PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Shooter

forumMule
09-04-2010, 12:57 AM
What lv did you guys put Sonic Shooter at? And what combo are you using with it?

Homeless
09-04-2010, 01:39 AM
What lv did you guys put Sonic Shooter at? And what combo are you using with it?

u dont need to know :P

chainlock
09-04-2010, 02:33 AM
I've only had it for like 30 minutes, but the combo I'm using with it for now is sonic at 9 and 3 cannons at 20. It's a little more solid stun lock than gd at 12 and 3/4 cannons/poison arrow. It'll allow me to have some extra magic points if I end up liking it more and can drop poison arrow.

It feels like it's the same cast speed in and out of combo. I really don't like it at all for pvp.

MamaMiaYoe
09-04-2010, 05:58 AM
I use it as finisher in pvp (duel & pk), I dont use it at pve. Its dangerous if it doesnt crit as finisher like shooting star, especially when that happens out of combo, the cast time will allow ur enemy to hit you and bring you down.

Enso
09-04-2010, 07:57 AM
How does it do damage wise in PvP? More or less than shooting star?

YoungForum
09-04-2010, 09:05 AM
@miavi....... why are yu using sonic as a finsiher? i have it and ss at lvl 20 and ss is way stronger.
@Forummule....... i use the regular non-combo(auto-atk) stun lock an it works perfectly for me(GD>CS>shadow>TL)
i use sonic wen the mobs really spread out becuase it has great Aoe and sometimes in war wen theres a huge mob for the same reason.
Combo wise GD has longer stun PVE wise, And SS is way stronger PVP/PK wise

forumMule
09-04-2010, 10:45 AM
@miavi....... why are yu using sonic as a finsiher? i have it and ss at lvl 20 and ss is way stronger.
@Forummule....... i use the regular non-combo(auto-atk) stun lock an it works perfectly for me(GD>CS>shadow>TL)
i use sonic wen the mobs really spread out becuase it has great Aoe and sometimes in war wen theres a huge mob for the same reason.
Combo wise GD has longer stun PVE wise, And SS is way stronger PVP/PK wise
I havent tested it. I will When I log on though.

MamaMiaYoe
09-04-2010, 04:03 PM
edited-

Shinn
09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Doesnt SS have orange text?

MamaMiaYoe
09-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Actually Im gunna have to delete that post coz I noticed something too.
I quickly lowered shooting star as soon as I got in the game out of excitement for this new skill but then - and thanks to Young forum coz i wouldve not found out - becuz of that post I maxed shooting star again to see it myself and guess wut? Shooting Star does indeed seems to do much more dmge, especially with crit dmge weapons.

forumMule
09-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Just tested it and Shooting star lv 20> Sonic lv 20.

YoungForum
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Actually Im gunna have to delete that post coz I noticed something too.
I quickly lowered shooting star as soon as I got in the game out of excitement for this new skill but then - and thanks to Young forum coz i wouldve not found out - becuz of that post I maxed shooting star again to see it myself and guess wut? Shooting Star does indeed seems to do much more dmge, especially with crit dmge weapons.
Glad i could help XD
did anyone have 2 delete or lower the lvl on some skills btw? i have all my buffs at lvl 20, Fire,tera,aqua lances lvl 20, crit, shadow,sonic, star, lvl 20, GD 12, i kept curse thing at lvl 1. but i only had enough points to put AOS at 18=.= and i still need the FA regen buff when im 140 and can stack. what skills should i remove or lower? i was thinkin precision and/or def debuff.

Enso
09-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmmmmmm I have...
Vitality Force: 20
Precision: 20
Repulsive Armor: 20
Mana Condense: 20
Eagle Eye: 20
Thrusting Arrow: 20
Art of Healing: 20
Art of Sniping: 20
Vitality Bless: 9
Critical Shot: 20
Shadow Shot: 20
Aqua Lance: 19
Fire Lance: 18
GD: 18 (hoping 20 soon... waiting on MP rune)
SS: 20
Lower Defense: 20
Blind: 20

And I have a bunch of skill points left over, so I should be able to level up the new skills to max.

chainlock
09-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Completely remove precision, lowering thrusting arrow, eagle eye, and repulsive armor are options too. If you did put curse remove to 20 that still leaves it with 85mp cost I believe. Make sure you meet that after delevel and manafreeze if you want to + it up. For vital bless, you'll be stacking vital force and eagle eye more often than vital bless in 1 of the 2 spots, you really don't need it.

Break it down to what you need and don't need. In pve the 2 stun combos I've used are GD (12) - Stone cannon (20) - Fire cannon (20) - Aqua cannon (20) - Poison arrow (20). Sonic (9) - Stone cannon (20) - Fire cannon (20) - Aqua cannon (20). The 2nd one saves points by letting you drop poison arrow and GD if you don't want them, or putting GD to 20 for pvp or a secondary stun. In pvp crit shot, shadow shot, terra lance, and fire lance will loop for 6 shots, and Shooting star is the finisher. It shouldn't take you more than 3-7 hits to kill somebody outside of war.

