View Full Version : Miavii's Guide

MamaMiaYoe
09-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Introduction

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/kimisaonami/2013-08-25.gif

The Force Archer [FA]

What's good about this class?

-Astral Weapon: Astral Bow
Increases Magic Attack, Attack Rate, Critical rate and Range as it levels. (Range will remain + 1)

-Healer
Has increase heal % buff, individual heal and party heal.

-Long ranged Skills
1~7 to 1~9 add +1 from Astral Bow and +1 from eagle eye. Can total skill Range of 1~11
BM2 Normal Attack has +1 range increase

-Fast Casting Skills
As fast as 1.3 seconds cast time on lances

What's the downside?

- FA's begins early stages as a squishy and party reliant class.

Why?

-HP and DEF are quite low. So at often times it will be difficult grinding and dueling, especially at early levels. Early low levels (below 120) is probably the toughest stage of a Force Archer's life.

Other things to know about a FA

[*=left]Moderate MP
[*=left]Average Attack and Defense Rate
[*=left]Have one spell that causes HP down effect [Poison Arrow]
[*=left]Have three spells that cause stun [Gravity Distortion, Sonic Shooter and Arrow Barrage]
[*=left]Have one spell that stuns and disable target from dashing and fading
[*=left]Have two debuffs [Lower Defense and Blind]
[*=left]Have quite a number of active/passive buffs including one Party buff [13 total but only 5 can be shared to other players]
[*=left]One skill that removes unmove/root debuffs
[*=left]One special buff that greatly increases Evasion and Def rate

EQUIPMENT

This is a pretty common set up. Your FA will be good to go having the following equipment listed.

[*=left]HELMET: 2 slot 16% Critical Damage Helmet (Battle helm of Annihilation) (Amp, Critical Damage or Critical Rate on slot/s) or an ALTERNATIVE 2 slot 7% Amp increase Helm (Battle helm of Outrageous)
[*=left]SUIT: 7-8% Amp Battle Suit (Amp or HP on slot/s)
[*=left]GLOVES: 7-8% Amp Battle Gloves (Amp, HP steal or MCR on slot/s)
[*=left]BOOTS: 7-8% Amp Battle Boots (Amp or HP on slot/s)
[*=left]AMULET: Amulet of Pain +5 and up or Battler +6 and up
[*=left]RINGS 1: Ring of Sage +7 - +10 or Critical Ring +1 - +3 (Leth Tyrant's ring will replace one of these if acquired)
[*=left]RINGS 2: Mergaheph's/Killian's Ring or Ring of Luck +1 - +3
[*=left]BRACELETS: Bracelet of Sage +3 - +8
[*=left]CAPE: Epaulet of Sage +6 - +8 (Special Capes: SIGmetal, DreiFrame, Archridium)
[*=left]CHARM: Minesta's Charm +3 - +7
[*=left]BELT: Belt of Damp +1 - +4 or Belt of Vital +1 - +4
[*=left]BOARD/BIKE VEHICLE:K-Red Board (from Cash shop or Trade Giftbox)

Armor grades are a priority as DEF and HP are two of our weaknesses. Higher grades obviously yield better defense and hp stats than lower ones. (Archridium>Drei Frame to Forcium>SIGmetal>Terra Grace> Osmium and so on)

Craftsman/Forcium armors are widely used end-game armors in this current generation followed by SIGMetal. These two armors are abundant in shops therefore I would highly suggest as armors to invest for as an end game pick.

[*=left]WEAPONS: 2 slot 16% Critical Damage Increase (Orb or Crystal of Annihilation), 2 slot 7% Magic Skill Amp Increase (Orb or Crystal of Outrageous)

Just like armor grades, weapons are the same when it comes to providing better stats - the higher the grade the better Magic attack at the highest upgrade you can get. But we should look at the weapon's qualities like the way we should look at HELMETS such as the stats in and outside the slots. Orbs/Crystals of Annihilation or Outrageous are one of the top epic gradeweapons most FA's choose. These weapons provide good amounts of critical damage, amp and critical rate increase.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/kimisaonami/Weapons.jpg

HELMETS and WEAPONS should be extended to improve your FA's damage and chances of critical hits.

Whether to add critical rate or Amp attribute is your decision, their importance are pretty much the same. In the end a 40% critical damage/ 7% critical rate or 24% Critical damage 7% amp and 7% critical rate is what you'd want to aim to have as weapons and helm.

Work in Progress...

SKILL SETTINGS

Novice Rank

Attack Skills: Get Power Shot and Fire Arrow. You can combo with these two skills when you learn combo mode.

Sub Skills: Get Regeneration and Fade Step.

Passive Skills: Get Vitality Mastery and work on mastering it.

Apprentice Rank

Attack Skills: Get Critical Shot and drop Power Shot. Critical Shot will be one of your strongest skill, its an amp dependent skill - damage improves with more magic amp.

Sub Skills: Get Dash and Precision.

Passive Skills: None

Regular Rank

Attack Skills: You can choose to get Explosion Shot, its strictly for PvP - this skill has a 3 minute cooldown time because of its special effect that can root (disable targets from dashing, fading or blinking) thus it can be used to chase dashing/fading/blinking targets. Get Fire lance, Freezing lance and Terra lance and work on mastering these skills.

Sub Skills: Blind is an optional debuff that decreases a target's attack rate.

Passive Skills:GetEagle Eye and Force Control and work on mastering these skills as you progress.

Expert Rank

Attack Skills: You can choose to get Stone Cannon (more damage less range) or Crystal Cannon (less damage more range). I would personally prefer "range over damage in pvp" and "damage over range for pve". Cannons have more cast time compared lances so cannons should pretty much be used in PvE.

Sub Skills: Get Lower Defense and work on mastering it.

A. Expert Rank

Attack Skills: Shadow Shot is optional. This skill has a decent down effect which can be part of an effective dps combo for pvp and pve.

Sub Skills: Get Sharpness and Vital Force and work on mastering these buff skills.

Master Rank

Attack Skills: Drilled Shot is optional. You can use it to delay mob damage in pve or have fun using it as a fancy skill in pvp if you want to mess around like taunt your targets before they die. It makes people mad so definitely not a skill of choice for peace makers.

Sub Skills: Get Greater Heal (You get to heal now) and Vital Bless and work on mastering these buff skills.

A. Master Rank

Attack Skills: None

Sub Skills: None

Passive Skills: Get Thrusting Arrow and work on mastering it as you progress, this will improve the knock back effect of your skills.

G. Master Rank

Attack Skills: Get Gravity Distortion and master this skill as you progress - this will be your first stun skill.

Sub Skills: None

Passive Skills: Get Art of Healing to enhance your healing, Sixth Sense to improve a significant amount of defense rate, Ruling Force for more magic attack and Damage Absorb to improve your defense. Work on mastering these passive upgrades as you progress to improve your endurance.

Completer Rank

Attack Skills: Get Shooting Star and master it as you progress. This skill can be the deadliest and weakest, it will require you to be well acquainted with its use. The damage changes by number of targets you hit. This will be your strongest finisher if you use it on an individual (one target).

Sub Skills: Get Mass Heal and Quick Move and master them as you progress. You can now heal a party. Quick is a short buff that significantly increases and improves your evasion. This can be utilized for survivability on both PvP and PvE.

Transcender Rank

Attack Skills: Get Sonic Shooter and Arrow Barrage and master them as you progess. These two skills are your final stun skills and can be considered as secondary PvP finishers. Their damage wont change by number of targets hit like Shooting Star thus making them good substitutes on multi-target combos.

Sub Skills: Get Art Of Sniping - a short buff that greatly increases your Critical Damage hit but disables you from moving around.

COMBO SETTINGS

PvP (duel)

Work in progress...

PvE -

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af6/kimisaonami/PvEStunlockgrind.jpg

http://youtu.be/FtlECsynk0Q

Work in progress...

Aura, Battle Modes 1, 2 & 3 and the special Skills

"Aura Mode"

Upon completion of level 10 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Aura. Battle Aura has 6 aura codes, which are Water, Ice, Fire, Lightning, Earth and Wind.
There is no stat difference between these Aura Codes, they're merely graphical appearance.

Work in progress...

Aura can be stacked with Battle Mode 1 and 2 at later levels.
Aura is the only power up that can combo with shooting star and sonic shooter
Aura mode adds crit rate and crit damage.

BATTLE MODE 1 "M U L T I SHOOTER"

Work in progress...

Things to know about Multi Shooter.

It changes the limit of your attack spells to 1, regardless whatever spell it is. Piercing effect is also lost during Multi Shooter.
It splits a spell damage and hits a number of targets within range. A maximum of 4 targets only. A good skill to demonstrate this effect is Gravity Distortion. Lure ten mobs and you'll notice only four of those ten will get hit.
Shooting star cannot be used during Multi Shooter.

BATTLE MODE 2 "T W I N GUNNER"

Upon completion of level 50 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Mode 2: Twin Gunner.
Twin Gunner adds ATK, MATK, Def, Def rate, Atk rate and HP restore.

Work in progress...

FA Battle Mode 2 special Skill: F a t a l Shot

Work in progress...

FA BATTLE MODE 3 "L A U N C H E R PUNISHER"

Work in progress...

GUIDE will be updated soon

Homeless
09-21-2010, 03:54 PM
LET ME HUMP U o_o hard

Shinn
09-21-2010, 04:04 PM
why is Shadow before terra O.O isnt terra bad and practically the same speed

WIpwns
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Introduction.

The Force Archer or FA. Possible good and convincing words that come in our mind when we think about FA: Magic skill, Heal, Buffs, Range, Crit Rate/Damage, Bow and Guns, effective stunlock, effective knockback/down, FAST Cast Speed/ dps (Damage per second), AoE, Squishy. All of these words are facts about FA and what makes the class good with almost everything – pve, pvp, dungeon pt run/solo, nationwar, boss hunt/solo.
Force Archers are the only class that can use a special weapon called the Astral Bow. The Astral Bow adds +11 Magic Attack, + 31 Attack Rate and +11% Crit rate and +1 Range. I consider FA as the best supportive class because of its heal abilities that can prevent death. The FA class is both good in PvE and PvP terms if you just get to understand it more. Lets start!

FA Pros!

Magic based class.Having said that, we focus more on building int than str. We have moderate - high magic attack.

Enhanced healing abilities. We heal better than Force Shielders. We are the only class that can save others and even ourselves from death.

Possesses an Important role in a party. We can heal a whole party. We can remove curse buffs and enhance the party damage with our very own unique set of buff/skills.

Fast and strong AoE skills. Skills like Critical shot, Shadow shot, and a finishing Sonic Shooter have fast dps that can pierce through targets. We also have skills that can stun. A correct combination of these skills can result to a good offense strategy for both pvp and pve - We eliminate by using the skills speed and damage. Fast? How fast? For example, while wizards takes 1.8's cast time for lances, FA's only takes 1.3's and Knockback is also our expertise.

Has the best range among any other class. This is what makes FA unique among the rest. Astral bow and Eagle Eye each adds +1 range. Range makes grinding easier and leveling up faster. By developing a good stun lock combo a Force Archer can maintain a distance that can lessen the damage being taken from a target whether it be a mob or a person. It is also perceived that Range allows a FA to eliminatea melee target before they can even come near you.

FA Cons

- Very fragile creatures.

HP has always been a problem with most FA. Whats even worse is that the defense is also low. Ranging an average from 650-730ish defense with Osmium gears at lvl 140 and up. So at often times it will be difficult. You can be 1 hit by a bladers bm2 skill, die easy in grind spots. Early low levels (below 120) is probably the toughest stage of FA life.

and....

Our Completer Skill Shooting Star is probably the weakest compared to other class in terms of pve against large numbers of mobs because damage is divided.

Moderate MP
Average Attack and Defense Rate
Have one spell that causes HP down effect [Poison Arrow]
Have two spells that cause stun [Gravity Distortion & Sonic Shooter]
Have two debuffs [Lower Defense and Blind]
Have quite a number of buffs including one Party buff [13 total but only 7 can be shared to other players]
And one spell that removes unmoved/root debuffs.
Armors/Builds
Osm Battle/Terra Grace – The equilibrium of all FA armor builds as what I call it – It’s a balanced build. Thus ideal for beginners. Ideal because theres an abundance of Perfect craft OSM armors out there and are relatively cheap compared to other possible FA armor builds. The defense may top 700 at +7 above which is just enough to allow one to withstand Mutant Forest and Pontus Ferrum mob damage and the magic attack gain can go higher as 1060 given the right orbs eppaulette and accessories.
Stat allocation: 111 Str / X Int / 223 Dex.

Osm Martial – Some of us (well I think most) gives more interest in damage more than defense. Which is good thinking in the FA world. In PvE grinds/Boss Hunts Vamp replaces the purpose of defense – its easier to survive vamping and its recommended for mFA builds when grinding. Since we all know that the more int you have the more magic attack you get, this build allows one to grasp on more int and increase the damage. And to see our crits hit the thousands or higher makes us feel good don’t they? Well this build will make it even more possible than OSM battle. Quite expensive, but good.
Stat allocation: 68 Str / X Int / 136 Dex .

Hybrid Martial – is a build in between OSM battle and OSM martial. It is when one slightly decrease his DEX and STR stats to an extent enough to wear battle boots like +8 Shadow Tit. +9 Titanium. There are two reasons why I think people go hybrid; One is because they don’t want to lose too much defense, -well I find that reason funny if that’s the case- BUT! To those people who view it as a cheaper and affordable option to get more magic attack and HP (fact: boots & gloves are expensive than suit, Titanium boots are cheaper to extend for hp add) then that’s good thinking. There is no way to look at defense with this build. It gives magic attack damage slightly less than Martial but more than Battle Osm build. Stat allocation:79 Str / X Int / 157 Dex

SIGmetal – is a build between OSM battle and Forcium. Works good for FA who works more for a supportive role. I also view this build as one perfect balanced end game build IF its Perfect crafted from the event because the defense gain is good (around 850-880 at 170) and HP. Remember when I said HP and Defense are cons of FA? Well this PC Sig build defies it. Stat allocation: 134 Str / X int / 268 Dex

Forcium – Does show great significance in PvE and Support Role Purpose. As one of my colleagues have stated in one of his self published guide “This is an unpopular build, and for good reason. It's build requires significantly lower magic attack”. I digress. I give myself as proof and evidence of why I contradict such statement - Miavii. They can say forcium amp is rare, it is expensive and not wise to purchase but they cannot say it requires significantly lower magic attack. It is not the Armor/Build that determines significant decrease or increase in magic attack, the orbs, accessories and eppaulette makes this significant differentiation. Its possible for forcium to break 1100 magic attack (which I believe is good) at 160. The defense increase is what we can say significant (900-1k).
Stat allocation: 153 Dex / X Int / 304 Dex.

