PDA

View Full Version : Do the GMs care about swearing?

Teisho Raizen
04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
There's no filter on the forums so why should there be one in game....?

GuardianPat
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
The forum is new and the game is kinda "old" in a way that the censores were made by OGP i guess.

Teisho Raizen
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I hope they take it off... I'm pretty sure most if not all cabal players are old enough to know what most swear words are/mean so the censor is kind of dumb to have in game but not on the forums..

BleedingSoul
04-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Yeah I wanna curse !

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:42 AM
There's no filter on the forums so why should there be one in game....?

Ur dumb

Teisho Raizen
04-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Ur dumb

Really?

ineedhelp
04-11-2010, 10:48 AM
I lub cursing eben doe my mummy tells me not too she calls me a bud bad boy and i say no mum i am a good boy

Error
04-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Ur dumb

umad?

ontopic: Since everyone usually bypasses the ingame filter, it'll probably be the same if it were on forums.

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I lub cursing eben doe my mummy tells me not too she calls me a bud bad boy and i say no mum i am a good boy

lolwut?

mattey
04-11-2010, 11:08 AM
It's filtered so that little kids who play CABAL won't be influenced. But if you're a little kid playing CABAL, it's too late for you already 8D

BleedingSoul
04-11-2010, 11:10 AM
It's filtered so that little kids who play CABAL

With how much of the female body they show?

Berserk_Fury
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
They should just take the aion approach. In there you can turn off the filter in the options, so everyone stays happy.

ineedhelp
04-11-2010, 11:24 AM
They should just take the aion approach. In there you can turn off the filter in the options, so everyone stays happy.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 12:26 PM

speak english

mattey
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
With how much of the female body they show?

Rofl xD

SliverElixer
04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
i don't people are meant to care since the world is kinda up anyways.

BleedingSoul
04-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Alright sweet if we can swear can we draw dirty pictures with our keyboard?
8======D~~

Violet sky
04-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Alright sweet if we can swear can we draw dirty pictures with our keyboard?
8======D~~

I can also do that xP 8================================================= =============D wewt

SliverElixer
04-11-2010, 03:09 PM
joke.

Sheep
04-11-2010, 03:35 PM
i think they should make an option where you can block/unblock swearing in the game and forums and not ban people for it. It annoys me so much when i cant curse because then i know someone will have to be a jerk and report >_>

Fishy
04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
90% of what's censored isnt even a swear word either O_o GM for instance or dicul in ridiculous o.0 so was sie for the longest time too....i mean, what was the point in censoring those? lol just take the damn thing off....i mean, i don't care much for swearing, but I'd still like to use the words if it's the best way to describe something O_o

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 08:19 PM
90% of what's censored isnt even a swear word either O_o GM for instance or dicul in ridiculous o.0 so was sie for the longest time too....i mean, what was the point in censoring those? lol just take the damn thing off....i mean, i don't care much for swearing, but I'd still like to use the words if it's the best way to describe something O_o

i never liked cabal's censoring

Suzaku0
04-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't think anyone does. :(

DemonWrath
04-11-2010, 08:47 PM

at first i thought why gm was censored, but its actually a good thing.
if anyone wants to scam another person they can just make a character name it "gmxxxxxx" and go scam anyone, then when he gets banned, he just creates another acount and uses the same trick. who would fall for that? oh trust me a lot, thats how small minded many people are, if people are easy enough to get scammed with the gm censored, think of what will happen when it is not censored. (yes it happens)

then again i dont chat much i just level -_- so i dont know what other stupid words they censored, even censoring curse words is stupid, i mean come on, if he/she is not going to see it in game, he/she is defiantly going to hear it in real life.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 08:49 PM
at first i thought why gm was censored, but its actually a good thing.
if anyone wants to scam another person they can just make a character name it "gmxxxxxx" and go scam anyone, then when he gets banned, he just creates another acount and uses the same trick. who would fall for that? oh trust me a lot, thats how small minded many people are, if people are easy enough to get scammed with the gm censored, think of what will happen when it is not censored. (yes it happens)

then again i dont chat much i just level -_- so i dont know what other stupid words they censored, even censoring curse words is stupid, i mean come on, if he/she is not going to see it in game, he/she is defiantly going to hear it in real life.

hes not talking bout the char name, its the word "gm" u cant even type in the chat, it'll come up as XX

DemonWrath
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
hes not talking bout the char name, its the word "gm" u cant even type in the chat, it'll come up as XX

they were probably just too lazy to only censor it in the names, so they just censored the gm from the whole game. What are you going to say lazy people.