Enso
09-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Completely remove precision, lowering thrusting arrow, eagle eye, and repulsive armor are options too. If you did put curse remove to 20 that still leaves it with 85mp cost I believe. Make sure you meet that after delevel and manafreeze if you want to + it up. For vital bless, you'll be stacking vital force and eagle eye more often than vital bless in 1 of the 2 spots, you really don't need it.

Break it down to what you need and don't need. In pve the 2 stun combos I've used are GD (12) - Stone cannon (20) - Fire cannon (20) - Aqua cannon (20) - Poison arrow (20). Sonic (9) - Stone cannon (20) - Fire cannon (20) - Aqua cannon (20). The 2nd one saves points by letting you drop poison arrow and GD if you don't want them, or putting GD to 20 for pvp or a secondary stun. In pvp crit shot, shadow shot, terra lance, and fire lance will loop for 6 shots, and Shooting star is the finisher. It shouldn't take you more than 3-7 hits to kill somebody outside of war.

We probably have different play styles. But all I need for my setup is:

For PvE:
Crit shot > Shadow shot > aqua lance > fire lance > repeat
GD as a crowd control/vamp skill
SS as a finisher/vamp skill

PvP:
Crit shot > Shadow shot > aqua lance > fire lance > SS finisher (of course the number of fillers varies.

chainlock
09-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Well, some videos of the armor FA testing the new skill. It seems the combo with sonic and 3 cannons is a 100% perfect stun lock. You can get right up in the middle of as many monsters as you want.

Has anyone else been having problems with the game randomly freezing on them for 5-20 seconds since the update? (2nd video for example.)

http://www.xfire.com/video/3572de/

http://www.xfire.com/video/3572d7/

Jenus
09-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Glad i could help XD
did anyone have 2 delete or lower the lvl on some skills btw? i have all my buffs at lvl 20, Fire,tera,aqua lances lvl 20, crit, shadow,sonic, star, lvl 20, GD 12, i kept curse thing at lvl 1. but i only had enough points to put AOS at 18=.= and i still need the FA regen buff when im 140 and can stack. what skills should i remove or lower? i was thinkin precision and/or def debuff.

I took out some extra cannon skills (nce caps in my war are usually stupid and line up for killing rather than spread out) I had but the thing is my lances are lvl 18 and my GD, SS, Sonic are all 18 and it still works just as good. I think the GMs need to do some editing on the skills because higher grade skills should be alot stronger than lower grade. I mean even on my other classes for example my Infernal impact on my FB has always been way stronger than my assassinate expecially if it crits. Samething with Blade Scud and Lightning slash. Dunno if it's just me but that's how it's always been.

Jenus
09-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Hmmmmmm I have...
Vitality Force: 20
Precision: 20
Repulsive Armor: 20
Mana Condense: 20
Eagle Eye: 20
Thrusting Arrow: 20
Art of Healing: 20
Art of Sniping: 20
Vitality Bless: 9
Critical Shot: 20
Shadow Shot: 20
Aqua Lance: 19
Fire Lance: 18
GD: 18 (hoping 20 soon... waiting on MP rune)
SS: 20
Lower Defense: 20
Blind: 20

And I have a bunch of skill points left over, so I should be able to level up the new skills to max.

So why would you have AoH but not have any healing moves? That doesnt make sense. Also you don't need blind...you really should only need lower defense. It's the wizards job in the party to use blind when boss hunting. You also get Offensive Bless which yes you need level 20 and Curse Remove which you need level 20 if you dont have alot of MP left over after getting MF other wise that ones not really needed to get to level 20. I have:

Lower Defense 20
Vital Bless 9
Greater Heal 20
Precision 20
Repulsive Armor 20
Critical Shot 20
Regen (not really needed) 4
Mana Condense 20
Eagle Eye 20
Sonic Shooter 18
Vital Force 20
Sharpness 20 (i use it to buff others in guild)
Shadow Shot 20
Offensive Bless 20
Curse Remove 20 (going to change as i get more MP)
Thursting Arrow 20
Gravity Distortion 18
Shooting Star 18
Mass Heal 20 (I dont use this often it's just really handy in tight spots)
Fire Lance 18
Terra Lance 18
Art of Healing 20
Art of Sniping 20

Magic Points left over 26

I know alot of those lvls can be increased mainly on the big skills and Lances but I need to war more to figure out what I need to change.

