PDA

View Full Version : Est = anti-fb?????????????

epic100
09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
yesterday i read in a thread from a person who claimed that he had been playing FB from beta and said that he was angry because FB is growing weaker with each update and that with EST being the puppeteer on cabal, the FB will grow weaker and weaker.
being that FB is the character i want to level up, and work hard with so that i can show of my badass skills and debuffs with this thread it has really discouraged me about playing FB and even cabal, aswell, as the fact that ive read several opinions that agree with him. however, i still hold hope that someone out there can prove that this is false...

P.S. i wish i could post that thread here however, i cant find it because my lil brother found it some how.

UsernameTaken
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
i know what you mean, i am in the same position - aiming for 140 - but the fact that fb might just not be up to par when i get there is discouraging.

although i have heard that fb are great with good gears and high lv because at the low lv age they aren't fully developed into their class, while a FS for example, can have all his crit and power much before fb.

anyways, i'll accept the challenge as a Fb and do the best i can. having it easy sometimes does ruin the fun, so maybe it'll be more of an adventure as FB.

hope this helped :)

BamOwnage
09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
FBs are really good actually. Before the expansion update, in war, I was the number one target of procs majority of the time. It is really knowing how to play your class. It seems like they are getting weaker but they are a pretty good class. BM1+Aura=Better than anything. The only thing I don't like about FBs though is that other people that are fbs don't use their debuffs correctly; I choose a wiz instead, but I would go back to FB anytime because hard luck is a deadly debuff and are blade stack buffs are really cool!

Berserk_Fury
09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I disagree. Most updates made us stronger, like the bm2 update, buff limitation change which allows us to get more rate from buffs, and even this past update gave us a bunch more defense from dex.

meep49
09-22-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think its anti-fb, why would they be giving us a purge debuff? (buff that removes all enemy buffs)

DrifterX
09-22-2010, 03:34 PM
nah, if you know what your doing with a fb you wont have any problems =)

LackofABetterName
09-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I disagree. Most updates made us stronger, like the bm2 update, buff limitation change which allows us to get more rate from buffs, and even this past update gave us a bunch more defense from dex.

^what he said.

epic100
09-22-2010, 06:47 PM

i remember that he said that the defense boost wasnt that much and that the buff rate increase was for every class but he did say BM2 was improved in pve

however, this has really helped me maybe i can find more info...

LackofABetterName
09-23-2010, 01:26 PM
i remember that he said that the defense boost wasnt that much and that the buff rate increase was for every class but he did say BM2 was improved in pve

however, this has really helped me maybe i can find more info...

Buff rate increase in update is exclusive for FB.

At 170, FB gets 3 attack buffs: Lightning, Ice, and Fire Blade.

The 10% rate on Fire Blade used to capped off, but now it's not. So FBs get a total of 35% rate from buffs alone, instead of 25%.

WIpwns
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
maybe next next next next update u get a buff like soul blade/mighty wish but with rate and cdi in it too

IRaid101
09-23-2010, 01:42 PM
fbs have been getting stronger along with the other classes besides wi
on this server wi are getting weaker
on others servers such as kr they are simply getting balanced out lol

dedantemon
09-23-2010, 01:43 PM
The only real problem that is bugging me very much is the de-buff time from sword skills (including all classes). It starts when animation starts, so in other words, you lose time for nothing. This wasn't such bad thing before, but with the 5 sec on trans de-buff + high cast time of the skill, made the de-buff last very few time (2.4 sec).

The GM from EU asked Est dev's about this and he didn't got an answer yet. I am hopping he will get it soon if it is a bug or intended to be this way (witch I don't think so).

I say it isn't intended because skill cast time = 2.6 sec, skill de-buff time = 5 sec, so 2.6+5 sec (if de-buff starts after dmg is dealt) = 7.6 sec where cool time of skill at lv 9 is 7.7, so in other words, u would be able to perma de-buff witch I don't think it is a coincidence. Anyway, this de-buff time switching is more for yourself as for party, it will still remain 5 sec and this skill is very good for party play, especially when there are many ppl.

epic100
09-23-2010, 02:48 PM
The only real problem that is bugging me very much is the de-buff time from sword skills (including all classes). It starts when animation starts, so in other words, you lose time for nothing. This wasn't such bad thing before, but with the 5 sec on trans de-buff + high cast time of the skill, made the de-buff last very few time (2.4 sec).

The GM from EU asked Est dev's about this and he didn't got an answer yet. I am hopping he will get it soon if it is a bug or intended to be this way (witch I don't think so).

I say it isn't intended because skill cast time = 2.6 sec, skill de-buff time = 5 sec, so 2.6+5 sec (if de-buff starts after dmg is dealt) = 7.6 sec where cool time of skill at lv 9 is 7.7, so in other words, u would be able to perma de-buff witch I don't think it is a coincidence. Anyway, this de-buff time switching is more for yourself as for party, it will still remain 5 sec and this skill is very good for party play, especially when there are many ppl.

can you tell me where did you find this info about the EU GM asking EST??? and if you could be kind egnouph to tell us what hes answer was????

P.S. all of what you guys have said encouraged me even more now i have the info and the ambition to make my FB badass thank you!

dedantemon
09-24-2010, 08:22 AM
can you tell me where did you find this info about the EU GM asking EST??? and if you could be kind egnouph to tell us what hes answer was????

P.S. all of what you guys have said encouraged me even more now i have the info and the ambition to make my FB badass thank you!

I am from EU and there, at every update, a GM makes blogs about the most important stuffs from the current update. That GM is also a tester.

He posted about this at the last block of text: http://forum.cabalonline.com/blog.php?b=72

Rasecx
09-24-2010, 08:30 AM

lol? when did this happen? The only reason we got a bit more def was because our items were upgraded a bit.

Rasecx
09-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Our main problem of getting weaker is the debuffs. Nowadays its rly hard to debuff ppl in war because of buff resists. And mf should have at least 1.5k mp down because it'll be useless very very soon.

Valdoroth
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
FBs are really good actually. Before the expansion update, in war, I was the number one target of procs majority of the time. It is really knowing how to play your class. It seems like they are getting weaker but they are a pretty good class. BM1+Aura=Better than anything. The only thing I don't like about FBs though is that other people that are fbs don't use their debuffs correctly; I choose a wiz instead, but I would go back to FB anytime because hard luck is a deadly debuff and are blade stack buffs are really cool!

Yes to BM1+aura and also yes to the debuffing incorrectly. Berserk is correct as to them no being weaker. Other classes are just becoming a little stronger with no change in the FB more or less. As LaRevan stated, most of it is knowing how to play your class. For example, best use of HL in war is to use it right at the start inside your combo (start combo from a distance after exe or so, then use a skill that you have to be next to them, use HL and it will cast it as if it was an attack, then proceed to do your combo).
Also, a huge tip for most FB's out there: if an opponent does not have greater than 1530 mp then they are MF-able. The reason it is not 1400 is because if you use Field of Enervation before you use MF they will lose around 130 mp base leaving them at or below 1400.

LaRazz
09-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Ok just to play the devil's advocate :-)

Yes FB have high rate due to our buffs but look at this
1) Takes a FB the longest to buff up.
2) Higher level FB's cant really just "jump into action" with out buffing because all of our rate is in our buffs (W/o switching rings)
3) EOD Ring = free 5% rate for other classes....does not have the biggest help to a FB unless you have an aop6, a few max rate in pet.....
4) No crit no win... (for the most part)

haha just a few points. Dont get me wrong I love my FB'er. May not be near the best at it and it may get upsetting at times...but push come to shove ya just cant beat rooting people!

>.>
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
lol i hate being #1 target in war, all because my char is FB

Fishy
09-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Ok just to play the devil's advocate :-)

1) Takes a FB the longest to buff up.

I disagree lol All an FB really truly needs to get things done is his blade buffs :) the others are merely a convenience. Especially in war, after the primary buffing, i only use blade buffs after each death to rush into the action, then the rest if there's a pause period where I can do so =)

Fishy
09-24-2010, 07:16 PM
lol? when did this happen? The only reason we got a bit more def was because our items were upgraded a bit.

Go read the Expansion patch notes in the maintenance section. It's in part 3 towards the bottom lol and I did notice a difference in defense that was more than my armor accounted for.

Rasecx
09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Go read the Expansion patch notes in the maintenance section. It's in part 3 towards the bottom lol and I did notice a difference in defense that was more than my armor accounted for.
lol EST/OGP have posted so many things like that and never happened. Usually the ones that involve character changes like this.

darkparasite
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
they did increase our defense not only from + out items i had 702 def in pvp gear befor update after update 747 the only thing that got + was my +7 gloves and +6 kat so where the hell did the other 30 something def come from? still its not laot but helpfull.
I agree they are making fb weaker i havent been playing since beta but my remade 3 other fb's and been playing for about 2 years now and the fb is only getting weaker because all the other classes are getting skills that are specificly used to put down fb and their magic which is bull dookie because half of our power is in our debuffs and im not just talking about Mana freeze and Mass Lv down and if we are going to die becaue everyone pretty much is immune to root now>.>, we cant use it as an escape goat and mana freeze stopped working on the poeple you really need it for a long time ago. In pve our debuffs cant relly do anything we mind as well not have our debuffs and just give us more atk and 1 dmg short instead of killing our allready lame ass (still pretty useful in a small way) debuffs. man the only thing that would even this game out for the fb and not make them so dam weak is
-a good vamp buff
-mana freeze targets mutiple poeple or depletes all mp of 1 person <if so> mages get a skill that makes them immune to it)
-Art of curse, ability to remove their enemies buffs and they cant be buffed or debuffed for the duriation of the skill prabably last 10 or 15secs

tylerduke3
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
ahh why dont we have enough points to make a dull debuff? and also do we need to add more points on cannon to make our Fb bm1 stonger?

Rockstar
09-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Man.. FBs QQ too much.

Rasecx
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Man.. FBs QQ too much.
lol yea. They gotta be pro and buy gear with usd am i right?

Aphyxis
09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Nah. They gotta reclass to WA xD

LackofABetterName
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM

1) Takes a FB the longest to buff up. But we don't need to put up short buffs.
2) Higher level FB's cant really just "jump into action" with out buffing because all of our rate is in our buffs (W/o switching rings) This is true, we have three important long-duration self-buffs as opposed to one (FS,BL,WA), or none (WI, FA (mana condense is only 29 m.atk).
3) EOD Ring = free 5% rate for other classes....does not have the biggest help to a FB unless you have an aop6, a few max rate in pet.....Also, rate from aura is practically useless in all situations except for BM1.
4) No crit no win... (for the most part) This goes for all the classes, not just FBs.

[added because post is too short]

iSeeYou123
09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
lol yea. They gotta be pro and buy gear with usd am i right?

keep jealous bro..just cuz someone is too beast for you doesn't mean they buy gear with usd

Rasecx
09-29-2010, 11:59 PM
keep jealous bro..just cuz someone is too beast for you doesn't mean they buy gear with usd
lol who are you?...

Matrimoney
09-30-2010, 12:26 AM
lol who are you?...

real question is who are you and why do u think ur a good fb?

if you ever get 1 shot in war, it might of been rockstar aoeing you from venus, k?

Rasecx
10-01-2010, 08:07 AM
real question is who are you and why do u think ur a good fb?

if you ever get 1 shot in war, it might of been rockstar aoeing you from venus, k?
bro if i can beat spur a few times with his godly title you are NOTHING. You can have all the damage u want but u'll still die as soon as u cast ur first skill i guarantee it. People say rockstar 2shots ppl in war.. guess wat i can too. And no im not even close to having as good gear as him but ur 2shot material brah and you know it.

Berserk_Fury
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
bro if i can beat spur a few times with his godly title you are NOTHING. You can have all the damage u want but u'll still die as soon as u cast ur first skill i guarantee it. People say rockstar 2shots ppl in war.. guess wat i can too. And no im not even close to having as good gear as him but ur 2shot material brah and you know it.

LOL, who do you 2 shot in war?

Rasecx
10-01-2010, 08:58 AM
LOL, who do you 2 shot in war?
WI/FA. I dont remember but i might've 2shot an FB or 2 also. You sound surprised. Its the easiest thing for a decent FB. Have u 2shot anyone before? lol

Sephiroth
10-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Hax more guys, hhahaa jk ^_~

Rasecx
10-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Hax more guys, hhahaa jk ^_~
Lol i'd call it hax if i get 2shot in war myself....
It's easy with a legacy and bm+aura lol. Specially those wi/fa with like 650 def LOL

Berserk_Fury
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I 2 shot a 150 wiz before but I don't consider that something to brag about. When saying that you 2 shot people in war I think it means 2 shotting someone worth mentioning, not a random 150 in +3 osm 1 slot gear.

Soryuha
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I 2 shot a 150 wiz before but I don't consider that something to brag about. When saying that you 2 shot people in war I think it means 2 shotting someone worth mentioning, not a random 150 in +3 osm 1 slot gear.
I lol'd at this post.

Rasecx
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM
lol a 2shot is a 2shot.. Im giving as much information as ppl gave about rockstar 2shotting ppl. And no i dont count 150s either, I've 2shot 170wiz and FA without title not sure who they were. I doubt i can 2shot the old guardian title ppl to be honest.

WIpwns
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
lol a 2shot is a 2shot..
thats because merc ppl are in tit will items

Rockstar
10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
fpsnoob, you funny man.

Berserk_Fury
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
fpsnoob, you funny man.

Why thank you good sir.

loserneverwin
10-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Rofl rockstar and fpsnoob the best example of gear dependent/level losers. They can't even freestyle for sh.t all they do is PvE. Please before trash like you even bother talking, just don't.

DoItOver
10-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Rofl rockstar and fpsnoob the best example of gear dependent/level losers. They can't even freestyle for sh.t all they do is PvE. Please before trash like you even bother talking, just don't.

LOL'd
I heard rockstar is booo in pvp but 1-2 shot k1ll3r in war.
No skills required when you can 1-2 hit anyone right?

Rockstar
10-22-2010, 08:13 AM
LOL'd I heard rockstar is booo in pvp

Yea, I'm bad in pvp. Instead of using dps skills and winning 99% of the time, I use 2 skills and try to 2 shot. Everyone has fun this way, you have a chance to beat me and I get enjoyment from 2 shotting 4k+ hp/1k+ def.