Skills – (creditted to EvilBunny some parts were modified) I still find EvilBunny’s FA skill guide helpful for reasons that it helps beginners of what to do rank by rank. This guide is what I used during my starting days and it helped me so I’ll share it. Some parts are modified since the guide is outdated.
I will suggest to get to the appropriate level and wear adept stuff so grinding will be faster.

Novice: Get Power Shot and Fire Arrow to 9. Combo with Power Shot, Magic Arrow and Fire Arrow until u get Power Shot and Fire Arrow to 9, where u can combo with just 2 skills. Get regeneration aswell. Upgrade Skill: Vitality Mastery. Get Dash from sword skills aswell.

Apprentice: Get Repulsive Armor and max it to 20 ASAP, its your first final buff. Get Critical Shot and drop Power Shot. Get buff: Precision to 20..

Regular: Get Explosion Shot, Fire Lance and Terra Lance and make them 9. Drop Magic Arrow and Fire Arrow. U can combo with Critical Shot(9) and Explosion Shot(9), or make them 12 and combo with 3 skills (use Fire/Terra Lance plus the other 2). Dont get Eagle Eye until u hit level 140 (Rank 15). Its a final buff but it cant stack with Vital Force (HP buff) so its better to leave it til u can stack both. Get Upgrade Skill: Drop Reflex and get Defensive Sense.

Expert: Get Stone Cannon to 9 and Lower Defense (Miavii side note: You might be forced to drop the cannons when you have insufficient stat points to master Sonic Shooter if you will pvp more in future). Lower Defense is a debuff great for PvP but u can get it to 9 if u dont have spare points. Eventually max it to 20. Lower Defense is also great for luring mobs cause it makes them agro. Some ppl like Poison Arrow cause it has Damage Over Time, but its kinda slow so its up to u. Get Upgrade Skill: Force Control.

A.Expert: This is where the fun starts. Get Shadow Shot, Mana Condense and Vital Force. Mana Condense and Vital Force are final buffs so u need them at 20. Drop Explosion Shot and replace it with Shadow Shot level 9 if u combo with 2 skills or level 12 if u combo with 3 skills. Get Sharpness to 20 if u plan to play more support (Miavii side note: don’t get it if you want to get party buff and curse remove at trans). At lvl 140, Sharpness stacks with Warrior and Bladers attack skills.

Master: Get Greater Heal to 20. Dont get Vital Bless until u hit 140. Its a final buff but it cant stack with Vital Force (HP buff). Dont get Resist Intention. Get Upgrade Skill: Reflex or leave it blank til G.Master skills so u can buy 2 G.Master upgrades instead.

A.Master: Get Thrusting Arrow to 20.

G.Master: Get Gravity Distortion and make it 9. Get Art of Healing to 20. Upgrade Skill: U got many choices here. U can get Damage Absorb if mobs are hitting u too hard, Ruling Force if u need a damage boost, Sixth Sense if your Defense Rate is too low. I would go for Damage Absorb to make it safer. Later on u can buy them all but since u only have 5 upgrade slots, u need to choose just 1. If u left your Master slot free and got 2 free slots, u can get Damage Absorb plus Sixth Sense for safer PvE.

Completer: Get Shooting Star to 9 depending on your combo. Get Mass Heal to 20

Transcender: Get Art of Sniping to 20 and Sonic Shooter to 20. Upgrade Skill: The last u didnt pick, I will go for Sixth Sense.

By this time u should have these following buffs and these magic attack skills: (miavii side notes: be sure to obtain and master Dash and fade on sword skill too, you’ll need it)

Repulsive Armor lvl20
Eagle Eye lvl20 (only by lvl140+)
Mana Condense lvl20
Vital Force lvl20
Greater Heal lvl20
Mass Heal lvl20
Art of Healing lvl20
Art of Sniping lvl20
Thrusting Arrow lvl20
Curse Remove lvl20
Offensive bless (Party buff) lvl 20
Vital Bless lvl9 (only by lvl140+)
Precision lvl20 (if u dont combo and u just spam skills)
Sharpness lvl20 (if u wanna play more support)
Lower Defense lvl20
Blind lvl20 (if u wanna help with bosses)

Critical Shot lvl20
Shadow Shot lvl20
Gravity Distortion lvl9
Shooting Star lvl9
Sonic Shooter (lvl 20)
Fire, Terra and Aqua Lance lvl-20 (lvl 20)

Upgrade Skills: Since u can only have 6, u have to pick from different upgrades. PvP wise, u want more defense and damage. PvE wise, u want more defense rate and defense.

PvE upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Defensive Sense
Force Ruling
Damage Absorb
Sixth Sense

PvP upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Force Ruling
Defensive Sense
Damage Absorb
Sixth Sense

COMBO
PvP (duel)
Crit Shot> Shadow> Terra>Fire>Aqua>Sonic (dps)
Gravity Distortion>Crit Shot> Shadow> Terra> Fire> Sonic (WA)
Gravity Distortion is used for 3 ways. If it crits which eventually happens followed by crit shot critting as well. The dmge dealt is enough to beat a WA. (Fact: WA's are difficult to beat as FA provided they are well built), It also breaks/freeze a melee enemy's combo mode if it is casted earlier before they cast force kick but this happens rarely at start of combo but happens rarely. Can be used to make ur melee opponent run and waste time as u cast it when they attack and get closer to you.

PvE ...to be continued xDDD need to go to school
pretty good guide but

but this happens rarely at start of combo but happens rarely
ruined it

terra has the same amp as shadow

Shinn
09-21-2010, 06:55 PM
lol terra lance is 95 shadow is 85

WIpwns
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM
lol terra lance is 95 shadow is 85

oya forgot about the update x.x

lolwut
09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
miavii so hott, i saw u on redtube

MamaMiaYoe
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM

Terra has more amp than any other lances, but in nation war its range can ruin your scoring (aos on whatever) moment. And thats the only bad thing I can say about TERRA lance.

So why does Shadow have to go first than terra lance? For me lances serve as fillers. The effect of Shadowshot knockdown to lance knockdown is greater which helps in pvp (pk). Chances of knockdown favor shadowshot and then the lances (their cast speed primarily) follows to add pressure. But thats my opinion and I think yours will work too so that doesnt mean Im saying your setting - having a lance before shadowshot - is wrong.

MamaMiaYoe
09-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Im not a n3rd. LOL! I hope to be..atleast at school.. coz I have bad grades at some class which is why Im quitting. >.< If Neiro did and gave his departure gift. Then why cant I? I just want to help motivate the fa community because people tend to think FA's are under rated class and ....ahem* ahem*..2 shot materials. I use yahoo! wats ur problem! >:C

SilvusX
09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Chances of knockdown favor shadowshot and then the lances (their cast speed primarily) follows to add pressure. But thats my opinion and I think yours will work too so that doesnt mean Im saying your setting - having a lance before shadowshot - is wrong.

Nice guide, but that part is incorrect. Shadowshot is down effect which is different than knockback, and lance benefit from trusting arrow but shadowshot does not.

I'm not sure the difference of cast speed on shadowshot compare to lances, are they different in combo? if so, please enlighten me :)

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Nice guide, but that part is incorrect. Shadowshot is down effect which is different than knockback, and lance benefit from trusting arrow but shadowshot does not.

I'm not sure the difference of cast speed on shadowshot compare to lances, are they different in combo? if so, please enlighten me :)

Uh, its 1.3...so if lances are 40% + 30% with thrusting arrow. We should assume that its down effect is greater than shadow?? xD... were talking about its implications in pk here just so you wont get off track. I dont think so.. Youre correct if that goes to mob pve. I am exposed to facing other people in channel 15 almost everyday and to my observations dear distance and movement has to do something with the down effects these skills have and to my FA I see that shadow shot's 50% down more effective whatever distance whereas lances somehow knockdown only when enemy go and do things near you.

iNub
09-22-2010, 05:29 AM
From "OSM BATTLE" to "guide is outdated.", your text is gray making hard to read on the "Dark Vision" skin where my background is also gray lol.

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 05:39 AM
From "OSM BATTLE" to "guide is outdated.", your text is gray making hard to read on the "Dark Vision" skin where my background is also gray lol.
I darkened it even more, it should be all black now. My background is white >.<

I also need clarification about the rank up per 10 level quests. We dont get combo mode at level 10 anymore right? can someone update me with what was changed there? Plox. TY

chainlock
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Aura at 10, bm1 at 20, combo at 30.

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 09:45 AM
tyvm! :D

meep49
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
You should explain bm1... uses for pve/pvp some people make it a big controversy.

bored2010
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
bm1 is usless

meep49
09-22-2010, 02:55 PM
There seem to be people who think differant, it should be cleared up so people don't start big time fighting.

bored2010
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
it wont be a big time fight if people state their arguments clearly without the need to bash another
in the real world people have disagreements without calling each other names, lol.

Marth
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Oohawesome.

meep49
09-22-2010, 03:19 PM
True...but this is Cabal forum, people here bashing each other over differant opinons is too common, and those who are confused are left in the dark if not even more in the dark, no one here knows the techniques on how to "kindly argue" I think is what its called?

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 06:05 PM
True...but this is Cabal forum, people here bashing each other over differant opinons is too common, and those who are confused are left in the dark if not even more in the dark, no one here knows the techniques on how to "kindly argue" I think is what its called?

Arguing and trolling are entirely different . If readers know how to determine what kind of reply is a troll or argument with regards the topic then I believe there shouldnt be something to be confused about. :) I actually like it when people argue back on my statement and I answer them to the best of my knowledge. If something comes up in contradiction of my ways and how I understand things, I thoroughly see through it by trying or testing it ingame and sometimes these people have a good point and I will admitt they are right.

So as for the bm1 question, Im sorry if it wasnt included, but I would tell you now that the guide will be updated from time to time. I cannot cover everything at the moment but ill get there. Bm1 though, u have to know damage is being divided (lowered) depending how many target gets hit. It can be used in nation to stack with leg weapon. I have other things to say bout it but I'll save it for the guide.

SilvusX
09-22-2010, 06:50 PM
There seem to be people who think differant, it should be cleared up so people don't start big time fighting.

Bm1 is indeed useless in most of situation.

The original design of bm1 was allow us (FA) to shoot a single skill into 4 weaker version at different direction (or nearby targets). However, what makes bm1 bad compare to non bm is that, the weaker version of certain skill does not gain the full effect of the original skill. includes Area / Piercing, Critical Damage (and rate?).

If you toy around with bm1, you will see that

*gravity distortion does not stun in an area of "3" but instead only stuns 4 TARGET at reduced damage.
*Lances no longer pierces target, but instead shoots at 4 specific mob at lesser damage
*Critical Shot's skill bonus critical damage is completely removed upon activation of bm1

-> This eliminates any purpose in PVE, as area 2, 3 or even lance's pierce effect WILL hit more than 4 target.

-> At the same time, During war when you are attacking guardians, it'll split between guardian and the legacy core or w/e thus dealing less damage

-> The only benefit of having bm1 is at open pvp because the benefit of having high M atk and being able combo can be safer than bm2, as you do not get knockdown or stunned while comboing. Also the damage will not be spitted hitting single target.

################################################## ###########

To demonstrate my point, I've taken 3 screenshot of me using crit shot dealing critical damage without bm1, with bm1, and with bm1 splitting at various direction.

My apology for low quality screenshot as I was in an re-sized cabal windows mode while taking these.

Without bm
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1883/critshot.jpg

With bm1
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4373/cabalcritshotbm1notspli.jpg

with bm1 splitting into 3 - 4(?) target
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6307/critshotbm2split.jpg
2254(?)

meep49
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
nvm you fixed it =)

and the point of lower damage was proven.

But I thought all skill effects (stun, knockdown, down) were removed when bm1 activated? Maybe I wasnt paying attention when I played FA but then again its been really long time since I've played FA at a length of longer than an hour, even longer since I used bm1 on it.

SilvusX
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
nvm you fixed it =)

Yeep, I was looking at imageshack's thumbnail and it was kind of hard to tell the number, and I feel like fixing it so it would look nicer

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Effects of BM1, BM2, Aura and Special skill has been added to the guide. and the limit of Multi Shooter are four targets only.

and thanks for sharing that. :)

SilvusX
09-22-2010, 07:22 PM
nvm you fixed it =)

But I thought all skill effects (stun, knockdown, down) were removed when bm1 activated? Maybe I wasnt paying attention when I played FA but then again its been really long time since I've played FA at a length of longer than an hour, even longer since I used bm1 on it.

When I was testing it, the mob did not attack me for awhile while casting GD during bm1. So I assume stun was in place, I really don't know about knockdown though.

MamaMiaYoe
09-22-2010, 07:57 PM
it is only the piercing effect that gets removed and not knockdown.

ChinaEyez
09-25-2010, 05:26 AM
ty for the guide your my herrroooo!

Registering
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
At what point do you start raising crit shot, lances, and shadow shot past level 9? Right now I'm level 65 and I typically use: crit shot, fire lance, shadow shot in rotation and throw in explosion shot when the mobs are packed up tightly. All of them are at rank 9. I have a boat load of skill points (about 30/xxx into Master) saved up and the buffs are maxed for their level (except lower defense is at 12).

Also what kind of armors do you need to quickly grind LiD?

Edit:
Are there any new armors/weapons coming up soon from quests too? Money is really right. Right now I'm using a full +3 skill adept set (including lvl 40 jewelry). I also have the glove and helm from the quest helper quests which are pretty decent (+5 skill and some random stats).

MamaMiaYoe
09-30-2010, 12:19 PM
At what point do you start raising crit shot, lances, and shadow shot past level 9? Right now I'm level 65 and I typically use: crit shot, fire lance, shadow shot in rotation and throw in explosion shot when the mobs are packed up tightly. All of them are at rank 9. I have a boat load of skill points (about 30/xxx into Master) saved up and the buffs are maxed for their level (except lower defense is at 12).

Also what kind of armors do you need to quickly grind LiD?

Edit:
Are there any new armors/weapons coming up soon from quests too? Money is really right. Right now I'm using a full +3 skill adept set (including lvl 40 jewelry). I also have the glove and helm from the quest helper quests which are pretty decent (+5 skill and some random stats).

