Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Conversation Between forumtwizzler and MamaMiaYoe

4 Visitor Messages

1. Callous!!! I have ugly fingers now, thanks for the chart and advice
  2. Find the major progression scale that suits your voice. Everyone has a natural scale which allows them to play variations to their songs; that gives more flexibility to what you are singing in a certain progression scale

Here is a song , I highlighted a scale progression in red in which the song is played

The entire song has 4 chords, G C Em (which you already learnt), add D major and you can play this song!

1. Youtube the song
    2. Try to feel it, think of an imaginary root drum kick in the song and try to find a rhythm
    3. Then strum the guitar with an action that matches the drum kick, it doesn't have to be exact how Green Day plays it but as long as the drum kick is there and the chords are right you too, can sing the song!

Here is the link http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/g/gr...e_ver3_crd.htm

Hope this helps
  3. This is how I started, a long time ago ...

Start by trying to use 3 notes to make a chord. Start with C, F and G Major, E, D and A Minor. The six chords fall in a C Major / A Minor Progression , at the beginning use 3 fingers only. Use the chords, make a beat in your mind and try to sing something to it ... if you use the six chords you will see with minimal change you are able to sing songs.

If you learn the six chords above I listed, and use a bridge to find a scale that suits your voice you should be able to play most songs with a little subtle variation of your own.

Most Major and minor chords transpose into a similar structure through all the frets in a guitar. Slowly as you get more familiar with the notes you will be able to pick up songs by simply looking at the tab or even better pick up music just by listening to them.

Hope this helps.
  4. Muhammad! Do you know how to play the guitar? Im kinda noobie but I started to learn like 2 weeks ago. Im trying to learn how to play a song but I dont know how to read "tabs" that are being shown in the internet. What do I have to do? Im getting tired of researching and reading complicated stuff about it.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4