Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Help with Windows 7

Help with Windows 7

Hello, I'm a returning Cabal player that has issues with running this game.

I had absolutely no lag before installing windows 7.. now I'm suffering.

Why's this? I did the compatiability thing and everything but it still lags. My computer

says the screen resolution is not the best for this computer or some crap and it won't

fix.. is that why?

windows 7.... agh. There's actually a few things that could be happening lol:

1. your pc is dated. (how much ram do you have?) XP requires at least 512kb of RAM, where windows 7 requires at least 1GB of RAM.
    Since Win7 and Cabal both recommend 1GB you need to have at least 2GB if you want any hope at all in playing this game.

2. if you're having resolution issues with windows 7, your monitor is dated (so your pc is also likely to be).

lemme know the name of your monitor. the exact name please. if it's an HP it will be something like HP a74w etc.

After you installed windows 7, does everything appear massive? Meaning that your resolution is "big". A big resolution = smaller setting. (640 x 480) at this setting, everything will appear HUGE on the screen, where as at (1900 x 1080), everything will appear smaller.

The different resolutions mean how many pixels you have per square inch. The less pixels, the bigger the objects.

Thank you for your kind reply...

I'm sorry but I forgot to mention that I am using a laptop.. so it just says "Mobile Display" on the monitor properties.

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Try bumping the display setting to 1024x768, 16 or 24 bit color, probably 60hz refresh rate should be max for it then. Update the graphics driver.

Be right click on clear space of desktop, Change Resolution and click advanced

Quote Originally Posted by SilverIceForum View Post
    Try bumping the display setting to 1024x768, 16 or 24 bit color, probably 60hz refresh rate should be max for it then. Update the graphics driver.

Be right click on clear space of desktop, Change Resolution and click advanced
    if his laptop is dated, the monitor won't allow him to set it to a high res setting as long as he's using win7 as his OS. but yea try that first and see if u can change it. if u can good if not then i wouldn't even try playing the game on your laptop.