Stick with battle armor, the conversion comes in at 120 (in my opinion) coz thats when the forcy (at lvl 115) comes in. Lid shouldnt be hard with the proper combo setting. Do your quests, use those gear rewards to save money, just grind and dont worry about weapons/ and skill levels til you reach dual trans, so your skills should remain at 9 for now.

Jeazy
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
miavi why do you look like michael jackson

MamaMiaYoe
09-30-2010, 12:40 PM
miavi why do you look like michael jackson
I should ask you first why youre so horny about Jeazy-kun. O.O...before I answer that

ChinaEyez
10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Stick with battle armor, the conversion comes in at 120 (in my opinion) coz thats when the forcy (at lvl 115) comes in. Lid shouldnt be hard with the proper combo setting. Do your quests, use those gear rewards to save money, just grind and dont worry about weapons/ and skill levels til you reach dual trans, so your skills should remain at 9 for now.

can i just stick wit topaz or lapis 20%? my fa is 101 at teh moment. i dont think i can afford a forcium amp orb/crystal =/

YoungForum
10-02-2010, 12:29 AM
why do use sonic as a finisher in pvp Shooting star does way more damage, Especially 1on1 pvp an 9/10 times pk as well. although i wouldnt argue using sonic as a finisher in war especially in big ones. this of course being they are both at lvl 20.

MamaMiaYoe
10-02-2010, 10:03 AM
why do use sonic as a finisher in pvp Shooting star does way more damage, Especially 1on1 pvp an 9/10 times pk as well. although i wouldnt argue using sonic as a finisher in war especially in big ones. this of course being they are both at lvl 20.

It crits more for me even tho the stats wont say it, its just something I noticed, its cast time is also less though its not that huge of a difference (.5 only) it still have the advantage of allowing you to re-cycle your combo back to crit shot if in case it (finisher) doesnt crit.

Damage does not also decrease depending wat distance and amount of target so in PvP pk's its really an OK when ure hitting multiple enemies.

Registering
10-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Do you think I should use some extractors to set myself up for OSM Battle until I can afford the holy grail of forcium? I ignored my skill tiers when I was a newbie and will have about 80 wasted stats when I hit trans (I'm almost completer now).

Lelouch
10-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I disapprove of this guide, Neiros was better.

DoItOver
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Neiro is fake n g@y.

Prove me wrong

MamaMiaYoe
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Neiro is fake n g@y.

Prove me wrong

He was almost gunna be coz he is so emo and QQ's alot, then eventually he became one. When Julia dumped him...oh wait, he smexed changed too. thats y.

MamaMiaYoe
10-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Do you think I should use some extractors to set myself up for OSM Battle until I can afford the holy grail of forcium? I ignored my skill tiers when I was a newbie and will have about 80 wasted stats when I hit trans (I'm almost completer now).

You dont have to worry about extract pots, unless you already had your stats set to martial build...I suggest you finish your skill rank (maxed dual trans) at lvl 100. I believe there is no reason not to achieve that now that they allow every levels to gain skill exp on training dummies. You get more stats as your skill ranks up and you'll see by the time you get to 120 all these stats will allow you to decide on whatever gear build you want to convert to, whatever is added it will always lead you to the battle set (osm/tg, sig, and forcium) because thats the original FA build.

Forcium is great for pve but will never be good in pvp unless amped. If I cannot get my hands on a forcium amp, I wouldve not converted to that build and went martial. Its really up to your playing preference. I just happen to be a pk freak.

MamaMiaYoe
10-06-2010, 03:34 AM
can i just stick wit topaz or lapis 20%? my fa is 101 at teh moment. i dont think i can afford a forcium amp orb/crystal =/

For lower levels/tiers yeah it will work and is what I prefer as weapon choice until lvl 115, however wen u get to the 130+ range you'll start to notice the damage you inflict using these weapons against higher defense class (WA/FS) get low enough to give you quite a hard time in pvp situations. Worse case is when you get to 140 with those weapons, god bless you in nationwar and pk. Forcium amp/crit damage +6 and up are my preferred weapons for FA.
Topaz and Lapis will only be good (infact better than dual forcium orbs) if they are Perfect Craft/Extended 36% cdi (40/7) and combined with a forcium amp/cdi orb.

Registering
10-09-2010, 11:54 AM
What's your thoughts on maxing Shooting Star (20) and leaving Sonic Shooter at (9)? I think I read Star is better in PvP, and I don't have Sonic yet (40m+) but I heard someone say it's really nice in PvE.

I'm noticing my damage really fails in PvE at level 110 and it's a combination of horribly low damage and really small radius skills.

For AoEing I normally use:
Crit 20, Grav 9, Shadow 20, Shadow Cannon 12, Star 9 (fails pretty hard in PvE due to low damage and scatters the mobs everywhere)

For Bosses I throw Fire and Terra lance into the mix. I typically deal 1000-1200 crits to LS mobs with 600 int and white +0 Topaz orbs. I was hoping Sonic Shooter could help a bit since it's 3 radius.

MamaMiaYoe
10-10-2010, 03:51 AM
What's your thoughts on maxing Shooting Star (20) and leaving Sonic Shooter at (9)? I think I read Star is better in PvP, and I don't have Sonic yet (40m+) but I heard someone say it's really nice in PvE.

I'm noticing my damage really fails in PvE at level 110 and it's a combination of horribly low damage and really small radius skills.

For AoEing I normally use:
Crit 20, Grav 9, Shadow 20, Shadow Cannon 12, Star 9 (fails pretty hard in PvE due to low damage and scatters the mobs everywhere)

For Bosses I throw Fire and Terra lance into the mix. I typically deal 1000-1200 crits to LS mobs with 600 int and white +0 Topaz orbs. I was hoping Sonic Shooter could help a bit since it's 3 radius.

Never use shooting star in pve, especially out of combo. You said it yourself, it scatters. Canons hold enemy more effectively than lances, get 3 cannons and use it for the meantime if your damage is terrible. You have to use an effective stunlock combo. What you can do are 2 types

a 99% stunlock combo that can work is Gravity Distortion(9) >> Lightning Cannon(20) >> Poison Arrow(20) >> Shadow Shot(20) >> Stone Cannon(20) or
Gravity Distortion(9) >> Critical Shot (20) >> Shadow Shot(20) >> Lightining Cannon(20) >> Sonic Shooter (9 or 12)

Theres not gunna be any dps in those skill setting lances (PVP) will only work if you have amps and decent m.attack. Shooting deals more damage on one target but the damage is divided and decreased as you hit more target, whereas sonic's damage never change no matter how many.

and YES you can choose to have sonic at level 9 and shooting for lvl 20. :) just remember what I said above.

Registering
10-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Is there any difference between curse remove level 1 and 20? I haven't learned the skill and surprisingly this info isn't on the wiki.

LILCHAOLAO
10-18-2010, 06:30 AM
It lowers the MP usage every lvl

iNercy
10-18-2010, 06:46 AM
reading just one sentence from this guide made my eyes burn. so many bold letters and spacings :(

LILCHAOLAO
10-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Miavi you made a mistake in the level up bonuses. You get 2nd inventory at 100

MamaMiaYoe
10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Miavi you made a mistake in the level up bonuses. You get 2nd inventory at 100

tyvm

ForceHero
10-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Add a "recommended weapons" section :]

I Killed The Prom Queen
10-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Introduction.

The Force Archer or FA. Possible good and convincing words that come in our mind when we think about FA: Magic skill, Heal, Buffs, Range, Crit Rate/Damage, Bow and Guns, effective stunlock, effective knockback/down, FAST Cast Speed/ dps (Damage per second), AoE, Squishy. All of these words are facts about FA and what makes the class good with almost everything – pve, pvp, dungeon pt run/solo, nationwar, boss hunt/solo.
Force Archers are the only class that can use a special weapon called the Astral Bow. The Astral Bow adds +11 Magic Attack, + 31 Attack Rate and +11% Crit rate and +1 Range. I consider FA as the best supportive class because of its heal abilities that can prevent death. The FA class is both good in PvE and PvP terms if you just get to understand it more. Lets start!

FA Pros!

Magic based class.Having said that, we focus more on building int than str. We have moderate - high magic attack.

Enhanced healing abilities. We heal better than Force Shielders. We are the only class that can save others and even ourselves from death.

Possesses an Important role in a party. We can heal a whole party. We can remove curse buffs and enhance the party damage with our very own unique set of buff/skills.

Fast and strong AoE skills. Skills like Critical shot, Shadow shot, and a finishing Sonic Shooter have fast dps that can pierce through targets. We also have skills that can stun. A correct combination of these skills can result to a good offense strategy for both pvp and pve - We eliminate by using the skills speed and damage. Fast? How fast? For example, while wizards takes 1.8's cast time for lances, FA's only takes 1.3's and Knockback is also our expertise.

Has the best range among any other class. This is what makes FA unique among the rest. Astral bow and Eagle Eye each adds +1 range. Range makes grinding easier and leveling up faster. By developing a good stun lock combo a Force Archer can maintain a distance that can lessen the damage being taken from a target whether it be a mob or a person. It is also perceived that Range allows a FA to eliminatea melee target before they can even come near you.
FA Cons

HP has always been a problem with most FA. Whats even worse is that the defense is also low. Ranging an average from 650-730ish defense with Osmium gears at lvl 140 and up. So at often times it will be difficult. You can be 1 hit by a bladers bm2 skill, die easy in grind spots. Early low levels (below 120) is probably the toughest stage of FA life.

and....

Our Completer Skill Shooting Star is probably the weakest compared to other class in terms of pve against large numbers of mobs because damage is divided.

Moderate MP
Have quite a number of buffs including one Party buff [13 total but only 7 can be shared to other players]
Armors/Builds. 5 types. There are six types actually but I will just introduce five of which I think will work.

Osm Battle/Terra Grace – The equilibrium of all FA armor builds as what I call it – It’s a balanced build. Thus ideal for beginners. Ideal because theres an abundance of Perfect craft OSM armors out there and are relatively cheap compared to other possible FA armor builds. The defense may top 700 at +7 above which is just enough to allow one to withstand Mutant Forest and Pontus Ferrum mob damage and the magic attack gain can go higher as 1060 given the right orbs eppaulette and accessories.

Osm Martial – Some of us (well I think most) gives more interest in damage more than defense. Which is good thinking in the FA world. In PvE grinds/Boss Hunts Vamp replaces the purpose of defense – its easier to survive vamping and its recommended for mFA builds when grinding. Since we all know that the more int you have the more magic attack you get, this build allows one to grasp on more int and increase the damage. And to see our crits hit the thousands or higher makes us feel good don’t they? Well this build will make it even more possible than OSM battle. Quite expensive, but good.

Hybrid Martial – is a build in between OSM battle and OSM martial. It is when one slightly decrease his DEX and STR stats to an extent enough to wear battle boots like +8 Shadow Tit. +9 Titanium. There are two reasons why I think people go hybrid; One is because they don’t want to lose too much defense, -well I find that reason funny if that’s the case- BUT! To those people who view it as a cheaper and affordable option to get more magic attack and HP (fact: boots & gloves are expensive than suit, Titanium boots are cheaper to extend for hp add) then that’s good thinking. There is no way to look at defense with this build. It gives magic attack damage slightly less than Martial but more than Battle Osm build. Stat allocation:79 Str / X Int / 157 Dex

SIGmetal – is a build between OSM battle and Forcium. Works good for FA who works more for a supportive role. I also view this build as one perfect balanced end game build IF its Perfect crafted from the event because the defense gain is good (around 850-880 at 170) and HP. Remember when I said HP and Defense are cons of FA? Well this PC Sig build defies it. Stat allocation: 134 Str / X int / 268 Dex

Forcium – Does show great significance in PvE and Support Role Purpose. As one of my colleagues have stated in one of his self published guide “This is an unpopular build, and for good reason. It's build requires significantly lower magic attack”. I digress. I give myself as proof and evidence of why I contradict such statement - Miavii. They can say forcium amp is rare, it is expensive and not wise to purchase but they cannot say it requires significantly lower magic attack. It is not the Armor/Build that determines significant decrease or increase in magic attack. The orbs/crystals, accessories and eppaulette are the ones that makes this significant differentiation. Its possible for forcium to break 1100 magic attack (which I believe is good) at 160. The defense increase is what we can say significant (900-1k).

Skills – (creditted to EvilBunny some parts were modified) I still find EvilBunny’s FA skill guide helpful for reasons that it helps beginners of what to do rank by rank. This guide is what I used during my starting days and it helped me so I’ll share it. Some parts are modified since the guide is outdated.
I will suggest to get to the appropriate level and wear adept stuff so grinding will be faster.

Novice: Get Power Shot and Fire Arrow to 9. Combo with Power Shot, Magic Arrow and Fire Arrow until u get Power Shot and Fire Arrow to 9, where u can combo with just 2 skills. Get regeneration aswell. Upgrade Skill: Vitality Mastery. Get Dash from sword skills aswell.

Apprentice: Get Repulsive Armor and max it to 20 ASAP, its your first final buff. Get Critical Shot and drop Power Shot. Get buff: Precision to 20..

Regular: Get Explosion Shot, Fire Lance and Terra Lance and make them 9. Drop Magic Arrow and Fire Arrow. U can combo with Critical Shot(9) and Explosion Shot(9), or make them 12 and combo with 3 skills (use Fire/Terra Lance plus the other 2). Dont get Eagle Eye until u hit level 140 (Rank 15). Its a final buff but it cant stack with Vital Force (HP buff) so its better to leave it til u can stack both. Get Upgrade Skill: Drop Reflex and get Defensive Sense.

Expert: Get Stone Cannon to 9 and Lower Defense (Miavii side note: You might be forced to drop the cannons when you have insufficient stat points to master Sonic Shooter if you will pvp more in future). Lower Defense is a debuff great for PvP but u can get it to 9 if u dont have spare points. Eventually max it to 20. Lower Defense is also great for luring mobs cause it makes them agro. Some ppl like Poison Arrow cause it has Damage Over Time, but its kinda slow so its up to u. Get Upgrade Skill: Force Control.

A.Expert: This is where the fun starts. Get Shadow Shot, Mana Condense and Vital Force. Mana Condense and Vital Force are final buffs so u need them at 20. Drop Explosion Shot and replace it with Shadow Shot level 9 if u combo with 2 skills or level 12 if u combo with 3 skills. Get Sharpness to 20 if u plan to play more support (Miavii side note: don’t get it if you want to get party buff and curse remove at trans). At lvl 140, Sharpness stacks with Warrior and Bladers attack skills.

