Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launcher Issue.

Launcher Issue.

So theres already a few topics about this, and iv'e already posted in them sense i have the same problem. But seeing as NO ONE has made any reply's back, i figured id make a completely new thread to see if i could get any help at help, or if i'm simply going to have to not play this game a find a different one. OK so my problem is this, When i start the launcher i get an error, says that the game or one of the game files isn't made or designed to be run on windows or something, so i hit OK, then another window pops up saying that a file error'd and needs to be restarted or something. the suggestions in the other topics didn't help at all and i'm at the point that if i don't get help soon i'm just not even gonna try anymore. eng_imgrepository.dll is the file in question that keeps making me error. Other thread to make it read only, and change the game guard files to read only, but i went to do that and i don't even have a game guard file? so yea, some help would be nice.

nice to see NO ONE, not even a GM has reply'd to this. This is just sad, this is starting to become like acclaim.......

[GM] Harlequin
    I wrote it once and I write it again. Thinking about making a sticky thread regarding this. If your game is already patched to the newest version then you can easy solve your problem by skipping your launcher.

To do this you follow these steps:

Create a short cut to your cabalmain.exe. After that right click on your new short cut and select properties. Go to the target box and then type at the end husky. This will completely skip your launcher.

What if we dont have it patched? I mean i havnt played in several months and am now comming back. Will this solution still work or am i just stuck? BTW, i am now re downloading the game as we speak. I'll see if this solution works or if i have to find a different way around it. Finished the download and install and try'd what you said above, but how do you mean to add husky at the end? i try'd to add the word husky at the end but keeps giving me an error saying its invalid?
    Last edited by sckrules; 10-14-2010 at 10:57 PM.

[GM] Harlequin
    Are you sure that you made a shortcut to the cabalmain.exe and not to the cabal.exe? You add space and then husky right after the " in the target box.

Banned
    Where can you find the cabalmain.exe? Step By Step please that can get me to that CabalMain.exe, I'll try it.

Yea i figured out the problem after seeing some1 else was having trouble with trend micro. Seems it wasnt anything on the launcher or anything, just my AV. useing avg free 2011 now, works like a charm. I think you guys should add trend micro to the list of AV that can interfere with the launcher and etc....

[GM] Harlequin
    Quote Originally Posted by balboa1000 View Post
    Where can you find the cabalmain.exe? Step By Step please that can get me to that CabalMain.exe, I'll try it.

The Cabalmain.exe is in your Cabalfolder. It is in the same folder as the cabal.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by balboa1000 View Post

Under Vista x64:

MyComputer >>> Local Disk ( C: ) >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Cabal Online (US) >>> CabalMain (Default installation location) .......... If you Can't find it, sorry to say; too bad mang.

It's almost like this:
    Code:
    Helpdesk: Sir if you see the blue screen, press any key to continue. 
    Customer : hm.. just a min.. where's that 'any key'..
    Last edited by DoItOver; 10-16-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    [Signature Removed by Mod.]

im getting problem like that it goes to the launchers then starts the update_168.dat and then when it finishes it starts cabalmain.exe unpacking and then i get an error saying failed to create cabalmain.exe, if you cant delete file, please restart your Operating system(windows) which by the way ive uninstalled(restarted)installed(restarted) several times its starting to get very frustrating that i ever since the 24th/25th M/A ive been having problems with the game, im am so close to just finding another game to play and saying to heck with cabal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast