Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A Guide on All Skills to get for Bladers with Recommended Skill Levels

Bump...

And no, I have no comments on bm3. Life won't let me play games much anymore.

Ok,1 quick question.Should I get Mana Upgrade or not?

Depends. If you are ok with sacrificing sixth sense for it and have the mp rune, then you could get it to work towards mana freeze immunity. I wouldn't advise doing this though unless you are around 160s or higher. Up to you.

Ok,what skill lvl should I get my Flash Draw & my Stab Slash?I just started my blader again as I am totally confused on lower lvl skills & skill lvls.Any help would be appreciated.Thx

Level any skills you aren't going to keep to 3, 6, or 9...just enough to let your cool down times work out right for constant attacking. This minimizes the cost of deleting said skills later. The sword attack buffs are the only thing I would consider leveling to 20, even though you only keep the Soul Blade attack buff in the end...it's up to you though. The higher you level a non-keeper skill, the more you pay to delete it. Flash Draw and Stab 'n Slash are not skills you will keep at higher levels...unless you want to troll people, lol.

Umm this might be a noob question.. but here it goes

From what i understand with the guide you put the level you should get the skill to and the rank. But from novice to apprentice for example you cant level the first skill to level 20

Oh nvm I'm assuming you mean.. that you get the skill at those ranks im assuming

Btw.. do you level each skill to max first or can you do it in whatever order ? for example do you max impact stab to 20 then move onto double slash
    Last edited by xRaiderx; 08-18-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Level all your skills evenly to 9 first (except buffs you keep, max those as soon as you can), then gradually level them up so that you can still combo with them. Once you get BS, LS, and later DT, you should start leveling everything except LS, BS, and maybe VI and DT, to 20.

EDIT: I've said it before, but I'll say it here as well...
    Level any skills you aren't going to keep to 3, 6, or 9...just enough to let your cool down times work out right for constant attacking. This minimizes the cost of deleting said skills later. The sword attack buffs are the only thing I would consider leveling to 20, even though you only keep the Soul Blade attack buff in the end...it's up to you though. The higher you level a non-keeper skill, the more you pay to delete it. And remember...Concentration is worthless...don't get it!

You won't want to worry much about combos until you get BS and LS. It is not practical to combo without at least 4 skills, and some standard combos use as many as 6 skills. There are situations where you will want to modify your combo to increase DPS and HP absorb rates or avoid breaking early on targets with low HP, but these are not something you want to mess with until you are comfortable with adjusting combos on the fly. Note that you may want to keep VI at 18 until you get DT.

Often used against 1 target, or small clusters of 2 to 4, typical modified pve combos would be something like these:
    LS > DS > IS > VI > SG > BS > DS > IS > VI > LS > DT
    LS > DS > BS > VI > DS > IS > LS > SG > VI > DS > DT

They are not recommended for constant use however, as they drain your SP faster to kill a target due to their lower damage output. Modify your combos like this only when you feel you need the extra speed and for faster HP absorb rates...or against very low HP targets to get more attacks in your combo before breaking.

Here are some combos to use before getting Death Tempest:

With LS 9 or 12, BS 9 and VI 18...
    VI > LS > SG* > BS > VI > DS > LS > SG > VI > DS > BS
    *If LS is 9, can use DS for a faster combo.

With LS 9, BS 9 and VI 20...
    LS > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > BS > VI > LS > SG > BS

If you can't do the final BS for the above combo, try...
    DS > VI > LS > DS > SG > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > BS

Or alternatively...
    LS > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > BS > VI > LS > SG > DS*
    *Use VI after breaking this combo on DS, then start this combo again. Can swap the order of the final SG and DS to DS > SG, but you remain out of combo longer.

With LS 9, BS 9 and DR 20...
    Though I don't recommend them, the easiest combo, with excellent area of effect (AoE) damage, is as follows:
    LS > SG > BS > DR > LS > SG > BS > DR > LS > SG > BS
    Use VI in between combos if you want or start one right up from the last BS. Can add VI before LS, but you sacrifice your AoE damage a bit.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 08-29-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Bumping with a quick heads up.

I've updated a few of my most useful posts in this thread and included links to them in the first post of the thread, allowing for easier searching.

Are IS and assault really worth it? as far as I see they're in none of your combos you've posted and most of your combos don't need fillers. couldn't we get rid of them and get the other sword buffs so we can use them at 140 and 170 so we have more atk?

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamQuake16 View Post
    Are IS and assault really worth it? as far as I see they're in none of your combos you've posted and most of your combos don't need fillers. couldn't we get rid of them and get the other sword buffs so we can use them at 140 and 170 so we have more atk?
    I don't have IS or assault on my character and have no problems.

You can only have 1 Evoluated skill active at a time.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast