PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Ticket Replies. GMs, please read.

carrotcake
04-11-2010, 10:57 AM
When we send a ticket to the ESTSoft help desk, we (in general) are usually in a hurry to get our point across, after very recently getting scammed/banned, etc. However, we may sometimes miss some crucial points to add to our ticket, or give information that is not quite accurate.

I propose a re-reply option on tickets in the Help Desk. Before a GM Replies to a ticket, each ticket is entitled to have a single extra postnote added to it by the sender after the ticket has been sent. This way, when the GMs do get to that ticket, they get all the information they need, plus any revised or updated information pertaining to the ticket. A lot can happen in the 2-3 days wait.

At this current point of time, the only way to "revise" a ticket is to file another ticket referring to the first one, which, of course, will not be looked at by the GMs when dealing with the first ticket.

The single-postnote (and not multiple) option is to avoid possible abuse of this feature through spamming.

Please give your opinions, but note that I'm proposing this while ignoring the "this might be too difficult to program into the website" PoV. That doesn't really help.

Thanks.

PS: I did not put this in the suggestion section of Cabal Forums because it's so relevant to the many complaints in the general forum pertaining to tickets, how long it takes for them to be replied to, and their contents. If you find it necessary to move this to the suggestions corner, please do so.

rythemz
04-11-2010, 11:01 AM
One other thing to do when you send in a help desk ticket for in game situations such as, disconnections, glitch, someone hack, bot, etc., make sure you state your Channel, time, and location (they covered your ign and server) of where it happened. I think it will help a lot for them to check you out.

Flarius
04-11-2010, 11:02 AM
I think a live chat would be nice. Doesn't have to be on all the day or even everyday. Just maybe a couple hours a day, few times a week.

BleedingSoul
04-11-2010, 11:04 AM
tl;dr good idea sure okay fine.

rythemz
04-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Judging by the amount of pm's a GM got once they get on a channel, it's gonna get messy xD

carrotcake
04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Though a live chat would be nice, I don't think ESTSoft has the resources for it. Oh yes, adding on to my original Post, I'd like to also note that you can't REVISE your ticket; you can only add on a postnote that might say, hey, I said X detail in my original ticket, but in truth it's...

Revisions/addons, you know?

I want to make it easier for the GMs, not harder xD; The more info the GMs have, the less confusion.

ineedhelp
04-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Great Idea Carrot i see what you mean, Considering i sent a ticket in thought about it and realized that it was insufficiently filled with everything i wanted to put in it...

carrotcake
04-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes

in my case, I accidentally put the wrong world for my character (Mercury instead of Venus) in my rush.

Among other updated details that would help the GMs sort it out much faster. Unfortunately, I can't post them on a public forum, nor can I update the ticket with this info. I don't know how it's going to get sorted out :P but I'm sure it will.

RebornSAZUZAKI
04-11-2010, 06:59 PM
GM's only look after HD tickets every monday. i only get responds every monday so that figures.. i think thats dum since GM's are mostly on everyday and only checks HD tickets every monday????

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I think a live chat would be nice. Doesn't have to be on all the day or even everyday. Just maybe a couple hours a day, few times a week.

they dont hav 1000 ppl to serve us lol

Spamzor
04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
There is a function that the GMs have that don't allow people to pm them soo the G ms can filter out who they wanna talk to

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:10 PM
There is a function that the GMs have that don't allow people to pm them soo the G ms can filter out who they wanna talk to

yea they hav a special list of ppl who they only want to talk to eh

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:30 PM
They don't need 1000 people. If I was a GM I would rather helping people through a live chat because it can sometimes be quicker and you can get better information about the problem from the player. A lot easier on the players too instead of having to wait like 2 weeks to unblock their account if they accidentally put in the wrong information.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
live chat with idiots in the game is a waste O.O

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Well psh they would have idiot filters.

SkyAlpha
04-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Well psh they would have idiot filters.

and how would they manage to do dat?

Flarius
04-11-2010, 10:52 PM