Enso
09-05-2010, 08:30 AM
So why would you have AoH but not have any healing moves? That doesnt make sense. Also you don't need blind...you really should only need lower defense. It's the wizards job in the party to use blind when boss hunting. You also get Offensive Bless which yes you need level 20 and Curse Remove which you need level 20 if you dont have alot of MP left over after getting MF other wise that ones not really needed to get to level 20. I have:

Lower Defense 20
Vital Bless 9
Greater Heal 20
Precision 20
Repulsive Armor 20
Critical Shot 20
Regen (not really needed) 4
Mana Condense 20
Eagle Eye 20
Sonic Shooter 18
Vital Force 20
Sharpness 20 (i use it to buff others in guild)
Shadow Shot 20
Offensive Bless 20
Curse Remove 20 (going to change as i get more MP)
Thursting Arrow 20
Gravity Distortion 18
Shooting Star 18
Mass Heal 20 (I dont use this often it's just really handy in tight spots)
Fire Lance 18
Terra Lance 18
Art of Healing 20
Art of Sniping 20

Magic Points left over 26

I know alot of those lvls can be increased mainly on the big skills and Lances but I need to war more to figure out what I need to change.

I just forgot them. Of course I have greater heal and mass heal, both at level 20.

Without FI I have 1,530 MP, which is enough to combo and use all my skills under MF. And I can still function under delevel MF but not combo or use big skills.

MamaMiaYoe
09-05-2010, 07:06 PM
LOL! I removed all my cannons. Got rid of Resist Intention and Sharpness (now sword class will hate me). But anyway, I hope these skills gets fixed, coz the maxed stats are a lie at the moment. But if theres one thing good to say about Sonic Shooter, it would be the damage that dont vary depending distance and how many target it hits like Shooting Star.

Shinn
09-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Sharpness needs to be a sword skill for Fa's and wizzy and SS > SS on single target lol

Useless
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I have sonic shooter at level 9 and made pretty nice stun combo with it,maybe you guys know it.

GD lvl 9, SS lvl9, Sonic shooter lvl 9. Sonic shooter has 85% chance to stun and activates as soon as you use skill. It's 3 skill combo so you also have bunch of extra space for other stuff

Spur
09-07-2010, 01:08 PM
It's the wizards job in the party to use blind when boss hunting.

when did wizzies get this supposed new blind skill?

Enso
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing but I don't really play wizard so I dunno.

chainlock
09-07-2010, 08:44 PM

It only works in bm3. You have to use Space collapse, meteor, extreme dual cannon, and elemental festival all at the same time.

Enso
09-08-2010, 07:52 AM
It only works in bm3. You have to use Space collapse, meteor, extreme dual cannon, and elemental festival all at the same time.

Well now I get it. ^^

Hazzardous
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
... coz the maxed stats are a lie at the moment...

Not quite; The yellow text on all skills signifies a damage multiplier, because of the distance/multi target thing. Pvp is +25% damage, while pve is +100% damage. This is why for FS shield break hits harder pve than pvp, while splinter is the opposite (Just an example)

... activates as soon as you use skill...

As far as I know, this is the case with all stun skills.

So far I'm not sure how much I like/dislike Sonic Shooter. Haven't played my gf's FA too much after update, except for an FT Run (I usually use gravity to keep certain mobs in place to group better, etc.)

The one thing I haven't checked is if it's AoE @ the target (Gravity) , or aoe from the character (SS), though I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Shinn
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Why would you even reply to Jenus, I mean she thinks Infernal does more damage then assassinate wtf?

and @ miavii Orange text powers it up by 25%

Enter_Skyline
09-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Lol..

Enter_Skyline
09-08-2010, 09:26 PM
. It's the wizards job in the party to use blind when boss hunting.

Yea, no.
I think you mean weaken, but even then what WI is stupid enough to waste time on that?
Stop tryin' so hard broski.

SilvusX
09-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Honestly when I tested Shooting Star and Sonic Shooter on mobs, the difference was huge. For some odd reason when it comes to pvp, Shooting star does about 50-90 damage more? on critical. I have a strong feeling that if I gain 100 more m atk or so, sonic shooter's 10% more amp might turn out to be stronger than Shooting Star.

It is also 0.5 second faster, which as a finisher if it did not crit / finish, we could get to crit shot or shadowshot sooner...

MamaMiaYoe
09-09-2010, 03:51 AM
and even tho it has slightly lower crit dmge then shootingstar, for some reason mine crits often than shooting

Roopo
09-09-2010, 09:07 AM
It is also 0.5 second faster, which as a finisher if it did not crit / finish, we could get to crit shot or shadowshot sooner...

Indeed, which actually makes it a better finisher in my opinion. Especially for higher level FA's with more base attack to stack with the extra 10% amp like you said above. Almost makes me wanna downgrade shooting star to be spammed more on guadian mobs/runners in war, but then again, the DPS of lances might be better than that of shooting star (pretty sure DPS on shooting star is the best with the 100% orange text increase, yet never tested. Atleast for lower level FA's ) on mobs if its lvl 15 for Fa's lower than 150, so i don't know what to do haha. But I currently think Sonic Shooter is best at level 20, stun purposes for PvE can be left to GD since it's stun is longer.