at $1000? No you wouldn't. Now would you buy that same Game System for $200? Now thats much more reasonable and afordable. The higher the price is of anything the less likely someone is to spend for it or less often, but lower the cost of it and more will buy, and most likely more often.

Raveiyn
05-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Several F2P games that I have played recently have temp costumes in their shops for 150 CC to 600 CC and 40 bucks will get you 5000+ CC.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. A few players buying here and there... or most of the server spending 40 bucks a month cause this can buy you a costume, 30 days premium, some pots and a few dungeon entry items...hmm?

Trouvo
05-18-2010, 03:55 AM
o.O 40 bucks for the item shop when it was still cabal cash would only get you 400 cabal cash now it is 4000 ecoins....if it was still on cabal cash and the ratio was that low people would only have to buy once and never again at least not for a long time lol.......

Raveiyn
05-18-2010, 03:58 PM
nah ppl would buy once a month at least [premium] and would buy temp costumes monthly as well [if they were cheaper] not to mention buying the perma vanity costumes more on a whim than "maybe" buying one.

Playing Requiem I bought 30 day costumes for 150 CC monthly for the added bonuses, [ you can wear them at level 1] but for this game I doubt I will buy one at all. 30 bucks for a costume or a pizza night... screw the costume, I'll play without it.

Fishy
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
The point of a f2p game's shop isnt to be cheap for players to buy tons of crap and make off with it or make profit off it in game. that'd 1) mess up the economy in game even more than it already is; and 2) the point of the shop is to help pay the people at EST their paychecks and also keep this game free for all. If they didnt make enough off the shop, they'd either 1) shut down the game for that area to keep company costs down; or 2) make it a complete P2P game with just cheaper shop items so they could get more money. I won't lie, a cheaper in game shop would be nice and enticing (albeit may cause to think oh just a lil more wont hurt), but at the same time, i dont wanna pay just to be able to play this game and still have to pay extra for the prem features. do you?

Immortal Dilemma
05-20-2010, 09:32 AM
i think the title stands for the topic, its not so much Plat Service prices that are bad, as it is most every Permanent Duration item

Permananet and none permanent item should be a roll like the NAS was like when u buy it!