Fishy
04-11-2010, 09:18 PM
they were probably just too lazy to only censor it in the names, so they just censored the gm from the whole game. What are you going to say lazy people.

I got one counter to a fake GM.....WHERE'S MY ING BUFF? :D

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I got one counter to a fake GM.....WHERE'S MY ING BUFF? :D

even real gm's might not giv u the buff O.O

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Who wants the GM buff when you can have the GM debuff?

rythemz
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Who wants the GM buff when you can have the GM debuff?

GM debuff FTW!!!!

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:01 PM
GM debuff FTW!!!!

Quoted for truth!

Spamzor
04-11-2010, 10:03 PM
It's filtered so that little kids who play CABAL won't be influenced. But if you're a little kid playing CABAL, it's too late for you already 8D

ya pretty much these little kids these days : (

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Quoted for truth!

yay for 3rd >)

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:27 PM
I would SO love a feature to turn the chat filter off...

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
I would SO love a feature to turn the chat filter off...

this game is teen+ lol

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Teens are already swearing, what difference would a game make? It's like saying killing games make kids want to kill people.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
yes dat is true lol, but the government wants dat rule when making games

CNJRP
04-11-2010, 10:48 PM
The chat filter should be client-side.

Crash
04-12-2010, 04:03 AM
The chat filter should be client-side.

This.

CrucifixX
04-12-2010, 12:57 PM
My mommy said she won't let me play cabal if people are cursing.

CrucifixX
04-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Also, bee tee dubs. The part that's blocked out in ridiculous is "culo" Which is a curse word in Spanish or some like that. They also used to block out "les" and they took it out, which shows some sort of progress.

One really dumb thing is that terms in GEAR are blocked out. A person can't even say SIGMetal without it being filtered. And with the new Lycanus stuff coming out, of course it has the word "Anus" smack dab in the middle. ed up man, ed up.

lolololol
04-12-2010, 01:16 PM
korean's dont understand engrish that much..Lmao like Gspot!!

SliverElixer
04-12-2010, 01:35 PM
i don't think anyone would care for swearing since its now a part of our literature.

SkyAlpha
04-12-2010, 11:48 PM
i don't think anyone would care for swearing since its now a part of our literature.

so hoos swearing, ima report them >DD

[GM] Squish
04-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Do care.
Any profanities which considered as insulting, rude or vulgar, or any disrespect toward one another will not be tolerated!
(Plus anything offensive in my eyes.)
There will be guidelines posted up this forum soon, meanwhile, I suggest you to go through Terms of Use on CABAL.com if you're curious.
I would just close my eyes and let you slide this time. That means I'm not going to point figers with an angry mug about to ban.. especially "lolololol" and "CrucifixX".

*sigh* could there be the world without the rules and regulations..?

CNJRP
04-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Squish;14576']Do care.
Any profanities which considered as insulting, rude or vulgar, or any disrespect toward one another will not be tolerated!
There will be guidelines posted up this forum soon, meanwhile, I suggest you to go through Terms of Use on CABAL.com if you're curious.

I approve this message. I hope there are rules for excessive spamming as well.

GoughGhan
04-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Bout time.....please be strict on the forum rules.....including excessive spamming like CNJRP said.

Squish;14576']

You know, that world is a world without lawyers, and where unicorns crap rainbows. It just doesn't exist.

SilentM
04-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Bout time.....please be strict on the forum rules.....including excessive spamming like CNJRP said.

+100. The excessive spamming, especially of stupid threads that don't belong in their proper sections, makes the forums annoying to post in and even read.

Fishy
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
My mommy said she won't let me play cabal if people are cursing.

I bet mommy curses too >.>

Teisho Raizen
04-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Squish;14576']Do care.
I would just close my eyes and let you slide this time. That means I'm not going to point figers with an angry mug about to ban.. especially "lolololol" and "CrucifixX".

When you say "you", who exactly are you talking to? If it's me about that siggy I'll take it down if it's offensive or inappropriate ;-;

BleedingSoul
04-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Squish;14576']Do care.

Have you ever thought of taking a poll on who wants to swear and who doesn't? And worse comes to worst Berserk's idea was exellent, having an in-game option to turn the filter on and off.