Master: Get Greater Heal to 20. Dont get Vital Bless until u hit 140. Its a final buff but it cant stack with Vital Force (HP buff). Dont get Resist Intention. Get Upgrade Skill: Reflex or leave it blank til G.Master skills so u can buy 2 G.Master upgrades instead.

G.Master: Get Gravity Distortion and make it 9. Get Art of Healing to 20. Upgrade Skill: U got many choices here. U can get Damage Absorb if mobs are hitting u too hard, Ruling Force if u need a damage boost, Sixth Sense if your Defense Rate is too low. I would go for Damage Absorb to make it safer. Later on u can buy them all but since u only have 5 upgrade slots, u need to choose just 1. If u left your Master slot free and got 2 free slots, u can get Damage Absorb plus Sixth Sense for safer PvE.

Transcender: Get Art of Sniping to 20 and Sonic Shooter to 20. Upgrade Skill: The last u didnt pick, I will go for Sixth Sense.

By this time u should have these following buffs and these magic attack skills: (miavii side notes: be sure to obtain and master Dash and fade on sword skill too, you’ll need it)

Repulsive Armor lvl20
Mana Condense lvl20
Vital Force lvl20
Greater Heal lvl20
Mass Heal lvl20
Art of Healing lvl20
Art of Sniping lvl20
Thrusting Arrow lvl20
Curse Remove lvl20
Lower Defense lvl20

Critical Shot lvl20
Shadow Shot lvl20
Gravity Distortion lvl9
Shooting Star lvl9
Sonic Shooter (lvl 20)

Upgrade Skills: Since u can only have 6, u have to pick from different upgrades. PvP wise, u want more defense and damage. PvE wise, u want more defense rate and defense.

PvE upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Defensive Sense
Force Ruling
Damage Absorb
Sixth Sense

PvP upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Force Ruling
Defensive Sense
Damage Absorb
Mana Upgrade
(Miavii side notes: Mana Upgrade can be a good choice for pvp (breaks 1.450 mp which is good to withstand fb mana freeze, but might take a lot of commitment on your side for losing defense rate. It is to replace Sixth Sense)

Skill Ranking UP gains

Magic
Novice -> Transcender, Total of;
+96 DEX
+96 INT
+270 HP
+540 MP

Sword
+96 DEX
+96 STR
+270 MP
+540 HP

Total gain of for dual transcender
+96 STR, + 96 INT, +192 DEX, +810 HP, +810 MP

CLASS RANK UP per 10 level.
Class rank Up
At every 10 levels, you are allowed to take a test to increase your class rank.
Class rank up is fairly important because you may gain stat increase and certain attractive rewards as you go along.
For example, after the Lv 140 test, you will be able to stack two of the same type buffs together.

Contributions made by Khayantos (cabalonline, 02-27-2008)

Level 10: Aura Mode possible

Level 20: Battle Mode 1 (Multi-Shooter) possible

Level 30: Combo possible

Level 40: Buff Time 50% UP
Battle Mode 1 + Aura Mode Possible

Level 50: Board Chain Attack Skill Level 1
Battle Mode 2 (Twin Gunner) Possible

Level 60: Battle Mode 2 + Aura Mode Possible
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 2

Level 70: HP Boost
Max HP UP (Values may vary depending on the Battle Style)
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 3

Level 80: Buff Time 100% UP
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 4

Level 90: Combo accessible in Aura Mode
Bike Chain Attack Skill Level 1

Level 100: Bike Chain Attack Skill Level 2 & 2nd Storage Inventory Access

~Promotional Quests for Lv. 110 or higher can be played only those who completed the War Clouds Quest group~

Level 110: Battle Mode 1 (Combo accessible)
Bike Chain Attack Skill Level 3
Second storage inventory unlocked

Level 120: Buff Time 150% UP
Buff Quantity Limit to 6

Level 130: Battle Mode 1 + Aura Mode (Combo accessible)
Buff Quantity Limit to 7

Level 140: 2 Identical series of Buff can be used and overlapped
Buff Quantity Limit to 8

Level 150: Buff Time 200% UP
Buff Quantity Limit to 9

Level 160: Buff Quantity Limit to 10

Level 170: 3 Identical series of Buff can be used and overlapped

Level 180: SP slot can be extended to 6 in line with sp increase

COMBO
PvP (duel)
Gravity Distortion is used for 3 ways. If it crits which eventually happens followed by crit shot critting as well. The dmge dealt is enough to beat a WA. (Fact: WA's are difficult to beat as FA provided they are well built), It also breaks/freeze a melee enemy's combo mode if it is casted earlier before they cast force kick at start of combo but happens rarely. Can be used to make ur melee opponent like BL (bladers) run and waste time as u cast it when they attack and get closer to you.

PvE -
Miavii's
GD>Crit Shot>Shadow>Terra>Fire>Aqua lance>Back to GD >>>> Sonic Shooter comes ONLY to finish them or IF a stray spawn appears and starts attacking you.

There are certain maps and grind spots that dont allow people to gather every mob in that area. PF Cornus spot is an example where mobs are everywhere and can be unnoticable. You might be grinding on top of that semi circle path and attract stray mobs at the bottom. If this happens sticking in combo mode wont be a good idea. Having 2 spells that stun really helps in this situation know to use them. Lastly Vamp is a must especially to FA's with lower defense like mFA's.

Aura, Battle Modes 1 & 2 and the special Skill

Aura Mode

Upon completion of level 10 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Aura. Battle Aura has 6 aura codes, which are Water, Ice, Fire, Lightning, Earth and Wind.
There is no stat difference between these Aura Codes, they're merely graphical appearance.
[For a guide to choose aura appearance, refer to this link http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?267-Aura-Selection]

For a Force Archer, Aura adds ATK, MATK, Def, Def rate, Atk rate, Crit rate, Crit damage and HP restore.
A maxed Lv 9 Aura adds +46 ATK, +70 MATK, +110 Def, +90 Def rate, +1000 Atk rate, +10% Crit rate, +10% Crit damage and HP restore +2 (per 2s).

Aura can be stacked with Battle Mode 1 and Battle Mode 2 at later levels.
Aura is the only mode that adds crit rate and crit damage.
Battle Mode 1

Upon completion of level 20 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Mode 1: Multi Shooter.
Multi Shooter adds ATK, MATK, Def, Def rate, Atk rate and HP restore.
A maxed Lv 8 Multi Shooter adds +75 ATK, +75 MATK, Defense +110, ATK rate +900, Def rate +80 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

It changes the limit of your attack spells to 1, regardless whatever spell it is. Piercing effect is also lost during Multi Shooter.
It splits a spell damage and hits a number of targets within range. A maximum of 4 targets only. A good skill to demonstrate this effect is Gravity Distortion. Lure ten mobs and you'll notice only four of those ten will get hit.
Battle Mode 2

Upon completion of level 50 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Mode 2: Twin Gunner.
A maxed Lv 6 Twin Gunner adds +120 ATK, +120 MATK, Defense +175, ATK rate +700, Def rate +60 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

Things to know about Twin Gunner.

It is one of the few Battle Modes that promote the use of normal attack.
During Twin Gunner, normal attack is based on Magic Attack and a certain amount of added damage is included when normal attack is used.
Up to two targets can be attacked at the same time and at any direction within the FA's point of range.
The resulting damage is actually broken up into a series of shots but most wont realize this aspect when they activate auto-attack or spam normal attack.
Shooting Star can be used this time for this battle mode.
FA Battle Mode Skill: Fatal Shot

This special skill only hits 1 target. It is based on magic attack and a certain amount of added damage is included.
The skill has 2 secondary effects which are HP down by 20 and Down.
Unfortunately the skill is not that good enough to deal serious damage hence FA's at higher levels would disregard its use.

my GOD did u write all of that?..... awesome =D

MamaMiaYoe
12-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Observe FA range. "Kill them before they reach you"
Observe how Vamp makes up for the Defense loss.
Observe effects of dps speed and the pressure it implements on the victims.
Observe what happens when you tank as FA.
Observe the power of heal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp5NkE88Ikw&feature=player_embedded

I am not the perfect or best FA :) I will never say that (although I still brag to be the sexiest FA that ever lived in Cabal North America) I am a big fan of force archers and like everyone my knowledge about the class is limited <3
This video is made for entertainment but then I realize upon observing carefully some events that shows what disadvantage and advantages FA have. Dont listen to the music, dont look at my damage, or my FA's posings (obviously theyre hot). I want you to look at the events in certain situations like fighting against alot of people.

Dash on Combo - Very important when chasing and keeping up the combo meter but in a "you vs 2 to 5" situation? Do you think is it worth attempting considering that people may hit you 700-900 or 1k+ to higher levels? to Martial FA's?
Can your defense withstand it? NO What about HP? :D Think think think

Tanking - good or bad vs people? think think think! :D - does the FA as a support type notion apply to this?
-"Stay behind, let them tank."

Lastly Battle vs Martial FA. Is it really worth arguing that one is better or preferred over the other, when weve seen previous FA's (Im sure you know who these people from previous and current cabal are) show their awesomeness?
I tried both sides >.< not to brag but I still hurt and kill players and mobs. Stop the argument, support the class as one.

MamaMiaYoe
12-02-2010, 05:41 AM
Gasp* why worse? is it just because I dumped you when you tried hitting on me long long time ago when you were still playing or becuz you got banned? o.o You have to move on Lethal, you hacked and cheated and you cannot have an ingame relationship it just doesnt work, and ure not my type >.< but most of all you cannot deny that youre still miserable because youre still in forum hoping for a miracle to happen.

lArrowl
12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Pretty good vid

ForumHavoc
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM
MIa was i that panda/pumpkin head wiz? O_O. nvm. Peng + candy skin. Pretty sure it's me. XD. Oh and i kinda see my name in pt. lol.

I remember that day, me and snutz were killing each other. xD

NewEra
12-12-2010, 09:32 PM
I for one like FA,but am a FB type....FA bm2 guns i like em cuz they fast in pvp war pk and pve>when you crit lets say 2kcrit now that x2~xthe speed of the guns,its very amazing nice FA guide BTW keep it up wish to be good as you when i finish FB.

Dexodus
12-16-2010, 06:07 PM
thanks, I found this guide helpful. :D

MamaMiaYoe
12-16-2010, 07:48 PM
MIa was i that panda/pumpkin head wiz? O_O. nvm. Peng + candy skin. Pretty sure it's me. XD. Oh and i kinda see my name in pt. lol.

I remember that day, me and snutz were killing each other. xD

Yeah it was crazy coz I have the tendency to press retarget "z" button and everytime I hit one of you guys I just totally let go and break my combo if u watch the video closely xD

@Dexodus
Im glad it helped, its just all the basics u have to know about FA.

Drew
12-16-2010, 10:56 PM
what are your accessories? from ammy down to the bracelets.

i might have failed seeing the answer to that question in between the pages of this long thread (or in other threads) if you have already told this. But can you tell us what you use? thanks.

MamaMiaYoe
12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
what are your accessories? from ammy down to the bracelets.

i might have failed seeing the answer to that question in between the pages of this long thread (or in other threads) if you have already told this. But can you tell us what you use? thanks.

I did not include any gears here. We all have our different opinion when it comes to gears. If you want to see mine, its should be posted on my official Blog site, link is on my sig.

Lelouch
12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I did not include any gears here. We all have our different opinion when it comes to gears. If you want to see mine, its should be posted on my official Blog site, link is on my sig.

Thats because you don't have any of your "own" gear, we all know you barrow from haniel

MamaMiaYoe
12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Thats because you don't have any of your "own" gear, we all know you barrow from haniel

LOL! You dont know what youre talking about. >.> *Han I hope youre reading this (Im sure you are! xDDDD) * LOL

InvalidUser
12-17-2010, 09:38 PM
What happened to the phack u video you dedicated to lethal hm?
Scurred

Mat
12-17-2010, 10:15 PM

if haniel turned into a sh.itty geared 14x fa then yeah maybe :)

Mrshoveit
12-27-2010, 07:21 AM
fa r one of the best my 130 beat a 150 wa and 143 wiz

ibez_trogdor
12-28-2010, 03:05 PM
I looked at your blog and your gears, I believe that page isn't updated.

MamaMiaYoe
01-01-2011, 07:41 PM
It is updated. >< I try to be on the most dangerous defense state and defy the rumors that says its hard and useless, to prove that no matter what build you put me to, I can manage to control my FA.

ibez_trogdor
01-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Ahh alright.

Ok, nub question...

How do you feel about an 8% rate helm vs 16% rate helm?
And 15/24helm or 7/40 helm?

MamaMiaYoe
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
no. Not a noob question actually I think im gunna give a complex answer xDDDD.

I have 44% crit rate and dunno if you saw some of my pk videos and observe how much crit I do but I'd say its just about right. There are times when I do stand up pvp and get all skills to crit and also times when I get only one crit out of the 5 skills ill cast. When Im in pk/nw the crits in combo are enough to beat/kill most people. Im using a 7/40 helm untl now, and im loving it.. But thats me.

But if we were to ask a FA like phantast1c 56% crit rate? But still a deadly crit machine what will he have to say? its gunna be an argument.
I try to advice FA's to work on their magic attack instead of rate because I see that as a common denominator among all those beast FA's weve seen ingame and in forums its the HURT FACTOR. Your FA damage is going to fail if u have all this rate but lack the magic attack. Not to mention his gears are rare, mines more ideal and abundant.

I have 1161 magic attack w/ 44% rate.Not my intention to brag but Ive seen myself do some serious damage over others and I dont have any problem with rate. So I go for 7/40 damage helm :)

ibez_trogdor
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Hmm... So for the avg FA that can't get their hands on a potential 7/40 or SeH, 8% rate craft or 16% dmg craft?

MamaMiaYoe
01-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Go for the 16%

AbandonAllHope
01-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the guide I got to 108 in 3 weeks and this really helped me save money on skills :D

EvilRage
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
So Miiavi ~~ I have a question. Let's say you wanna go all amp right; by that I mean boots, gloves, suits, and both orbs. (I'm talkin about mFA). How would you possibly gain 3k+ hp if all your gears are filled with amp and (rate , dmg) in helm.

chainlock
01-05-2011, 09:51 PM
So Miiavi ~~ I have a question. Let's say you wanna go all amp right; by that I mean boots, gloves, suits, and both orbs. (I'm talkin about mFA). How would you possibly gain 3k+ hp if all your gears are filled with amp and (rate , dmg) in helm.

