PDA

View Full Version : new pve/pvp combo

Tramier
09-02-2010, 04:09 PM
has anyone figured out how to incorperate SoD into there combo, i worked on it for a while, cant seem to get it set right

protoadam
09-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Well I tested SOD on mobs and it's really not great in pve compared to gm or comp so..

DMG combo for war and dungeons :

old combo : comp-gm-slash-comp-lots of fillers

new combo : comp-gm-slash-comp-slash-SOD-stab or slash

For pvp combo i keep switchting it but it never seems in the right place =/

edit : my gm is 12 btw.

Berserk_Fury
09-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Seems to me that sod has better dps on mobs than infernal, but I'm not sure on what combo to use yet...

MyForumIsFISHIN
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Pretend SoD is an abyssal crystal version of infernal. It's weaker than both Assassinate and Infernal however it has AoE that trumps both of them. However you want to incorperate SoD is based on how you utilize a skill of such lengthy cast time.(Assassinate cast time in combo > SoD combo cast time) FYI for the noobs out there that abuse SoD in pvp, it's overrated k? Just because on paper it's skill amp and skill add atk is higher than both assassinate doesn't mean it'll deal a higher damage in pvp. You're forgetting that both As/II both have piercing effects which amplifies their dmg.

tl;dr in pve squeeze SoD between your usual aoe pve combo (helpful for the extra range and aoe + it's better dps than infernal)
in pvp use it as a chase counter or finisher ( i prefer the latter because regardless by the time after I use my finisher either my opponent is dead or I'm dead.)

Berserk_Fury
09-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Ok, nevermind on me saying that it hits harder than infernal, it doesn't. I'm thinking of putting it at lvl 18 and using it as a finisher/random ranged skill.

Shinn
09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
my pve is Stigma 20 > SOD15 > assass15 >Infernal12 > dor(rarely goes to dor)

MyForumIsFISHIN
09-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Ok, nevermind on me saying that it hits harder than infernal, it doesn't. I'm thinking of putting it at lvl 18 and using it as a finisher/random ranged skill.

That's what I assumed at first, then I compared it, and I was greatly disappointed. All that hype for a mediocre flashy skill.

Shinn
09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
lol ya skills bad PVP good pve IMO but did you guys notice all classes can use Instant immunity? xD

Tho if you have about 58 rate you can 2 hit about 95% of Fa's with 15 sod and 15 assass xD

protoadam
09-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Pretend SoD is an abyssal crystal version of infernal. It's weaker than both Assassinate and Infernal however it has AoE that trumps both of them. However you want to incorperate SoD is based on how you utilize a skill of such lengthy cast time.(Assassinate cast time in combo > SoD combo cast time) FYI for the noobs out there that abuse SoD in pvp, it's overrated k? Just because on paper it's skill amp and skill add atk is higher than both assassinate doesn't mean it'll deal a higher damage in pvp. You're forgetting that both As/II both have piercing effects which amplifies their dmg.

tl;dr in pve squeeze SoD between your usual aoe pve combo (helpful for the extra range and aoe + it's better dps than infernal)
in pvp use it as a chase counter or finisher ( i prefer the latter because regardless by the time after I use my finisher either my opponent is dead or I'm dead.)

+1 This is good advice. For pvp ima just replace my crystal w/ SOD lol should be fine for now but sad when I see other clsses using their trans skills to good effect :( (mainly fs and wi). A fun thing for pvp against any class if they don't mind do hardluck -> trans a begnning of combo for 67 + CR. But if most people see a debuff they freak out I've noticed.

MyForumIsFISHIN
09-04-2010, 10:07 PM
+1 This is good advice. For pvp ima just replace my crystal w/ SOD lol should be fine for now but sad when I see other clsses using their trans skills to good effect :( (mainly fs and wi). A fun thing for pvp against any class if they don't mind do hardluck -> trans a begnning of combo for 67 + CR. But if most people see a debuff they freak out I've noticed.

Yup and once they freak out they fade, then you go into freestyle mode and then when you do manage to kill them, they come back and bit ch about it. It's a fun skill to use in war, go near a mob of opposing nation use SoD, hit a good handful and fade out, heal up, go back repeat, throw in abyssal and some cannons for the heck of it lol.

Basically SoD is the FB's version of Seismic Wave, sure it's not as strong but it has the same cone-shaped AoE and actually better range than SW.
So in PvP/PvE use SoD like how you would with SW if you were a WA.