PDA

View Full Version : Can't block on-screen shouts?

nunja
04-12-2010, 03:50 AM
I have turned off all messaging in my settings, but I am still getting some really annoying and obnoxious chat stuff popping up in the middle of my screen. It seems to be people wanting to sell/trade items.

How is it that this stuff still shows when I have unchecked all the boxes in chat settings? I just want to play the game solo (for now) and it just started and is bothering me a lot.

So much that, if I can't get it to stop I will quit playing.

Any ideas?

GaikozWraith
04-12-2010, 03:52 AM
it is bringer shout
there is no way to block them

Trouvo
04-12-2010, 04:22 AM
....try changing your camera angle....i dont even really notice or pay attention to bringer shouts, nor is it in the way since it is at the top of the screen............

nunja
04-12-2010, 04:32 AM
....try changing your camera angle....i dont even really notice or pay attention to bringer shouts, nor is it in the way since it is at the top of the screen............

Even though I have a large display (28") at high res it is still VERY MUCH in the way.

What the hell are bringers and why do they get to ignore my settings?

mcoyne12
04-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Bringers = top player (according to game) in their class for your nation, their shout is broadcast to all members of their nation, unless you go nuetral no way to get around them, however obnoxious they may become, such is the cost of having a nation

mattey
04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Youd quit the game because a few words block your screen? LOL WOW

I agree with you and everyone else though. Those messages are in annoying. I dont wanna point anyone out (DaSmexy), but its stupid when you start getting into a friendly conversation with SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS A BRINGER.

Enso
04-14-2010, 10:52 AM
They are a good way for trading though.

MyForumIsFISHIN
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM

I agree with you and everyone else though. Those messages are in annoying. I dont wanna point anyone out (DaSmexy), but its stupid when you start getting into a friendly conversation with SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS A BRINGER.

That's all that was needed to be said.

mattey
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM
That's all that was needed to be said.

Mb for venting

nunja
04-14-2010, 08:49 PM

As a matter of fact, yes I would. Especially when those words are LARGER THAN ANY OTHERS ON THE FREAKING SCREEN and every item they are offering are worthless to me for another 50 levels or so.
That is a bull feature that serves none but a select few. WTF is wrong with a chat channel that is (like all the others) able to be turned off if I choose.

I would hate to do that since I have grown to like this game, but let's face it - there are plenty of other games available.

DVwizzy
04-16-2010, 07:41 AM
rawr? chill dude.. no one likes it, but it used to be much much worse.. people are pushing for change, but relax and join the people who dislike it and support a block..