The same way any other FA does it. AoB+9, +2-7 earrings, +7 epaulet, BoV, 7/50 suit, hp rune.

Drew
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM

not miavi and am not pretending to be him/her...u don't get hp from gloves, helms and orbs anyway. if u have the crafted 7% mamp 100hp suit. u still gain 50hp from what is common out there. The rub's in the boots --- i rarely see a 7% mamp 100hp crafted (best i've seen are 5% ones or the sig.m from event if u splurged for perm), so if u go all amp here, for all intent and purpose, u stand to lose 100hp. But u can easily recover those from either vamp/force regen earrs +5 or +6, or from vital belt, or from hp rune, easliy max'able giving u about 200+ hp bonus.

I'm at 150, not the best and ideal i supposed, but i have 3.2k hp. Now if u mean 4k+ hp? I have no idea thus far yet. Ill answer you when i get there^^ by the way, i'm assuming that u maxed out ur hp upgrade skill and that u know u get a bit of an hp everytime u level up^^

Drew
01-05-2011, 10:14 PM
something confuses me...if u, im talking to Miavi lol, have a 7/40 helm, shouldn't u have 51 rate?

i' using just the 16 dmg pc crafted helm but my rate's 44. We do get 11% from forci astral weaps, right? and u did post on ur blog/siggy that u use merg, rol+1, 2x cr+2, and none of ur forci orbs have rate...so?

unless...u took off the rol+1 and have 3% rate from pet lol (it's possible) and instead use another cr+2 (awesome cd!) or ros+9/10 (hence ur high mattk). So which one is it?

MamaMiaYoe
01-06-2011, 05:13 AM
not miavi and am not pretending to be him/her...u don't get hp from gloves, helms and orbs anyway. if u have the crafted 7% mamp 100hp suit. u still gain 50hp from what is common out there. The rub's in the boots --- i rarely see a 7% mamp 100hp crafted (best i've seen are 5% ones or the sig.m from event if u splurged for perm), so if u go all amp here, for all intent and purpose, u stand to lose 100hp. But u can easily recover those from either vamp/force regen earrs +5 or +6, or from vital belt, or from hp rune, easliy max'able giving u about 200+ hp bonus.

I'm at 150, not the best and ideal i supposed, but i have 3.2k hp. Now if u mean 4k+ hp? I have no idea thus far yet. Ill answer you when i get there^^ by the way, i'm assuming that u maxed out ur hp upgrade skill and that u know u get a bit of an hp everytime u level up^^

My mistake for saying 7/40 helm xD just realized 7 rate 40 damage >.< Thats not my helm, Your helm is my helm and +9 :) although I do remember someone who has "a big name" here in forums arguing with me that its the same LOL. Stupid guy got me convinced, guess im stupid too. My rate is 44%.

I have mastered my HP rune, I have aob +8 not 9, I have force regen earing +6, mastered hp upgrade (ofcourse!) you get +2 hp per level and my boots is just not amp but it has hp in it. and I dont use it in war and stand up pvp - I use 240 will boots. I also dont use k-red board all the time, I have k-black if I wanted +75 more hp.

MamaMiaYoe
01-06-2011, 05:23 AM

The only parts you can fill with hp are your boots and suit. I might extend my PC 100 hp 7 amp suit to get + 80 more hp but for now its not extended,
My +7 tit boots already has +80 hp >.< and like I said on my previous post, I have mastered my HP rune, maxed my HP upgrade and got a pair of earings, a bracelet, a battler amulet, a cape and +4 vital belt that adds hp.

and i need to get to honor rank 16, and extend my suit to break 4k. >.< which im working on.

Oh and that PC amp boots too if I find one. I think if u extend something like that (+180 hp) it'd be good for FA.

EvilRage
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
So basically, in order to go full amp and have a 4k plus hp, you must extend your boots, suits??

Well, if you go Osm m.amp boots, It's gonna take you more than 1 bill to extend it o.o

And so far, I never seen a pc boots for FA...

Drew
01-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Your helm is my helm and +9 :)... My rate is 44%

just as i thought, ty for clarifying. also, with our helms it's just 36cd, not 40 so how can that guy tell u they're the same lol.

now my question to u is this: what would u do with a seh (take note, just 1), will you

1. use it on the battlesuit to get 180hp total?
2. use it on the helm to hope for a random rate on the 3rd slot?
3. use it on the helm and just get 41cd and run away with it
4. use it on boots to get +80 hp (basically 1 or 4 has the same overall effect)

Any suggestion?

Zheme
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM
nice guids and thanks :)
btw will there be enough points in the end to support skills to level 18 or 20 because then they require more. I mean im only regular(almost expert) and i have only few skill points because i have 2 level 18 buffs and critical shot level 18 which i need 20 more points for to get it to 20, but might keep it at 18. and also 40 points for the 2 buffs. and then getting fire lance to 20 will cost a lot and other buffs and skills later on.

P.S - Does skilling get slower as u go on? idk if its true but it seems like the bar is going a lot less up after every hit for regular ---> expert than i seen from apprentice -----> Regular

Drew
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
there will be...only on the final skills which count

i have sharpness still ^^ at lv9 just as a support buff

PS - use adept set

MamaMiaYoe
01-07-2011, 05:23 PM
just as i thought, ty for clarifying. also, with our helms it's just 36cd, not 40 so how can that guy tell u they're the same lol.

Oh you'll be srprised if you find out who that person is. But I wont tell who he is we are both in good terms right now.

I will choose, 1. No matter how huge your magic attack damage is, if youre hp is low. You can still end up getting 2-3 hit/ or get outhealed.
I will never extend a helm to 41%, never do that its a waste >.<

Sabuvok
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
How would you rank lvl 20 sonic shooter and lvl 9 shooting star dps compared with lvl 20 lances + critshot and shadow? (assuming 1 target)

Also, a question about crit shot.
My fa is lvl 108 atm, and im curious why everybody says crit shot has the best dps. From what ive seen so far (in pve i think) it does 900 non crits and 3k crits, compared with my terra lance which does 1.2k non crits 2.9k crits. Is the reason people say its dps is the best entirely based off its crit damage? beucase if it doesnt crit, it costs you much more than it gives you when it crits

MamaMiaYoe
01-08-2011, 10:26 AM
How would you rank lvl 20 sonic shooter and lvl 9 shooting star dps compared with lvl 20 lances + critshot and shadow? (assuming 1 target)

Also, a question about crit shot.
My fa is lvl 108 atm, and im curious why everybody says crit shot has the best dps. From what ive seen so far (in pve i think) it does 900 non crits and 3k crits, compared with my terra lance which does 1.2k non crits 2.9k crits. Is the reason people say its dps is the best entirely based off its crit damage? beucase if it doesnt crit, it costs you much more than it gives you when it crits

IMO we may have AoE skills but arent comparable to wizards AoE not to mention their stun, thus making this FA stunlock in combo process dangerous when youre gunna do solo grind in your future level. The stunlock combo Lv. 20 or 18 lances/cannons + Lvl. 9 Sonic or Shooting may help you in certain grind spots but it gets difficult in grind spots like pf and pI, dps wise ofcourse having a lvl 9 shooting star as a part of that combo set will yield better dps than a maxed finisher skill. But Im sorry to say this, lvl 9 shooting star is stupid >.> lvl 9 sonic might still be acceptable since its stun is of use. But why will you lvl 9 shooting star? when it scatters the mobs and has 3 seconds cast time? you'll realize what im saying when you get to solo grind in Porta Inferno or some dungeon like FT someday at some point. You can use Shooting Star when ure grinding with a party, but when the mobs are all focused on you its a very dangerous skill to use.

Yes crit shot is for crit. they say it has good dps because its as fast (1.3 seconds of castng time) as the lances.
Critical shot is an amp based skill though. Try using amp orb and crit orb. compare crit damage of amp orb to crit orb - amp will always make it crit harder.

MamaMiaYoe
01-08-2011, 10:38 AM
The crit damage of shooting star to one target is fatal but its 3 seconds cast time can also kill you which is why I stronly suggest maxing it and using it as a finisher skill only.

Sabuvok
01-08-2011, 09:28 PM
IMO we may have AoE skills but arent comparable to wizards AoE not to mention their stun, thus making this FA stunlock in combo process dangerous when youre gunna do solo grind in your future level. The stunlock combo Lv. 20 or 18 lances/cannons + Lvl. 9 Sonic or Shooting may help you in certain grind spots but it gets difficult in grind spots like pf and pI, dps wise ofcourse having a lvl 9 shooting star as a part of that combo set will yield better dps than a maxed finisher skill. But Im sorry to say this, lvl 9 shooting star is stupid >.> lvl 9 sonic might still be acceptable since its stun is of use. But why will you lvl 9 shooting star? when it scatters the mobs and has 3 seconds cast time? you'll realize what im saying when you get to solo grind in Porta Inferno or some dungeon like FT someday at some point. You can use Shooting Star when ure grinding with a party, but when the mobs are all focused on you its a very dangerous skill to use.

Yes crit shot is for crit. they say it has good dps because its as fast (1.3 seconds of castng time) as the lances.
Critical shot is an amp based skill though. Try using amp orb and crit orb. compare crit damage of amp orb to crit orb - amp will always make it crit harder.

Sorry if i was misunderstood, but what i meant was rank their dps, not in that certain combination, but as a skill by itself.
e.g. crit shot > terra > shadow shot> fire > aqua
what i meant was, in that ranking, where would sonic shooter and shooting star (at those lvls) fit in?

I know crit shot hits harder, i was just curious why people would think so highly of it when it does so little damage non crit.
assuming you crit exactly half the time, crit shot would lower your average dps...

chainlock
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Use these.

http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?t=137555
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthr...racter+builder

MamaMiaYoe
01-09-2011, 04:18 AM
Sorry if i was misunderstood, but what i meant was rank their dps, not in that certain combination, but as a skill by itself.
e.g. crit shot > terra > shadow shot> fire > aqua
what i meant was, in that ranking, where would sonic shooter and shooting star (at those lvls) fit in?

I know crit shot hits harder, i was just curious why people would think so highly of it when it does so little damage non crit.
assuming you crit exactly half the time, crit shot would lower your average dps...

the fact that crit shot raises crit rate. So it would crit more than any other FA skill.

And SS/Sonic always comes last (Finishers).

Sabuvok
01-09-2011, 09:13 AM
nvm lol

about lvl 9 shooting star being stupid... you said to put it as lvl 9 in your guide lol
would you recommend lvl 20 sonic and shooting star? mainly for war and pvp

thanks for the calcs chainlock

MamaMiaYoe
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
nvm lol

about lvl 9 shooting star being stupid... you said to put it as lvl 9 in your guide lol
would you recommend lvl 20 sonic and shooting star? mainly for war and pvp

thanks for the calcs chainlock
fix'd
Yes.

Kratos
01-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Ok, i have two questions about your guide, which is very good btw;

1. I don't know how you could have all those skills and max them all (besides Gravity Distortion, Vital Bless) cuz i've got the same final skills and buffs/debuffs as you and i still have Shooting Star lvl9 and Curse Remove lvl15 to max even thou i deleted sharpness (which does nothing for my FA). So, should i deleted a debuff (blind or lower def) do we really need the two of them and some other buff?

2. Why am i maxing Shooting Star when nowhere in your guide states whether in pve or pvp to use it? If Sonic Shooter lvl20 is the finisher in pvp then what is Shooting Star lvl20 or any lvl Shooting Star used for?

Chris
01-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Ok, i have two questions about your guide, which is very good btw;

1. I don't know how you could have all those skills and max them all (besides Gravity Distortion, Vital Bless) cuz i've got the same final skills and buffs/debuffs as you and i still have Shooting Star lvl9 and Curse Remove lvl15 to max even thou i deleted sharpness (which does nothing for my FA). So, should i deleted a debuff (blind or lower def) do we really need the two of them and some other buff?

2. Why am i maxing Shooting Star when nowhere in your guide states whether in pve or pvp to use it? If Sonic Shooter lvl20 is the finisher in pvp then what is Shooting Star lvl20 or any lvl Shooting Star used for?

ok look.
1. Shooting star is a crappy skill to use on mobs, the more mobs it hits, the more the damage gets split between mobs, there should be no reason for it to be level 9, because you WILL NOT be spamming it in pve.

2. Why would you have blind

Kratos
01-20-2011, 08:58 AM
So, put it to lvl20 and use it for what since we cant use it in pve and sonic shooter is already a finisher in pvp? and thanks i'll delete blind then...

chainlock
01-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Sonic shooter does less damage than shooting star for pvp, just keep sonic as a pve skill since it has a 100% stun lock.

http://www.xfire.com/video/3572de/

Chris
01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
you could keep it lvl 9 for pve if you wish, but i dont need a stun in pve, iim always with a party, sonic is my backup for when shooting star fails to do its job, or when theres already a huge mob of procs infront of me in war and i just want a finisher... and since shooting star splits the dmg sonic shooters the next best thing. idc for sonic at lvl 9, lvl 20 ftw, 105% amp.. the dmg isnt as great as shooting stars, but when your in war, and its going to hit like 10 guys to begin with, yeahhh sonic shooter will be a lot stronger xD

Chris
01-20-2011, 11:59 AM
im speaking solely from a nationwar/boss hunting/dungeon running FA btw, leveling in PI solo yeah lvl 9 sonic ftw..actually the only reason i cant solo PI is because its at lvl 20, but then again spamming a level 9 skill that takes longer to cast then lances would be pewp exp anyways, which is why i go with a partner so i can just spam my dps skills :D

chainlock
01-20-2011, 12:02 PM
In dungeons I use that exact same stun combo, it keeps the entire party from getting hit by anything but the bosses. The only time I can see level 20 sonic being useful is in war in a massive mob.

priest
01-20-2011, 12:46 PM
ahm well as i use in the dungeon skills..( only for dungeon and hunting )
lvl 20 sonic shooter 1st key / shooting start lvl 10 2nd key/ gravity lvl 9 3rd key/ crit shot lvl 20 4th key and last drilled lvl 9.
it will reaches and cast 5 skills if you use the auto attack..
for me its good..coz it reaches until 5 skills to cast.

