Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide on All Skills to get for Bladers with Recommended Skill Levels

Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post

I might as well add a chart with cast times and cool times to help people with making their own combos. It's missing some info, but if you are following my recommendations, it should suffice.

Notes on combo building - Why you broke when your fillers were as long as the cool time:
    Please note that combo cast times are approximate, they can vary based on when you hit the button for the next skill. Often you may find you cast skills in combo slightly faster than the combo times given, especially for skills with longer execution. When building a combo, a good rule of thumb is to try and allow for around 0.5 seconds more than the given in-combo cast times to allow your next skill to cool. You might be able to get away with only an extra 0.3 seconds if you are good at delaying the combo, perhaps even less than that. An interesting theory to keep in mind is that the skill you break your combo on should be cast with it's normal cast time, rather than its in-combo cast time, buying you extra time to cool a skill, but at the cost of stopping your attack for a short while. Don't forget the delay time of starting your combo either (not quite sure what it is exactly, maybe around a second). For Bladers, the best skills to break on in pve are usually BS or DT, but you could break on skills like DS, VI, or even LS (since their normal and combo times are so close) if you wanted to minimize your time out of combo.

EDIT: An example of what I'm getting at with breaking and cast times (LS 9, DT 15, VI 20, BS 9)...
    LS, DT, BS, SG, VI, LS, DT, BS, SG, VI, LS...here you will either break on LS, the 11th skill in the combo, or try to continue with DT. If you break, LS should finish its full skill animation, and as a result, be cast in the normal 3 seconds rather than the in-combo time of 2.8 seconds. (In this case I would likely follow up with DT then VI out of combo after breaking on LS)
    TY Id need really this

Good luck

Bump for Bladers both fresh and seasoned

Bump again.

Extra note: After you hit 160s, maybe earlier even, you could consider losing Mirage Step for a party buff. Fatality Increase has more uses, but Curse Dodge can be handy to have for war.

Quote Originally Posted by cadacus_ater View Post
    Bump again.

Extra note: After you hit 160s, maybe earlier even, you could consider losing Mirage Step for a party buff. Fatality Increase has more uses, but Curse Dodge can be handy to have for war.
    I think that it's proven that we don't need defense rate in PVE, but does it matter in PVP/NWAR?

RedOsmium
    Quote Originally Posted by packetj View Post
    I think that it's proven that we don't need defense rate in PVE, but does it matter in PVP/NWAR?
    Nobody NEEDS defense rate, but it sure does help a lot.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Check my sig so ya know what future bladers capable of in the future as well. ^_^
    R.I.P. xSephirothx

Bump to keep on 1st page!

Bump for people new to bladers!

This is the most extensive guide i have found lol. @.@ you saved me a good bit of time and alz for testing skills. Thank you kind sir.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeuc View Post
    This is the most extensive guide i have found lol. @.@ you saved me a good bit of time and alz for testing skills. Thank you kind sir.
    That's what I made it for

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast