PDA

View Full Version : Seal of Damnation? not that great!

AeonNathan
09-03-2010, 05:08 AM
I was Surprised to see Assassinate and Infernal Impact hit better than the new skill. Basically it hits harder but less hits.

dedantemon
09-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Anyone tested the de-buff duration of Seal of Damnation?

Pls ask a guldie/anyone to look at his character screen at resistances when u cast transcender, to see when the de-buff starts and how many seconds it lasts...

Berserk_Fury
09-03-2010, 06:44 AM
It was already said that effects always get put on at the start of the skill cast. That is just how cabal is programmed.

dedantemon
09-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Did u tested the skill like I told above or not? (I am trying to avoid confusion).

AeonNathan
09-03-2010, 07:28 AM
Did u tested the skill like I told above or not? (I am trying to avoid confusion).

I will test it when i get home and reply... now i'm at work...

dedantemon
09-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Ok thank you. I am saying this because I belive the skill lats 8 seconds and because the dev's are new (yes, not old ones) they implement other display of de-buff on the skill information and mainly (whole de-buff time) -(skill cast time).

So we will get 8 - 3 = 5 seconds of de-buff time after the skills is casted. In other words, if we use it in combo, we will gain 8 - 2.6 (skill cast time in combo) = 5.4 de-buff time.

I want you to test this out as I don't belive the skill has 5 sec de-buff that starts from beginning cuz it would be uber crap...
Waiting for your input :)

Rockstar
09-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Basically what I thought it would be, a great replacement for abyssal crystal. FB probably will never chase again n pvp with two range 6 skills, and if you do then you're bad. No more cheap chase combos from FBs or BLs anymore.

dedantemon
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Damn still waiting for that test :))

Rockstar, can u do the test ?

AeonNathan
09-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Damn still waiting for that test :))

Rockstar, can u do the test ?

Still at work...

Banned
09-03-2010, 12:39 PM
I was Surprised to see Assassinate and Infernal Impact hit better than the new skill. Basically it hits harder but less hits.

skills without orange text will not hit harder than the ones with orange text

Shinn
09-03-2010, 01:17 PM
i tried it right as u do the move the resist goes down

NewEra
09-03-2010, 06:59 PM
at what lvl can we get it if am lvl 151?

darkparasite
09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
at this moment only from lv up quest since you fall under where i was u need to lv 4 times this week in total

dedantemon
09-04-2010, 12:01 AM
i tried it right as u do the move the resist goes down

Yes but for HOW much time?xD

This is what I want to hear.

Shinn
09-04-2010, 12:05 AM
not sure with 64 56+8 Supposed rate i rarely crit with the assassinate right after I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing fails bro ;X

Shinn
09-04-2010, 05:38 AM
Yes but for HOW much time?xD

This is what I want to hear.

its like 2.2 seconds or so

Matrimoney
09-04-2010, 05:58 AM
not sure with 64 56+8 Supposed rate i rarely crit with the assassinate right after I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing fails bro ;X

you have +14 max rate? go die

Shinn
09-04-2010, 05:58 AM
you have +14 max rate? go die
56 max rate and 8 from the skill

dedantemon
09-04-2010, 06:38 AM
its like 2.2 seconds or so

So you tested like I told you???

Berserk_Fury
09-04-2010, 07:35 AM
So you tested like I told you???

Dude if you want to be such a pain in the ass about it go test it yourself. The effect and timer activate at the start of the skill, end of story.

dedantemon
09-04-2010, 08:02 AM
Dude if you want to be such a pain in the ass about it go test it yourself. The effect and timer activate at the start of the skill, end of story.

I would test it myself but I am not from NA :(

Oh well, I'll wait for a friend to test it out...

iNub
09-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Now this is a different case, but I still think it all works the same. You have 54% / 54% CRI (based on what you said) and when you debuff someone with seal of damnation their resist CRI goes down 8% is that what's going on? I think their resist CDI goes down a percentage too, but irrelevant for this. This is how (I believe) it should work:

You have 54/54 CRI and opponent has we'll say 10% resist rate (because he's GG and pvp's in panda eppy, K?). When you debuff him/her with seal of damnation, they have 2% resist rate. So now instead of only 44% of your CRI getting through, now 52% will get through.