DivineWrath
01-20-2011, 02:21 PM
im speaking solely from a nationwar/boss hunting/dungeon running FA btw, leveling in PI solo yeah lvl 9 sonic ftw..actually the only reason i cant solo PI is because its at lvl 20, but then again spamming a level 9 skill that takes longer to cast then lances would be pewp exp anyways, which is why i go with a partner so i can just spam my dps skills :D

lol FA lvl fast regardless

jone
01-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Miavii, I’d just like to say, thank you.
This guide has taught me just about everything I need to know about Force Archer’s.
Hopefully, with the much appreciated help from this guide, I will be able to succeed in maling my dream FA.

Drew
02-02-2011, 01:38 AM
I will never extend a helm to 41%, never do that its a waste >.<

ok fair 'nuf...

but what about this?

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/340/tghelm.jpg

it's potential 40% cd...better than the 36% osm we're stuck with, and +6 tg > +9 osm, def/rate-wise.
worth a seh now?

MamaMiaYoe
02-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Yes.

Chris
02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Yes.

i wouldnt pay 1bill+ for a slot extender to gain a couple defense points and 4% CDI, its probably a waste. if i were to extend anything it would be a 7/40 because all the money you put into a helmet like that stays worth it in the end...in terms of a single slot PC TG though, good luck selling it after :P i definately wouldnt mind having one though, i was going to buy one that was already extended but i didnt because i thought to myself "What if i want to re sell it, who would pay to transfer this+extra money as profit" so ye im stuck with my 36 dmg helm unless i can get myself a 7/34 for cheap, i'd most likely just jump straight to 7/40 though, the extra 7 rate isnt as needed for me at the moment, becasue when i have no rate rings with a leg+aura im at 47% rate, and im an nwar char so im running around w/o rate rings all the time. :D

DivineWrath
02-02-2011, 02:44 PM
i wouldnt pay 1bill+ for a slot extender to gain a couple defense points and 4% CDI, its probably a waste. if i were to extend anything it would be a 7/40 because all the money you put into a helmet like that stays worth it in the end...in terms of a single slot PC TG though, good luck selling it after :P i definately wouldnt mind having one though, i was going to buy one that was already extended but i didnt because i thought to myself "What if i want to re sell it, who would pay to transfer this+extra money as profit" so ye im stuck with my 36 dmg helm unless i can get myself a 7/34 for cheap, i'd most likely just jump straight to 7/40 though, the extra 7 rate isnt as needed for me at the moment, becasue when i have no rate rings with a leg+aura im at 47% rate, and im an nwar char so im running around w/o rate rings all the time. :D

buy my 7/34 :P

Liever
02-02-2011, 08:38 PM
buy my 7/34 :P

Sell me your 7/34 xD
Just sayin' haha

chainlock
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL but yeah, FA is one of "those classes" where every little bit counts, every little "extra 5 dmg per shot" and "extra 5 less dmg taken per shot" and "every 20 hp left after a fight" is needed, and "every hp auto heal" is a necessity. a WA or FS can live without it, but its a class like an FA that NEEDS all those things. on my warrior i can say "forget upgrading from s.tit to shineguard, i dont need that extra 18 defense" but on my FA im definately making the swap once viento crafts me them, because every little thing counts on this class. of course if i were a warrior i could say "forget paying 500mill for 18 defense, i'll put it towards other better things just cuz i can" but an FA cant say that, the FAs that do say that are the FAs that blow, and theres a LOT of those on this game.

????

DivineWrath
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Sell me your 7/34 xD
Just sayin' haha

xD your on merc

Liever
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
xD your on merc
Pffft. xD I have a friend over in Venus right now :P

Matiel
02-05-2011, 12:23 PM
What build is best for a FA in like t1 or t2 :P

DivineWrath
02-06-2011, 05:17 AM
Pffft. xD I have a friend over in Venus right now :P

lol tell him/her to pm me

MamaMiaYoe
02-06-2011, 07:20 PM
What build is best for a FA in like t1 or t2 :P

Battle. Especially for beginners.

Kratos
02-07-2011, 08:13 AM
I got two questions....

1. Aren't cannons better for pve, more aoe and knockback together with gravity distortion = more control in dungeons and grinding spots? If they are how come you haven't added them in your final skills list?

2. How come Shooting Star lv20 is better than Sonic Shooter lv20 vs one opponent(pvp) or mob(pve) and sonic shooter has more amp and more magic attack than shooting star?

DivineWrath
02-07-2011, 12:47 PM
I got two questions....

1. Aren't cannons better for pve, more aoe and knockback together with gravity distortion = more control in dungeons and grinding spots? If they are how come you haven't added them in your final skills list?

2. How come Shooting Star lv20 is better than Sonic Shooter lv20 vs one opponent(pvp) or mob(pve) and sonic shooter has more amp and more magic attack than shooting star?

i found lances were better in pve because they were so much faster. and shooting is better than sonic, because its a yellow text skill...

MamaMiaYoe
02-08-2011, 03:39 PM
I got two questions....

1.Yes they are but ever since Sonic - the new attack skill- was added, I noticed that, it also works, like divine said its even more faster using lances as long as theyre in between GD and Sonic.

2. I was surprised too when I found out about it. But then if u realize the pro's and cons of both skills make things balanced. Sonic may be weaker, but the max amount AoE dmge dont change unlike shooting stars.

i found lances were better in pve because they were so much faster. and shooting is better than sonic, because its a yellow text skill...

Shooting is only better for 1 on 1 .

Drew
02-08-2011, 04:47 PM
sstar --- dmg gets dissipated on aoe, no stun, but good kb
sonic --- lower dmg but doesn't dissipate in aoe, good stun

cannons --- area advantage, hence, good aoe, higher kb
lances --- shorter cast (0.2 dif is a lot! lol)

i personally prefer lances and ss as finisher for pvp,
cannons, gd, sonic as stunlock for pve

DivineWrath
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Shooting is only better for 1 on 1 .

its better on 3 targets or less

MamaMiaYoe
02-09-2011, 02:31 AM
its better on 3 targets or less

hope ure not talking bout pk because thats really a bad idea.

DivineWrath
02-10-2011, 01:08 AM
hope ure not talking bout pk because thats really a bad idea.

didnt think my msg was replying to anything concerning pk, but maybe im wrong...

annoy
03-02-2011, 07:31 AM
miavii scary...you 2 shot my 139 aod fs when you were in bm2 QQ

YAWN_0
03-03-2011, 02:37 PM
my lovely miiavi wat happen to ur blog???

MamaMiaYoe
03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
^
^
under construction im experimenting on a new layout design for it >.<

@annoy
I dont think I 2 shot any FS on aod yet, can destroy it but I dont recall doing 2 shot kill

IcyWave
05-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Introduction.

FA Pros!

FA Cons

and....

Moderate MP
Armors/Builds. 5 types. There are six types actually but I will just introduce five of which I think will work.

Forcium – Does show great significance in PvE and Support Role Purpose. As one of my colleagues have stated in one of his self published guide “This is an unpopular build, and for good reason. It's build requires significantly lower magic attack”. I digress. I give myself as proof and evidence of why I contradict such statement - Miavii. They can say forcium amp is rare, it is expensive and not wise to purchase but they cannot say it requires significantly lower magic attack. It is not the Armor/Build that determines significant decrease or increase in magic attack. The orbs/crystals, accessories and eppaulette are the ones that makes this significant differentiation. Its possible for forcium to break 1100 magic attack (which I believe is good) at 160. The defense increase is what we can say significant (900-1k).

Repulsive Armor lvl20
Mana Condense lvl20
Vital Force lvl20
Greater Heal lvl20
Mass Heal lvl20
Art of Healing lvl20
Art of Sniping lvl20
Thrusting Arrow lvl20
Curse Remove lvl20
Lower Defense lvl20

Critical Shot lvl20
Shadow Shot lvl20
Gravity Distortion lvl9
Shooting Star lvl20
Sonic Shooter (lvl 20)

PvE upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Defensive Sense
Force Ruling
Damage Absorb
Sixth Sense

PvP upgrades:
Vitality Mastery
Force Control
Force Ruling
Defensive Sense
Damage Absorb
Mana Upgrade
(Miavii side notes: Mana Upgrade can be a good choice for pvp (breaks 1.450 mp which is good to withstand fb mana freeze, but might take a lot of commitment on your side for losing defense rate. It is to replace Sixth Sense)

Skill Ranking UP gains

Magic
+96 DEX
+96 INT
+270 HP
+540 MP

Sword
+96 DEX
+96 STR
+270 MP
+540 HP

Total gain of for dual transcender
+96 STR, + 96 INT, +192 DEX, +810 HP, +810 MP

CLASS RANK UP per 10 level.
Class rank Up
At every 10 levels, you are allowed to take a test to increase your class rank.
Class rank up is fairly important because you may gain stat increase and certain attractive rewards as you go along.
For example, after the Lv 140 test, you will be able to stack two of the same type buffs together.

Contributions made by Khayantos (cabalonline, 02-27-2008)

Level 10: Aura Mode possible

Level 20: Battle Mode 1 (Multi-Shooter) possible

Level 30: Combo possible

Level 40: Buff Time 50% UP
Battle Mode 1 + Aura Mode Possible

Level 50: Board Chain Attack Skill Level 1
Battle Mode 2 (Twin Gunner) Possible

Level 60: Battle Mode 2 + Aura Mode Possible
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 2

Level 70: HP Boost
Max HP UP (Values may vary depending on the Battle Style)
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 3

Level 80: Buff Time 100% UP
Board Chain Attack Skill Level 4

Level 90: Combo accessible in Aura Mode
Bike Chain Attack Skill Level 1

Level 100: Bike Chain Attack Skill Level 2 & 2nd Storage Inventory Access

~Promotional Quests for Lv. 110 or higher can be played only those who completed the War Clouds Quest group~

Level 110: Battle Mode 1 (Combo accessible)
Second storage inventory unlocked

Level 120: Buff Time 150% UP
Buff Quantity Limit to 6

Level 130: Battle Mode 1 + Aura Mode (Combo accessible)
Buff Quantity Limit to 7

Level 140: 2 Identical series of Buff can be used and overlapped
Buff Quantity Limit to 8

Level 150: Buff Time 200% UP
Buff Quantity Limit to 9

Level 160: Buff Quantity Limit to 10

Level 170: 3 Identical series of Buff can be used and overlapped

Level 180: SP slot can be extended to 6 in line with sp increase

COMBO
PvP (duel)
Gravity Distortion is used for 3 ways. If it crits which eventually happens followed by crit shot critting as well. The dmge dealt is enough to beat a WA. (Fact: WA's are difficult to beat as FA provided they are well built), It also breaks/freeze a melee enemy's combo mode if it is casted earlier before they cast force kick at start of combo but happens rarely. Can be used to make ur melee opponent like BL (bladers) run and waste time as u cast it when they attack and get closer to you.

PvE -
Miavii's
GD>Crit Shot>Shadow>Terra>Fire>Aqua lance>Back to GD >>>> Sonic Shooter comes ONLY to finish them or IF a stray spawn appears and starts attacking you.

There are certain maps and grind spots that dont allow people to gather every mob in that area. PF Cornus spot is an example where mobs are everywhere and can be unnoticable. You might be grinding on top of that semi circle path and attract stray mobs at the bottom. If this happens sticking in combo mode wont be a good idea. Having 2 spells that stun really helps in this situation know to use them. Lastly Vamp is a must especially to FA's with lower defense like mFA's.

Aura, Battle Modes 1 & 2 and the special Skill

Aura Mode

[For a guide to choose aura appearance, refer to this link http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?267-Aura-Selection]

For a Force Archer, Aura adds ATK, MATK, Def, Def rate, Atk rate, Crit rate, Crit damage and HP restore.
A maxed Lv 9 Aura adds +46 ATK, +70 MATK, +110 Def, +90 Def rate, +1000 Atk rate, +10% Crit rate, +10% Crit damage and HP restore +2 (per 2s).

Aura can be stacked with Battle Mode 1 and Battle Mode 2 at later levels.
Aura is the only mode that adds crit rate and crit damage.
Battle Mode 1

Upon completion of level 20 rank up test, you will obtain Battle Mode 1: Multi Shooter.
Multi Shooter adds ATK, MATK, Def, Def rate, Atk rate and HP restore.
A maxed Lv 8 Multi Shooter adds +75 ATK, +75 MATK, Defense +110, ATK rate +900, Def rate +80 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

Battle Mode 2

A maxed Lv 6 Twin Gunner adds +120 ATK, +120 MATK, Defense +175, ATK rate +700, Def rate +60 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

Things to know about Twin Gunner.

It is one of the few Battle Modes that promote the use of normal attack.
During Twin Gunner, normal attack is based on Magic Attack and a certain amount of added damage is included when normal attack is used.
Up to two targets can be attacked at the same time and at any direction within the FA's point of range.
The resulting damage is actually broken up into a series of shots but most wont realize this aspect when they activate auto-attack or spam normal attack.
Shooting Star can be used this time for this battle mode.
FA Battle Mode Skill: Fatal Shot

This special skill only hits 1 target. It is based on magic attack and a certain amount of added damage is included.
The skill has 2 secondary effects which are HP down by 20 and Down.
Unfortunately the skill is not that good enough to deal serious damage hence FA's at higher levels would disregard its use.

Does you're combo for pve in PF,give good exp while using lances???? and even when not using combo?

MamaMiaYoe
05-10-2011, 10:49 AM
You'll see in awhile

IcyWave
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM
ahhhh, i see what you mean now,thanks for the guide btw

Sky
05-11-2011, 05:21 PM
what orb's are you using miavii

MamaMiaYoe
05-22-2011, 10:19 AM
+11 Forcium Orb Amp on slot

SukiNanda
05-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Pretty nice, but Blind and Precision = no. Repulsive armor is optional, but I'd still say no to it. Sharpness at 20 if you have the spare points, but you shouldn't anyway. Depending on your other skills (if PvE based enough, i.e. having cannons for aoe) Lower defense/Curse remove shouldn't be level 20.

Just my input though.

MamaMiaYoe
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Ty for the input. Ive made some correction regarding Curse Remove. 3 Lvl 12 cannons are good and will work just fine for pve. Repulsive armor cant be optional i respectfully disagree on that part when ure running dungeons.Lower Defense is the least you can provide when killin guardians in war, very good when no fb available and if combined with WA's panic or BL's field of fear...(point acquisition ofcourse)

MamaMiaYoe
05-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Curse Remove at the least should be 18.

Why? If you have ever pk'ed/freestyle pvp a fb, who knows how to use debuff. MF + Enervation takes out huge amount of mp. If lets say FA uses ammy of pain instead of battler. FA will definetly be in trouble when fb roots, enervates and mf FA.

