PDA

View Full Version : tell me about the BL

epic100
09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
my playing style is when my character can contrubute to a party, pwn at pvp, survive dungeons, and be able to kill someone in NW. BL seems to be the charatcer im looking for in looks but the mechanics of the blader dont seems to apply. the blader seems to be a character build around solo grinding, no party buffs, nor any way to contubute besides just have Aoe skills which not that rare or hard to find. they are alwso appearantly very pvp capable only if they have the expensive gear and heavy armor which means i loose the look im searching for, aswell as the fact the there aqre bladers everywhere. even though they are untouchable in pve, i read that they have trouble with bosses in dungeons is it true? and when it comes to NW they seems to be un able to do anything in NW because as soon as a martial BL (which is what im looking for) gets hit its low def hardly protects his life which means dies fast in NW. even though the BL dosent fit at all with what im looking for i want to hear what is the experienced players opinion, that maybe im wrong or maybe i missed something? that could help overlook the rest of the flaws.

P.S. im staring brand new with my friends who picked a FA and Wiz as their charctaers so thats hwy this is important to me.

LackofABetterName
09-10-2010, 08:48 PM
1. BL is, indeed, built around soloing more so than party.

2. With the new update, BL has two party buffs: one increases Critical damage of the party by 8%, the other one resist two debuffs. Both are used regularly, but are not very useful compared to, say, Fury Shout (110 attack) or SP Regen.

3. BL is one of the better classes for pvp (I would rank it 2nd after Warrior, but Force Shielders are getting better and better by each update)

4. BL is also one of the easier classes to start with. It can do well farming dungeons, etc. without super great gear at lower levels.

5. BL is the best at "survival," due to high defense rate (dodge) and flee rate (more dodge) with decent defense.

Overall, your understanding of the class isn't too off.

I suggest playing a WA, because it has the best party buffs after Wizards.

Sonic
09-11-2010, 10:07 AM
my playing style is when my character can contrubute to a party, pwn at pvp, survive dungeons, and be able to kill someone in NW

u should choose the superman class

epic100
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
u should choose the superman class

not really FA and WI have been proven to be able to do this, maybe FA with a little bit of help. however, my friends already picked these classes, therefore, i would hate copying them. and appearently the only basic role im left with is that of the tank/melee damage dealer (FA = healer Wiz = ranged damage dealer)

Sonic
09-11-2010, 11:11 AM
idk it seemed like u said i wanna be good at everything there is to cabal

cuz party,pvp, dungeons, and war is really all there is too cabal that is char based

Havoc
09-11-2010, 11:25 AM
i dont know about bl being the best survivor. was the case while back, but i would hands out give it to fs now.

if you want to be a team player, go wa/wi

epic100
09-11-2010, 11:28 AM
idk it seemed like u said i wanna be good at everything there is to cabal

cuz party,pvp, dungeons, and war is really all there is too cabal that is char based

yeah but i didnt want it to sound like "i want to be the best at everything" but i can at least for example stun enimies so that my firends can finish them off, survive dongeons so that i dont hold my friends back, and so i dont feel like i have a fail character when i killed 25 people even though i died 40 times. you see what i mean?

Tysukiomi
09-11-2010, 11:39 AM
honestly, if u love to be up close and personal with power hits a blader is perfect :) otherwise dont bother with it, theres nothing more frustrating than starting a class u do not like

Sonic
09-11-2010, 11:45 AM
yeah but i didnt want it to sound like "i want to be the best at everything" but i can at least for example stun enimies so that my firends can finish them off, survive dongeons so that i dont hold my friends back, and so i dont feel like i have a fail character when i killed 25 people even though i died 40 times. you see what i mean?

kinda

Marth
09-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Takes 0 skill to play a blader. DO IT!

Nah i'm just playing. Go blader, it's a great class for beginners.

Hash
09-12-2010, 01:28 AM
honestly, if u have friends and can go dungeons a lot with them, choose a WA. If you prefer solo, choose a BL. BL are decent in parties due to their new party buffs, and can take several mobs with decent vamp, but their party buffs are nowhere near as wanted as the other party buffs.

SyndicateBlader
09-12-2010, 10:21 AM
BL's new party buff's are desired in parties, but usually parties for war and war channel. But yeah what these people said. Solo = BL Party = WA

YoungForum
09-12-2010, 10:48 PM
1. Bladers/martial bladers have no problem with dying in war, i tanked many times. Of course u wont be as good as a warrior but ull have enough hp/def 2 tank and doing more dmg if u can stay alive, Of course more defense on any character keeps u alive longer an gives u the chance to do more damage/kills.
2. Bladers are mainly a solo class but they can help a party, u can tank or be the main damage dealer, if ur lazy boss hunting with a blader is always easy. There new party buffs are pretyy useless tho. The debuff one is critical for war but takes the place of more important buffs, 8% crit dmg =_= nobodys going 2 bring u into the party just for 8%.
3. Bladers will be easy 2 lvl sense u can solo everything, map bosses are easy, dungeon bosses are easy as well so i dont have any idea to what u may have heard unless ur talking about.
4.Gear wise theres no need to go heavy ur end game gear if you ever get there will be martial anyway, ive been both heavy and normal and didnt really notice the difference to much between Martial suit 7%amp St boots/gloves 7% amp Osm armor helm DB after i got hacked and all osm armor before, besides the fact that i did buy some pve/vamp gear for pf after i got hacked cuz st was a lil noticable lol.

in all blader might be a good choice, you can help out alot in party it just wont be with buffs use ur tanking and damage dealing, and wen your friends arent on you wont have any problem doing things urself.

Btw Osm martial Suit with the rest Osm armor doesnt look bad.