However, if your opponent has 0% resist CRI because either they have no Mwar titles or any resist CRI upgrades in a pet and you use seal of damnation, you're CRI isn't going to go to 62/54 that's impossible. Hence "Max CRI%" as in the most you can have. If the opponent has no resist CRI and your CRI is ( = / X% ) then nothing is going to happen. I believe if you had for example 8% less CRI than you do now this would happen:

Ex1: You have 46% / 54% CRI and your opponent has 0% resist CRI meaning you will hit him/her with your 46% CRI. When you use seal of damnation (and theoretically) the opponent's resist CRI drops to -8% then that means you will now have 54% CRI against this person. Again, I'm not sure if resists even dip into the negative numbers so let's do one more for fun:

Ex2: You have 50% / 54% CRI and your opponent has 4% resist CRI meaning you will hit him/her with 46% CRI. When you use seal of damnation their resist rate will drop from 4% to 0% so you will now have your 50% CRI against this person. If (again, theoretically) the numbers for resists dipped into the negatives, the opponent will lose their 4% resist CRI + 4% more leaving them with -4% resist CRI. In this case you would add 8% to your prior 46% (even though you started with 50%, you only had 46% because of their resist) and you would have 54% / 54% CRI against the opponent as long as the debuff lasts.

Ex3: A different case, but same idea. You have 56% / 54% CRI. (This means it will read as 54% / 54% I'd also like to state that if this doesn't make sense to anybody go ahead and put on an AoP+3 or any other Max CRI% gear and it will read 56% / 56+). So you have 56% CRI and opponent has 8% resist CRI. So now 2% of that is void and you subtract 6% from 54 = 48% CRI against opponent. Now you debuff them dropping them to 0% resist CRI. Technically, you would add 8% to 48% and get 56% but because your Max CRI% is at 54% it will read as 54% / 54% One more short one:

Ex4: You have 56% / 54% CRI and your opponent has 3% resist CRI. 2% of this is cancelled and you subtract 1% from your 54% giving you 53% CRI against this person. Now you use seal of damnation and their resist CRI drops to -5% (theoretically). 3 - 8 = -5. But even though you dropped their resist CRI by 8% you only add 1% to your CRI% against this person (instead of 53 + 8 = 61%) because your Max CRI% is 54%

How it works: ( xx% < - - first number / second number - - > xx% ) The number on the left is your CRI and the number on the right is your Max CRI. The number on the left can NEVER exceed the number on the right. Even if you have 70% CRI in your gear (somehow?) it will still read like this: 50% / 50% < - - Because 50% is the base Max CRI.

You can equip gear (or even a pet) with Max CRI and increase the number on the right. If you have 70% CRI and 54% Max CRI it will read like this: 54% / 54%

If any of this doesn't seem right please don't flame. I used theories and asked questions about things I'm not sure of (like negative resist rates) so just feel free to correct it if you know for sure how this works. I also heard there was a 55% Max CRI% cap. This obviously isn't the case if you have xx / 56% I have no idea where they picked that number from, but if there was a Max CRI% cap i always thought it was around 70% - 75% but who even has that much? xP

Berserk_Fury
09-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Now this is a different case, but I still think it all works the same. You have 54% / 54% CRI (based on what you said) and when you debuff someone with seal of damnation their resist CRI goes down 8% is that what's going on? I think their resist CDI goes down a percentage too, but irrelevant for this. This is how (I believe) it should work:

You have 54/54 CRI and opponent has we'll say 10% resist rate (because he's GG and pvp's in panda eppy, K?). When you debuff him/her with seal of damnation, they have 2% resist rate. So now instead of only 44% of your CRI getting through, now 52% will get through.

However, if your opponent has 0% resist CRI because either they have no Mwar titles or any resist CRI upgrades in a pet and you use seal of damnation, you're CRI isn't going to go to 62/54 that's impossible. Hence "Max CRI%" as in the most you can have. If the opponent has no resist CRI and your CRI is ( = / X% ) then nothing is going to happen. I believe if you had for example 8% less CRI than you do now this would happen:

tl;dr

Only read that much, lowering someones crit resist is not affected by max crit rate.

iNub
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Nobody said it was, Beserk or do you just feel like trolling? From what you said, (assuming the opponent has 0% resist CRI to begin with) then he would be -8% after the debuff. Not saying it isn't possible, what I said was I'm not sure if it does it or not. So I'm going to go do a test, should be easy enough to find somebody in ch 8 to get debuffed by.

Test is complete. Results:

Resists go into the negative numbers. An opponent with 0% resist CRI has a 0% chance to resist your xx% CRI. After debuff the opponent will have a -8% chance to resist your xx% CRI. So I'm not sure if 100% of a peron's negative resist is added to an attackers CRI. Ex: -1% opponent's resist CRI = +1% Attacker's CRI or if it just gives them a slightly less chance to resist your xx% CRI. Example: Each -2% opponent's CRI = +1% Attacker's CRI. I haven't seen a chart for this so all we can do is work with the numbers we have for now and assume that opponent's -% resist CRI is a 1:1 ratio with attacker's CRI. Using this formula, it would imply that a player has an X% greater chance to land a critical stike when an opponent is debuffed, even if the player is at max CRI: (54%/54%)

So if you have 62% CRI (after debuff) and can't crit on someobody, that's just bad luck. =/
Does anyone have any real figures? Perhaps links or screenshots. Please just don't come in here shouting how wrong I am without proof of what you're saying.

BlaneAkarui
09-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Test is complete. Results:

Resists go into the negative numbers. An opponent with 0% resist CRI has a 0% chance to resist your xx% CRI. After debuff the opponent will have a -8% chance to resist your xx% CRI. So I'm not sure if 100% of a peron's negative resist is added to an attackers CRI. Ex: -1% opponent's resist CRI = +1% Attacker's CRI or if it just gives them a slightly less chance to resist your xx% CRI. Example: Each -2% opponent's CRI = +1% Attacker's CRI. I haven't seen a chart for this so all we can do is work with the numbers we have for now and assume that opponent's -% resist CRI is a 1:1 ratio with attacker's CRI. Using this formula, it would imply that a player has an X% greater chance to land a critical stike when an opponent is debuffed, even if the player is at max CRI: (54%/54%)

So if you have 62% CRI (after debuff) and can't crit on someobody, that's just bad luck. =/
Does anyone have any real figures? Perhaps links or screenshots. Please just don't come in here shouting how wrong I am without proof of what you're saying.

Forgive me if this is noob, but still don't quite understand
Saying that I have a 54/54 CRI and the opponent has 0 Resist CRI, Then when SoD is used, according to you, their resist CRI should now drop to -8% which (theoretically) should increase my CRI to 62%. But shouldn't we also take into consideration the Max CRI?
So that should mean it would my CRI would be 62%/54% or would the Max CRI increase also and give out a 62%/62% CRI.

Berserk_Fury
09-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I know even when my crit rate is the same as max rate, and I put hardluck on a person with 0 resist crit rate or crit dmg, I still crit them more often and harder.

Matrimoney
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
iNub you type way too much to only make one single point. If you have 50 rate and hardluck someone, you have a 60% chance to crit them...did you just type 10 paragraphs to explain that?

dedantemon
09-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, a guy confirmed on the thread from EU that the de-buff is 5 sec and starts with animation: http://forum.cabalonline.com/showpost.php?p=2010011&postcount=340

It is ubeeeeeeeeer crap then !

Shinn
09-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Ok, a guy confirmed on the thread from EU that the de-buff is 5 sec and starts with animation: http://forum.cabalonline.com/showpost.php?p=2010011&postcount=340

It is ubeeeeeeeeer crap then !

we said this lol 9 or 12 ass > new skill at 20

We are the new wizard class ;D

BlaneAkarui
09-04-2010, 06:33 PM
FML
So do we riot or not?

MyForumIsFISHIN
09-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Basically what I thought it would be, a great replacement for abyssal crystal. FB probably will never chase again n pvp with two range 6 skills, and if you do then you're bad. No more cheap chase combos from FBs or BLs anymore.

Iono bout you but I think any FB with abyssal alone that doesn't know how to counter a chase combo is bad.

Tenrai
09-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Hmmm.... Seal Of Damnation+Panda Epaulet+Will armor and boots= Mayweather workout of cabal.

iNub
09-05-2010, 06:19 PM
iNub you type way too much to only make one single point. If you have 50 rate and hardluck someone, you have a 60% chance to crit them...did you just type 10 paragraphs to explain that?

No sir. I wrote 10 paragraphs explaining how to bass fish. Kind of an idiotic question to ask when you already know the answer. And anyone can read someone else's information and try to tell them they came up with it on their own. I don't know why you troll, you're not even good at it.