SukiNanda
05-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Curse remove level 14/15 (can't remember) works fine for me, but I don't war/pk anymore, only reason it's not higher.

240 defense rate doesn't make a difference in anything higher than aos1, imo.

I have Lower defense at 15 since I had the points go toward something else, still has -30 or -31 defense, which is fine for me.

But, whatever works best for you.

MamaMiaYoe
05-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I got 3.2 defense rate on my FA. Maybe I got too spoiled and used to the misses from mobs in pi (I can lure alot) when I was grinding from 174 - 180. But def rate helps in pve, it makes it easier.

Nick123
05-31-2011, 09:41 PM
whats better for fa pvp/pve and bm2 bossing critical ring+1 or ros9?

MamaMiaYoe
06-01-2011, 03:37 AM
ros9

MamaMiaYoe
06-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Go to ch 5 BI you'll see alot. Though I wouldnt recommend visiting those websites or getting involved with them if you love your account.

An alternative suggestion also is to try some cabal private servers. You can google them out. Its fast lvl and easy, thats what Ive heard.
Im flattered to have you as an avid fan. But Im just a FA who helps people deal with building a FA and understanding FA mechanics. There's really nothing special about me, other than that. ><

MamaMiaYoe
06-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I would like to help you but Im not in good terms with Handoi to ask him asnwers to your question, and that wont be called Miavii's guide anymore too. So Im sorry :(

IcyWave
06-01-2011, 07:53 PM
How much rate would you consider crits often?

44% rate or 52/52? or all of the above.

Slowpoke
06-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Curse Remove at the least should be 18.

Why? If you have ever pk'ed/freestyle pvp a fb, who knows how to use debuff. MF + Enervation takes out huge amount of mp. If lets say FA uses ammy of pain instead of battler. FA will definetly be in trouble when fb roots, enervates and mf FA.

if i get mfed im f'd anyway kakaka i keep mine lvl 1
unless i have fi

but if they enervate and mf me then i f'd again

so no point for me to lvl it up

Slowpoke
06-02-2011, 03:02 AM
lag post :3

NewEra
06-03-2011, 09:36 PM
BOS6 or BOS3 slotted?

jone
06-03-2011, 09:57 PM
BOS6 or BOS3 slotted?

BoS+6 is slightly better.

NewEra
06-03-2011, 10:00 PM
alrighty thanks for that one,but i wanna ask a real question here for any pro FA able to solo IC1 FT1 anything(not ic2) since you will be in BM2 a lot,doesn't amp+11 orbs better in bm2? since the bosses in those dungeons have high def,someone once told me a 180 FA in venus,,,,, FA bm2 is based on amp and high base....high amp for high def,high crit dmg for lower def mobs or bosses....

chainlock
06-03-2011, 11:02 PM
alrighty thanks for that one,but i wanna ask a real question here for any pro FA able to solo IC1 FT1 anything(not ic2) since you will be in BM2 a lot,doesn't amp+11 orbs better in bm2? since the bosses in those dungeons have high def,someone once told me a 180 FA in venus,,,,, FA bm2 is based on amp and high base....high amp for high def,high crit dmg for lower def mobs or bosses....

That's the general rule, amp in bm2 > the higher defense gets, especially if you have AoS on.

MamaMiaYoe
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM

If the +11 orb youre talking about is forcium amp then yes bm2 would deal more damage than forcium crit.

fallensky
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
can u gimmi sum comment bout my stat??

magic : 1155
amp : 61%
cd : 87%
def : 777
c.rate : 34/51

i still not satisfied wif my dmg.

plis gimmi sum idea...

wut should i gain?

cd? amp? magic?

actually, i was dual mith orb amp user.....

jone
06-06-2011, 09:00 PM

plis gimmi sum idea...

wut should i gain?

cd? amp? magic?

I recommend you try to get more crit rate.
Generally, most FA have it at around 50.

chainlock
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM

plis gimmi sum idea...

wut should i gain?

cd? amp? magic?

Needs more rate and damage.

fallensky
06-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I recommend you try to get more crit rate.
Generally, most FA have it at around 50.

i know rate is important..... but for me it still not consider step 1st to upgrade...

coz in NW Aura nonstop.... so my rate actually full recover... LOL

the problem is CD n AMP....

CD i dunno where to find more....

is it buying 3 ros10 worth it?? my cd become 100++

im using 3 ros9 now..

jone
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Needs more rate and damage.

Considering his 61% amp, his 87% CD is quite high.
Also, fallen, would you mind posting your gear?
I'm trying to get an idea of high you have your stats all so high

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:03 PM
100 dmg enuff?

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:05 PM
i didn stat my gear u oso can guess....

me is hybrid FA which is ST + Martial OSM

2 bos6, dual amp orb, 3ros9, 1 mega,

jone
06-06-2011, 11:09 PM
100 dmg enuff?

I'm actually just wondering how people get their magic attack and amp so high :P
(stuck at about 1000 magic and 57% amp)

And yes, 100% CD with 61% amp is plenty.

chainlock
06-06-2011, 11:12 PM
i know rate is important..... but for me it still not consider step 1st to upgrade...

coz in NW Aura nonstop.... so my rate actually full recover... LOL

the problem is CD n AMP....

CD i dunno where to find more....

is it buying 3 ros10 worth it?? my cd become 100++

im using 3 ros9 now..

Rate is a major contributer to your overall dps. Don't pass it up for a extra ros9.

Considering his 61% amp, his 87% CD is quite high.
Also, fallen, would you mind posting your gear?
I'm trying to get an idea of high you have your stats all so high

87 is actually low. He should have no problems hitting 100+ while maintaining 60+ amp and 44+ rate.

I'm actually just wondering how people get their magic attack and amp so high :P
(stuck at about 1000 magic and 57% amp)

And yes, 100% CD with 61% amp is plenty.

Leveling up and +ing your weapons adds a lot.

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:14 PM
sum ppl say cd work better than amp....
50% amp enuf.... im not sure bout dat....

never try b4....

chainlock
06-06-2011, 11:15 PM
sum ppl say cd work better than amp....
50% amp enuf.... im not sure bout dat....

never try b4....

Amp is for bm2 and high defense targets. CD usually works better for pvp/war.

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Rate is a major contributer to your overall dps. Don't pass it up for a extra ros9.

87 is actually low. He should have no problems hitting 100+ while maintaining 60+ amp and 44+ rate.

Leveling up and +ing your weapons adds a lot.

yes i know rate is important.... if i wan rate i just switch 1 ros9 to rol+1
so my rate go 44% n gud enuf for me...

ok now u tell me how to get more cd....

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Amp is for bm2 and high defense targets. CD usually works better for pvp/war.

u sure bout dat??? actually im too addicted in war..... but cant go far wif my stat now....

chainlock
06-06-2011, 11:32 PM
yes i know rate is important.... if i wan rate i just switch 1 ros9 to rol+1
so my rate go 44% n gud enuf for me...

ok now u tell me how to get more cd....

K red, 2 crit rings +1/2 or 2 RoS + 10s, 36-40% helm with rate if possible, amulet of pain + 4-6, CD rune.

fallensky
06-06-2011, 11:46 PM
K red, 2 crit rings +1/2 or 2 RoS + 10s, 36-40% helm with rate if possible, amulet of pain + 4-6, CD rune.

price 2 ros10 = 1 aop6
while cd rune take a long time to max it....

cr+2 - i dont think dis is my option because it lower my magic n def....

chainlock
06-06-2011, 11:58 PM
price 2 ros10 = 1 aop6
while cd rune take a long time to max it....

cr+2 - i dont think dis is my option because it lower my magic n def....

1155 m.atk is more than enough, cr2s are a huge damage improvement. I also figured you weren't too worried about defense using martial/s.tit build. When you have high atk/amp already small CD gains feel very big.

janky
06-07-2011, 03:16 AM
I myself ask if 100CD +60amp wondering if it hits at least 6k crit with normal skills in pve and hits 1.2k+crit in pvp? so the main question i think he is asking,which build do FA need? 55 amp or 120+ CD? which hits harder i think he means...

chainlock
06-07-2011, 11:01 AM
damage calc
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?184431-Cabal-Gear-Configurator

damage calc
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?137555-The-Cabal-Damage-Calculator-by-LastHour&highlight=lasthour+damage+calc

gear builder
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?161295-App-Cabal-Char-Builder&highlight=mesko

MamaMiaYoe
06-25-2011, 09:54 AM
BM1 max level is changed to lv. 16
A maxed Multi Shooter adds +115 ATK, +115 MATK, Defense +190, ATK rate +1700, Def rate +160 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

BM2 max level is changed to lv. 14
A maxed Lv 14 Twin Gunner adds +240 ATK, +240 MATK, Defense +375, ATK rate +1500, Def rate +140 and HP restore +5 (per 2s).

The Astral Bow adds +12 Magic Attack, + 34 Attack Rate and +12% Crit rate and +1 Range

jone
06-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Omg, 1% increase in crit rate from the Astral bow!!! :D

[GM] Kato
10-02-2011, 12:05 PM
How this isn't stickied yet is beyond me.

Here's a sticky!

MamaMiaYoe
10-02-2011, 12:21 PM
Thankyou GM Kato :)

[GM] Kato
10-02-2011, 12:37 PM
No problem! Keep up the good work :)

Sina
10-03-2011, 01:36 PM
may i Ask how does BM1 work for FA? is it even worth using, because when i go bm1 it does target 4 mobs (it says 2 on the skill ><) but the AoE effect is = to 0 ><
also the atk seems even lower than normal :o or does the attack is divided on the number of mobs ? Edit > just noticed on the guide it's divided, ok but in which situation bm1 is worth using, personally it seems useless ><

second question regard bm2, what's the minimum matk/amp needed to go 1k / bullet (example or war guards) ?

Sina
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
a note about your PvE combo, i do not think it's the best way to go, since you use lances, i would rather use Sonic Shooter 9 // Gravity Distortion 9 // Shadow shot 20 // Lightening canon 18 <= stun lock 100%
and and if you combo like me till 30+ just add stone canon 20, with this skill bar i can combo and get hit once every 14 combo, without combo stay away from mobs 2 ranges and it's 100% combo unless you miss

MamaMiaYoe
10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Any magic attack amount thats below 1030 is garbage for bm2 normal attack.

Try BM1 on one target and tell me what you think. This mode dont work on crit shot ( magic amp based skill) so dont base your testings on crit shot.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-07-2011, 04:46 PM
finally this is sticky

MamaMiaYoe
10-11-2011, 01:19 PM
a note about your PvE combo, i do not think it's the best way to go, since you use lances, i would rather use Sonic Shooter 9 // Gravity Distortion 9 // Shadow shot 20 // Lightening canon 18 <= stun lock 100%
and and if you combo like me till 30+ just add stone canon 20, with this skill bar i can combo and get hit once every 14 combo, without combo stay away from mobs 2 ranges and it's 100% combo unless you miss

Try Sonic9> 3 lvl 20/18 cannons if you had Sonic set to lv.9

I will have to update my stunlock combo because to be honest I dont bother with combo anymore when AXP grinding. Like I said and have been saying for thousands of times my defense rate is like my FA's shield. Im like a blader

Took this video on my craptop long time ago. I have a very perfect pve grind build with my gears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVoaPEiqNg

Sina
10-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Hmm Def rate it's very random but probably works better at higher levels, from my experience, a good stun combo is easier a more safe.

MamaMiaYoe
10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Hmm Def rate it's very random but probably works better at higher levels, from my experience, a good stun combo is easier a more safe.
Its not random. 3.5 is a decent number for FA's. It can be attained even by lower levels given the right equipements, upgrades and runes

ChinaEyez
10-25-2011, 08:54 AM
miaaaaa where hav you been? :C dont see you much anymore
headshotangel teh bully FA is lvl 180 nao, you remember teh day you 2 shot her when she 179? lol epic times

MamaMiaYoe
10-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Been busy lately. I dont know who that is again. >.<

MamaMiaYoe
10-28-2011, 05:23 AM
“At the peak level”

This additional section of the guide tackles about the finishing stages of a FA and some additional tips/guides. Again, this is just focused within my own perspective throughout my experiences as a Force Archer.What you’ll be reading is more about what the tier 5 (lv.170-180) is like for a FA. “With more power comes great responsibility” (I forgot what movie lol) the phrase applies perfectly for all FA’s at higher levels.

Dungeon runs – Our role to support as healers and dps’ers still and will always remain as an important factor for a party’s survival andperformance in certain dungeons, more challenging ones such as Chaos Arena 5,ft2 and Maquinas Outpost.

I believe that even lower levels (below 170) can manage these dungeons given the appropriate gears. In fact, I’ve actually seen lower levels being taken to one of these dungeons and they did pretty well clearing it. The task is simple – focus on healing, don’t attack try not to steal aggro. But is that what you want to do? Hide behind, stay further and just heal your tankers all the time? Perhaps for some this is ok, don’t get me wrong I respect that. For lower levels this is ok and probably the only option because they’re (w/ their stats) too “fragile” to get hit.

But for a tier 5 FA who’s expected to break 4k hp and gain more damage stats, that is not how it supposed to be. You would want to contribute as much support as you can to the best of your abilities and that is by having the flexibility to heal and attack (dps) at the same time. If you are able to do this already without screwing the party then give yourself a pat in the back. If not then listen.

YOU CAN LESSEN THE PRESSURE

Screwing up in healing is a result of disorganization. First, you should know that mono healing (Greater Heal) each one in the partyis not a good idea. Six HP bars are too much for one FA to handle by mono healing and Mass heal takes quite awhile to cooldown. FA’s can only mono heal up to three to four HP bars without screwing the party and still be able to attack– I say three if you disregard yourself from the three tankers, and ofcourse that depends how well your endurance (stats&skill) is with the enemy/ies damage.

THE USE OF GREATER HEAL (mono healing)

The party members must first be organized. Figure out the tankers first. These guys will need your Greater heals the most. The tankers are those who do the greatest damage and take the damage. Who would they be? I think everyone knows that Warriors and Force Shielder class fall under the tanker category…right? Well for me, it’s partly true and false in a way that it doesn’t necessarily have to be a WA or a FS to do the tanking.

They can also be any class with appropriate gears and stats.If you’re not convinced about that, fine… but let me explain why.

