Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Guide on All Skills to get for Bladers with Recommended Skill Levels

Quote Originally Posted by DreamQuake16 View Post
    Are IS and assault really worth it? as far as I see they're in none of your combos you've posted and most of your combos don't need fillers. couldn't we get rid of them and get the other sword buffs so we can use them at 140 and 170 so we have more atk?
    That's because those are PvE combos for the most part. IS is one of the highest DPS skills we have, but its AoE is horrible, which is why it isn't used in PvE much. PvP combos will often use it though as a filler. I will occasionally use it in PvE combos too against single targets just for the boost in DPS...and vamp speed.

Assault...is kind of a tossup. It is mainly used to help continue combos onto other targets. It can be used in place of DS, but its AoE isn't as strong. I keep Assault anyway because the alternative attack skills in our arsenal (Blade Cry, Round Cut, Rising Shot, etc.) don't have nearly enough DPS to compete against it and I'm not a huge fan of Mirage Step and the party buffs. I wish you could stack the 3 attack buffs, but sadly, Bladers (and Warriors) can't stack them.

The best attack skill you could replace Assault with in terms of DPS is Double Rising, which has about 300 less DPS, depending on your gear. You could make an argument to do so for PvE, as it has a larger AoE, but I don't recommend sacrificing that much DPS. I will say that if you have VI 20 and DT 20, using fast combos for improved DPS and vamp speed with just IS, DS, VI, LS, DT, BS against single targets can be a bit trickier without Assault as an added filler here and there.
    Last edited by cadacus_ater; 10-25-2012 at 08:17 AM.

LS > DS > BS > VI > LS > DS > SG > DT > VI > LS > BS

This is the combo I set up for because I saw personal favorite and didn't even look at the PVE above it in your paragraph. I don't really combo in pve. I know its worth it because of dps and stuff but whenever I have more than enough def I get distracted and play around on the internet while I'm killing enemies.

Well...my guide is now almost moot thanks to new update, lol. Just put everything at 20 seems to be the best way to go now. As for whether or not certain attack skills I didn't recommend are worth getting, I've yet to test anything, but I doubt it has changed much....

RedOsmium
    Reflex>defensive sense. Assault is now useful. Dex>str. Everything else is about the same.

Oh, and bm2>bm3 damage, even tho both got buffed.
    Last edited by chainlock; 03-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/tjxs?feature=mhee
    I craft blades, all crafting is free if you provide the mats and will continue to be.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456