Hash
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
i got mine on 12 o-o

Havoc
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
i put mine on 9 so i can use it after every skill ^^

cadacus_ater
09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I prefer DT at 20 since I use it as a finisher in pvp. Better than using low-priority BS. Also, it does great damage in war.

Hash
09-23-2010, 06:47 PM
I prefer DT at 20 since I use it as a finisher in pvp. Better than using low-priority BS. Also, it does great damage in war.

u dont use it in pve ?

cadacus_ater
09-23-2010, 07:02 PM
I do use DT in pve, twice if I use it as the 2nd skill, once if later, in a combo of 11. I prefer LS and BS in pve since they do more damage at lvl 9 than even DT at 20. In pvp though, DT at 20 is far better than BS at finishing, since I don't have to close in as much to execute it and it comes out faster.

DT is also much better for attacking groups of players in war than BS and I prefer to do a high amount of damage to a larger group rather than using BS to deal a higher amount to only 2-3 people.

(However, I should note that BS will do more damage than DT 20 if BS is above lvl 12 in pvp. LS will need to be around 18 to match DT 20 in pvp if the damage calculator is correct.)

My pve combo typically is LS>DT>BS>SG when DT is cool and LS>SG>BS>Double Rising when DT is in cool down. I usually use Vital Interfere in between combos.

EDIT: I no longer use the combo I've posted. However, for those who lag, it is a simple combo and easy to use.

fsflashy
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
i have mine at lv15 as well.

CyrStalAFX
09-23-2010, 07:06 PM
^_^

Ludacris
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM

Matrimoney
09-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I do use DT in pve, twice if I use it as the 2nd skill, once if later, in a combo of 11. I prefer LS and BS in pve since they do more damage at lvl 9 than even DT at 20. In pvp though, DT at 20 is far better than BS at finishing, since I don't have to close in as much to execute it and it comes out faster.

DT is also much better for attacking groups of players in war than BS and I prefer to do a high amount of damage to a larger group rather than using BS to deal a higher amount to only 2-3 people.

(However, I should note that BS will do more damage than DT 20 if BS is above lvl 12 in pvp. LS will need to be around 18 to match DT 20 in pvp if the damage calculator is correct.)

My pve combo typically is LS>DT>BS>SG when DT is cool and LS>SG>BS>Double Rising when DT is in cool down. I usually use Vital Interfere in between combos.

Did you just say you used double rising?

K, I think you did.

Someone shoot this kid in the face.

Sonic
09-24-2010, 03:59 AM

if your using dt as a finisher, where at lvl 20 it does more damage than a lvl 12 ls but is cast in combo almost a second faster (2.00secs vs 2.8secs) then theres something wrong here o.o

cadacus_ater
09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
if your using dt as a finisher, where at lvl 20 it does more damage than a lvl 12 ls but is cast in combo almost a second faster (2.00secs vs 2.8secs) then theres something wrong here o.o

LS needs to be above 18 to match DT 20 according to damage calculations in pvp. BS and LS do not execute from a distance as well as DT does in pvp. Someone using DT to finish against someone using BS or LS to finish would most often have DT execute before BS/LS had a chance to. I suppose one setup I might consider is putting LS at 20 and DT at 9 or something (not sure what I'd make my pve combo then) and using LS wherever the pvp dictated it, but probably not as a finisher since DT will still be executed before LS if the two players are far enough away from each other. The key factors I'm talking about for finishing is a combination of damage dealt and the distance from target required for execution, and DT wins the distance catagory hands down against BS and in most cases LS too.

As far as Double Rising goes, I use it only as filler when I can't use LS, BS, DT, or SG and then, only in pve. Its dps is better than Blade Cry, Hasing Dance (both of these fail imo), Round Cut (I don't know any BL with this skill) and Mirage Grind (sorta ok, but I got rid of it). Also, it has better aoe than Impact Stab and Rising Shot, though I don't have rising shot. If I could reliably combo past 11, I would get rid of it for Double Slash and use DS>(Vital, Impact, or Assault) in place of Double Rising for filler.

iSeeYou123
09-27-2010, 01:20 PM
LS needs to be above 18 to match DT 20 according to damage calculations in pvp. BS does not execute from a distance as well as DT does in pvp. Someone using DT to finish against someone using BS to finish would most often have DT execute before BS had a chance to. I suppose one setup I might consider is putting LS at 20 and DT at 9 or something and using LS as a finisher, but I think DT will still be executed before LS if the two players are far enough away from each other. The key factors I'm talking about for finishing is a combination of damage dealt and the distance from target required for execution, and DT wins the distance catagory hands down against BS and in most cases LS too.

As far as Double Rising goes, I use it only as filler when I can't use LS, BS, DT, or SG and then, only in pve. Its dps is better than Blade Cry, Hasing Dance (both of these fail imo), Round Cut (I don't know any BL with this skill) and Mirage Grind (sorta ok, but I got rid of it). Also, it has better aoe than Impact Stab and Rising Shot, though I don't have rising shot. If I could reliably combo past 11, I would get rid of it for Double Slash and use DS>(Vital, Impact, or Assault) in place of Double Rising for filler.

nice essay brah

cadacus_ater
09-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Attempt at a shorter response:
I could see an argument for using DT 20 somewhere around the beginning or middle of the combo in pvp, but I hate finishing with BS because it is easier to be interupted with your opponent's finisher when you end with BS. And imo LS is usually better used somewhere before your finisher to try and cause chase, though there are some classes this does not apply to. That leaves DT as the primary candidate for a finisher when you can cause chase, unless you feel lucky with BS, which I don't.

Havoc
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
and then you find people that are smart enough not to chase by using appropriate skills and smash your face in for 2.8 seconds.

Sonic
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Attempt at a shorter response:
I could see an argument for using DT 20 somewhere around the beginning or middle of the combo in pvp, but I hate finishing with BS because it is easier to be interupted with your opponent's finisher when you end with BS. And imo LS is usually better used somewhere before your finisher to try and cause chase, though there are some classes this does not apply to. That leaves DT as the primary candidate for a finisher when you can cause chase, unless you feel lucky with BS, which I don't.

depends on the situation i suppose

if i were to pvp a wiz/fa/fs/wa id use dt 3rd
if i were to pvp a bl/fb id use dt when they use ass/ls then follow with ls

most of the time i dont even get to use my ls unless its a fs or wa
but ive seen plenty noob bls lose to wizes because they start with ls
i guess i dont even really have a "finisher" either, most of the time i end it with impact or assault

packetj
09-28-2010, 06:58 PM
depends on the situation i suppose

if i were to pvp a wiz/fa/fs/wa id use dt 3rd
if i were to pvp a bl/fb id use dt when they use ass/ls then follow with ls

most of the time i dont even get to use my ls unless its a fs or wa
but ive seen plenty noob bls lose to wizes because they start with ls
i guess i dont even really have a "finisher" either, most of the time i end it with impact or assault

cmon LS the best BL skill of all time!

Havoc
10-11-2010, 07:35 AM
you're wrong, hazing dance is the best skill of all time!!

-Itachi Uchiha-
10-11-2010, 07:57 AM
What's the cooldown on a lvl 12/15 DT?

Hash
10-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Level 12 has a cooldown of 7.7s .. I'll post lvl 15 when I get on comp

Havoc
10-11-2010, 08:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/t1dWh.jpg

-Itachi Uchiha-
10-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Ahh. Thank you Havoc :D.

sykoXops
10-21-2010, 07:42 PM
ey mang is there others for the other skills....where you get it???or did you make it

WIPwns.
10-21-2010, 07:44 PM
lvl 16 is obv the best