Part of my process in organizing a party is grouping the tankers. I call this group the “priority three”. The priority three should have a WA, a FS, and another tanker of your choice so it doesn’t matter if this is aBL, FB,WI, or FA if there are no other WA or FS. Just remember WA and FS within the party are automatically a part of the priority three, you just need to figure out the strongest WA or FS. They’re the ones you need to focus on healing, the rest of the members are secondary with Mass heal.

USING MASS HEAL

1. Whenever available (cooled down) when enemy/monster/trap damage flies everywhere continuously and hitting almost everyone in the party.

2. Boss appear/re-spawn delivering huge spike damages toeveryone. (ex. Tyrant’s first attack should be followed by a Mass Heal.)

Being the perfect flexible FA – which means you can manage healing and attacking at the same time without the aide of another FA – isn’teasy to accomplish. By attacking as well, you more likely have a chance to steal enemy monster’s agro and be in a whole lot of trouble if you don’t have the proper gearing to endure its/their damage. Here is when we talk about theFA PvE gear.

Vamp helps a lot!! - With FA’s fast dps and good AoE skills, vamp stats on FA makes pve’ing easier. We use vamp for soloing bosses, solo/grinding, and running dungeons. There are two ways to acquire vampiric stats (hp steal+hp absorb stats), it could be acquired from equipments (accessories, armors, and pets) and/or from Runes. Either of those two works just fine for surviving, but when it comes to the question of which of these two ways will yield better dps and more hp steal amount? Learning and mastering the hp steal rune is the way to go since it allows you to dispatch the use of 1 life absorb ring and replace it with a crit/sage ring thus adding more crit damage/base + cdi. So basically the amount of HP you steal by vamping depends on the amount of damage you deal and how often you crit so also remember that more damage is good.

Proper Combo – Stunlock combo!!! It depends on your preference. You can browse videos for this, ask a lot of people here in this forum or formulate one yourself. But you need to use an effective one. Like Sonic Shooter/Gravity D (lvl 9)>Shadow Shot (lvl 20) > 3 lances/cannons (lvl 12/18). I don’t bother with perfect stunlock combo’s anymore since survivability in dungeon isn’t an issue with my FA’s gearing.

HP, Def and Def Rate – These three are important for survival. Do I still need to tell you how to get the best amounts of them? Its already a common sense that the only way to acquire the best amounts for these comes with gear and upgrade. [Forcium>Drei>SIGmetal>TG>OSM] nuff said.

To be continued...

CandiCoatted
11-11-2011, 07:58 AM
“At the peak level”

Proper Combo – Stunlock combo!!! It depends on your preference. You can browse videos for this, ask a lot of people here in this forum or formulate one yourself. But you need to use an effective one. Like Sonic Shooter/Gravity D (lvl 9)>Shadow Shot (lvl 20) > 3 lances/cannons (lvl 12/18). I don’t bother with perfect stunlock combo’s anymore since survivability in dungeon isn’t an issue with my FA’s gearing.

Or you can use a non stunlock combo if you wanna save up on sp while grinding

Gravity lvl 9>cs 20>shadow 20> tera 18 then repeat back to Gravity

Cathy
11-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Or you can use a non stunlock combo if you wanna save up on sp while grinding

Gravity lvl 9>cs 20>shadow 20> tera 18 then repeat back to Gravity

that works well, but i personally prefer to have my tera at 20. here's an alternative for those who want lv.20 lances:

gravity lv.12 > shadow 20 > stone cannon > fire cannon (cannons can be any level 15 or higher) you can auto attack with this as well ^^

CandiCoatted
11-11-2011, 11:47 AM
that works well, but i personally prefer to have my tera at 20. here's an alternative for those who want lv.20 lances:

gravity lv.12 > shadow 20 > stone cannon > fire cannon (cannons can be any level 15 or higher) you can auto attack with this as well ^^

oh yeah but i lowered tera for another skill =/ i might take away def debuff not really needed not like i need to solo any Bosses ill stick to derk lol

MamaMiaYoe
11-12-2011, 07:34 PM
thanks for the inputs. xD

Jae Ho Choi
11-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Introduction.

Force Archers are the only class that can use a special weapon called the Astral Bow. The Astral Bow adds +12 Magic Attack, + 34 Attack Rate and +12% Crit rate and +1 Range. I consider FA as the best supportive class because of its heal abilities that can prevent death. The FA class is both good in PvE and PvP terms if you just get to understand it more. Lets start!

Don't know if anyone has commented on it, but the stats that add from Astral Bow differs by your weapon. More precisely, the weapon you equip on your right hand in your inventory. Forcium provides +12% rate, +9% Sig, +8% Topaz, etc. Make sure you have your better weapon on your "right" hand :D

SilvusX
12-01-2011, 08:23 AM
yeah, what you said above is common knowledge. I suppose it'd be good for newer players. Back in the old days you have to manually cast Astral Bow so you'd notice the difference every time you have a new orb / xtal.

Lyzette Gamiao
12-29-2011, 04:27 PM
whats a good war combo for t1?

modem
12-29-2011, 06:49 PM
whats a good war combo for t1?

lancers/ cannon crit shot shadow shot trust me im pro , better then miavii

Dkmopper
12-29-2011, 07:03 PM
nig dont even know the name of fa skills and here he goes posting fake stats lolloollo

Cathy
12-29-2011, 07:10 PM

silly trolls, lancers are for warriors

modem
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
silly trolls, lancers are for warriors

it was supposed to be lances it's pretty obvious

doomer123
12-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Ohohoho I'm best fa.

Dkmopper
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
it was supposed to be lances it's pretty obvious

obviously she has more fa knowledge therefore better than ur fake fa!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leihs
01-08-2012, 01:57 AM
what is the pve combo with 3 cannons?
& if this 3 cannon combo is good, what would be the use of level 12 GD instead of 20?

MamaMiaYoe
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
To max Sonic Shooter and utilize its aoe and damage for war - pvp. You can actually survive with just Shadow Shot and 3 canonns if you got decent vamp then use the either one of the stun skills when the lure goes out of control.

xRaginx
01-08-2012, 02:58 PM
and yes the guide was helpful lol

chainlock
01-09-2012, 12:13 AM
what is the pve combo with 3 cannons?
& if this 3 cannon combo is good, what would be the use of level 12 GD instead of 20?

Auto attack stun is GD12+3 cannons at 20, combo stun is sonic 9+3 cannons at 20.

ChinaEyez
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
question for Miav. I've stalked Simca asking same question but no reply so ill just stalk you and sence you sre my other favorite fa, dont ignore me like that other bastard lol, soo What numbers do we rly have to look on forcium gear Def rate? rumors saying you broke 4k and your super miss machine vs monster? True?

CandiCoatted
01-24-2012, 10:41 PM
question for Miav. I've stalked Simca asking same question but no reply so ill just stalk you and sence you sre my other favorite fa, dont ignore me like that other bastard lol, soo What numbers do we rly have to look on forcium gear Def rate? rumors saying you broke 4k and your super miss machine vs monster? True?

Lmao simca didn't have to answer you or even talk to you lols and na user posing as a player from eu cabal. Have a lot of those already.

MamaMiaYoe
01-25-2012, 06:35 AM

Not all. I think the highest boss monster that would often miss when im not in bm+aura was Penna with 4000 def rate. The *edited* regular Monsters i mean in PI and MO miss alot and it makes it so easy. My parties in ft b2f prolly have seen me just walk through the mobs no bm's or aura, I dont bother using sp unless dpsing (bm2) bosses. 4000 is not super miss, its just more miss and also because my forcium pieces are +100 def rate at +10 during that time. Simca is prolly busy. wait who is Simca?? lol o.O

Cathy
01-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Not all. I think the highest boss monster that would often miss when im not in bm+aura was Penna with 4000 def rate. The *edited* regular Monsters i mean in PI and MO miss alot and it makes it so easy. My parties in ft b2f prolly have seen me just walk through the mobs no bm's or aura, I dont bother using sp unless dpsing (bm2) bosses. 4000 is not super miss, its just more miss and also because my forcium pieces are +100 def rate at +10 during that time. Simca is prolly busy. wait who is Simca?? lol o.O

Simca is a German FA who plays on Cabal EU.

CandiCoatted
01-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Simca is a German FA who plays on Cabal EU.

+ eu version of han

HARKDOG
01-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Thanks a lot for this guide!
What build is the best for PVE? i mean with everything, set, weapons, yewery, epaulet, etc
Ty

MamaMiaYoe
01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks a lot for this guide!
What build is the best for PVE? i mean with everything, set, weapons, yewery, epaulet, etc
Ty

Forcium (Mithril in some versions) is unarguably the best build for PvE.
I dont think there is a best weapon for PvE as it dont really relate with defense/def-rate. So obviously the best weapon is the weapon that deals more damage. A mithril/forcium 40/7?
Accessories depends... Vampiric or Drosnin earings? Both can be HP I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ers (vamp), I prefer drosnin (with hp steal stats) though for the additional def rate.
Epaulet: EoS +8.

HARKDOG
01-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Forcium (Mithril in some versions) is unarguably the best build for PvE.
I dont think there is a best weapon for PvE as it dont really relate with defense/def-rate. So obviously the best weapon is the weapon that deals more damage. A mithril/forcium 40/7?
Accessories depends... Vampiric or Drosnin earings? Both can be HP I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ers (vamp), I prefer drosnin (with hp steal stats) though for the additional def rate.
Epaulet: EoS +8.

So drosnin earings. What about rings and amulet? and I don't understand what you say there about vamp, "i love u, i love u..........ers" ?? Ty

MamaMiaYoe
01-31-2012, 11:25 AM
So drosnin earings. What about rings and amulet? and I don't understand what you say there about vamp, "i love u, i love u..........ers" ?? Ty

Oh i just said Hp suc.kers there. Ring of Sage +10 for pve rings definitely and Ammulet of Pain +5 and up are preferred for the additional max/crit damage.

HARKDOG
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Oh i just said Hp suc.kers there. Ring of Sage +10 for pve rings definitely and Ammulet of Pain +5 and up are preferred for the additional max/crit damage.

oh now i get it, lol, thanks for your help ^^

MamaMiaYoe
08-20-2013, 05:56 PM
guide will be updated soon.

Faowin
08-20-2013, 06:19 PM
soon.

You should know by now that word means nothing.

Peaches
08-21-2013, 03:43 AM

Wanted to point out:

We have 3 skills now that can stun.

And a total of 5 buffs that can be shared, with 3 passives. Not including Regeneration and shorts.

You'd probably edit it eventually anyways but I saw since you said something about Quick Move at the bottom of the list, that you might have already looked over these two points.

LuckyBoy238
08-21-2013, 09:11 AM
I think bm2 gives FA 1 more range right?

TeaParty
08-21-2013, 09:20 AM
I think bm2 gives FA 1 more range right?
Their normal attack/bullets gain 1 range, not the skills.

Peaches
08-21-2013, 11:46 AM
BM2 normal attack is 12 range. The auto target range is less than that though (i think its 10?), and if you're hitting >10(?) range target first, then click on a 2nd target, both targets hp show up at the top of your screen but your character will have stopped hitting the 1st target even while still in attack range, just because its out of the auto target range; gotta manually reclick the 1st.

MamaMiaYoe
08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
No, I wouldnt know about the +1 more range (OMG) on the bullets but yeah I just got my FA back and I will have to log on it to try stuff out. Will be working on it. Just got some finals to finish today and I'll be back with this.

CandiCoatted
08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Word

Peaches
08-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Word

hi

MamaMiaYoe
10-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Skill Settings by ranks section updated. Taking the modifications one at a time. Just announcing since I think its pretty much what beginners look for in the guide.

CandiCoatted
10-28-2013, 06:18 AM
Skill Settings by ranks section updated. Taking the modifications one at a time. Just announcing since I think its pretty much what beginners look for in the guide.

hi

Hiiiii you to pro FA!

Peaches
10-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Hiiiii you to pro FA!

no u!

jamnotjelly
10-29-2013, 02:49 PM
miavi about to start playing fa again =o show me wachu got guh

CandiCoatted
10-29-2013, 03:00 PM
miavi about to start playing fa again =o show me wachu got guh

Your late, Miavii (FA) has been back awhile now

Valdoroth
10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I shall read up on this guide when the steamer's get here and such. :) It gonna be fun

ieatfacebook
10-29-2013, 06:46 PM
inb4moreFAdramaqueen

CandiCoatted
10-29-2013, 07:21 PM
inb4moreFAdramaqueen
Oh you love it bc this was not even a thought until now

But thx we always need that one person to start it up

ieatfacebook
10-29-2013, 10:21 PM
cuz we know mia alway right when it come to fa cuz mia was the best fa befor she went to wa

Peaches
10-30-2013, 04:08 AM
no im da best fa duh

MamaMiaYoe
10-30-2013, 09:17 AM
no mia is old fa not da best just been around for teh longest time in fa history.

toca4eva1
10-31-2013, 10:17 AM
I use to wrecka Miavi and Hisano in war chan on my mFB. See what I did there?

CandiCoatted
10-31-2013, 12:14 PM
HISANO! That was my buddy =/

Peaches
05-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Miavii I came back after quitting for a year and you're nowhere to be found! Also I wanna see you update this guide! Especially with a focus on post lv.100, including runes and bm3. This is the most comprehensive FA guide there is out there and it'd be a shame for someone else to have to start from scratch if they want to have one completely up to date. I know lots of stuff is generally considered common knowledge, or something you learn from word of mouth, from other players, but it's nice to have it all compiled!

ChinaEyez
06-08-2014, 04:10 PM
^agreed or we ask for Haniel or phan come back play cabal once again to bring life to this class. Make new guide for fa with their own perspective. We need our FA forefathers back! :)

http://youtu.be/hOAbUz4UIrc

MamaMiaYoe
06-12-2014, 09:14 AM
I'm gonna need sources, time and money to get back on track in cabal. Sorry but at this moment I am not feeling it. Maybe u should invest time on creating one Cathy.

CandiCoatted
06-12-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna need sources, time and money to get back on track in cabal. Sorry but at this moment I am not feeling it. Maybe u should invest time on creating one Cathy.

Hii mia lol

MamaMiaYoe
06-12-2014, 04:11 PM
Hi :)

Peaches
08-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone

MamaMiaYoe
04-16-2015, 09:46 PM
So... My guide still remains the most viewed guide in this boards I see. Good. Just the way I like it.

CandiCoatted
05-29-2015, 09:21 PM
So... My guide still remains the most viewed guide in this boards I see. Good. Just the way I like it.

*claps*