Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Came Back After Transfer Ending Date

Yeah, it's not there anymore because they removed it. There was a deadline they had for OGplanet transfers. Why they're still allowing Cabal Global to transfer and not OGplanet I don't know. Point is, I did not receive any e-mails about it and while I was busy with work and college I missed it. I check my e-mails daily, and I did not receive a word from OGplanet about a transfer. I want my money, or I want my character.

you guys really need to read the ToS before signing up.

I have, and no where does it say anything about the player(s) losing their money because of a transfer. In fact, the ToS mentions nothing of the liability of the company in terms of a transfer occurring. In any case, why should the player(s) be punished because OGplanet, or ESTsoft, failed to properly inform it's community of a transfer? I've said this time and time again, but I received no e-mails about this at all. One could easily blame OGplanet, and I did. However, they quickly sent me over to ESTsoft when I alerted them of my problem. I don't know about you, but I had more important things to do than just go back and forth everyday to OGplanet's website and check up on a game that I was taking a break from. Aside from that, there really is no reason that ESTsoft can't simply allow us to transfer or reimburse us in some way. If they have truly deleted all the characters already, then it's as simple as putting a digital number, i.e. e-coins, into our accounts equal to the amount in Astros so long as we can provide proof that we did indeed purchase those Astros for cabal. Simple as that.

May i ask what part of the ToS includes those who came in time, could not transfer due to w/e bug in the transfer system they had. Sending in a ticket like we were advised to do (by og and the gms via old forum posts), to both companies. One not knowing anything about anything and pretty much sent us to the other company who for over a month has not answer the tickets we were told to send.

Because i do not see a "we are not obligated to follow through on the advice we gave you" clause anywhere. Maybe its in the fine print.

You guys really can't read or something? This is EST's ToS which should follow right in line with OGP and most MMO host.

We reserve the right at any time to:
    •Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
    •Change the Service, including terminating, eliminating, supplementing, modifying, adding to or discontinuing any content or data on or feature of the Service or the hours that the Service is available;
    •Change any fees or charges, if any, related to your use of the Service; and
    •Change the equipment, hardware or software required to use and access the Service.
    Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by any means including, without limitation, posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site or Service after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement.
    YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ONCE YOU AUTHORIZE US OR OTHER DESIGNATED PAYMENT SERVICE TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT, SUCH AMOUNT SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE REFUNDABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, UPON TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT FOR ANY REASON, TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT, TERMINATION OF THE CASH SHOP AND/OR THE DISCONTINUATION OF THE SERVICE.

That has nothing to do with >answering the god damn tickets<

My character was not deleted (or altered or eliminated or terminated or modified) because i can still see it in my old guild.
    Its not banned since i was able to log into it earlier this year, multiple times, to see how the game was.
    And the name of the character is still not available, since they usually, during the time i played with OG, deleted accounts. I can say up until January my account was active.

And i do not remember asking for a refund. 2k is nothing. I just want to know the status of my character.

If they cant restore it, fine. Delete, i already made a new character, i just want my name.

But not answering tickets that they told us to leave, leaving instructions for a customer to follow to a system that has not worked for quite a few people, and then leaving them stranded instead of problem is not something that a ToS covers (which by the way, is usually applicable to either actual game modifications which alters the way characters play, or the service of the game, like nerfing, buffing, alteration of login system, system requirements, etc. etc. As well as those whom abused their account in some as to cause an abrupt cancellation of the account due to violation of some sort. Unless not playing is a violation, i do not see how that is applicable.)

Then we have the part of the fact that when those accounts were created, the did not fall under the ToS of EST, but of OG, so they can not enforce such things upon an unknowing party. Although TOS changed yearly, current OG stipulates that
    5. Rights You Grant to the OGPlanet Sites:

A). Distributing Content You Produce. Subject to OGPlanet Privacy Policy, you are licensing to the OGPlanet Sites and Services any "content" you provide through or to OGPlanet Sites and Services. User submitted content includes but is not limited to: letters or emails; cheat codes; board posts; reader reviews; game ratings, data, notes and testimonials; and poll votes. OGPlanet Sites and Services may modify, display, distribute and create new material using such content on OGPlanet Sites and Services for the promotion and marketing of our Services and the operation of our system. By submitting content, you automatically agree, or promise that the owner of such content has expressly agreed that, without any particular time limit, and without the payment of any fees, OGPlanet Sites and Services and anyone it permits may reproduce, display, distribute and create new works of authorship based on and including the content. You may not submit materials that have been trademarked or copyrighted by anyone other than yourself. When you submit a game FAQ, text guide, walkthrough or image, it is considered your original and copyrighted work and you are licensing the content to OGPlanet for publication. We may modify the format and display of the work. It may be distributed across OGPlanet Sites and Services for promotion and marketing of our Services and operation of our system.
    B). Account Access. In order to ensure that the OGPlanet Sites and Services are able to provide high-quality services that are responsive to our members' needs, you agree that OGPlanet employees have access to your account and records as reasonably needed to investigate complaints.
    C). Merger or Acquisition. In order to ensure a smooth transition of services relative to your subscription, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of its assets, or the sale of an individual website owned by OGPlanet, OGPlanet may transfer your personally identifiable information and transition your existing accounts to a similar subscription product to a third party as a part of such merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale.

My account has yet to be transferred evidently, else, i would have had access to it, and most likely, been able to agree to the ToS of EST.

You may terminate your subscription at any time. When you terminate your account, you will be terminated immediately, without refund. You acknowledge that OGPlanet, in its sole discretion, may terminate your ID, password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service for any reason, including, without limitation, if OGPlanet believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or any OGPlanet User Agreements. OGPlanet may also, in its sole discretion, at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this Agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that OGPlanet may immediately deactivate or delete your account and/or bar any further access to the Service. Further, you agree that OGPlanet shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service. YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OGPlanet SHALL NOT BE REPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADJUSTMENTS, REFUNDS OR ACCOUNT OVERSIGHTS PAST THE 7th DAY OF SUCH OCCURANCE OR LACK THEREOF.

I still have an OG account, thus my account has not been terminated. Nor have i willingly terminated my account. There is not dated clause stating that if, within a certain amount of days, i do not use the account, its automatically considered terminated, so as long as they remain OG, and my account is within good standing, it still exists.

So if my account is not with EST, then its with OG. Since OG stated that i must contact EST, whom i have yet to sign agreements with anything concerning that account, as well as tried to claim the account within the allotted time they stipulated, i dont see how your ToS pushing is applicable here.

I believe the line you've highlighted refers to services in the game, such as premium membership, which does not apply to this situation. Also, as Noriega stated, like him my account was not "terminated" and was still intact. I violated no rules or ToS, was not banned, and was not guilty of modifying the client for personal gain. Again, as Noriega stated, the ToS that should be examined are that of OGplanet, since the transfer or Acquisition occurred under that company. However, they ever so quickly sent us in the direction of ESTsoft.

And its not like they do not know
    http://forum.cabal.com/member.php?9-...itor_messaging

This guy http://forum.cabal.com/member.php?3364-Killa

Has been waiting since june.

I mean freaken june! GM Daisy told him to send a ticket and obviously it hasnt worked if he is complaining till now.

@Noriega: Then you should clearly know you're posting on the wrong forum. Go to OGP to deal with the problem.

I'm lazy to type up all of the flaws in your post but to summarize it all.

OGP lost the right to host Cabal which makes the ToS you sign with OGP void and your Cabal account terminated. You may transfer your account under EST but EST holds no liability on your behalf until you sign the new ToS. But the thing is.. the ToS states it holds no liability at all for any reason.

@ Vanq: Cabal is a game service correct? Okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by awakens View Post
    @Noriega: Then you should clearly know you're posting on the wrong forum. Go to OGP to deal with the problem.

I'm lazy to type up all of the flaws in your post but to summarize it all.

OGP lost the right to host Cabal which makes the ToS you sign with OGP void and your Cabal account terminated. You may transfer your account under EST but EST holds no liability on your behalf until you sign the new ToS. But the thing is.. the ToS states it holds no liability at all for any reason.

@ Vanq: Cabal is a game service correct? Okay then.
    I guess lazy is a new term for "i have no relevant information concerning the subject, but i do have a keyboard"
    You see, when a company states one must come into contact with another company, and the company we must contact, also says that yes, you must contact us, and when there is an attempt to make contact but there is -no response- to said contact, the customer is left in limbo.

EST nor OGP never stated anything being -wrong- with the account, nor has there been any word of it being broken, bugged, deleted, banned, moved, not moved, or any of the sort. So there is no liability to own up to, or deny, again leaving making your ToS waving, invalid. Not to mention the parts of the ToS you posted has nothing to do with accounts, but account services. And unless this happens to be a P2P game, there were no services terminated, on an account that was not in use.

If you wanted to prove how much of a smart a.ss you think you are, you may want to highlight parts of the ToS that may actually be applicable to the situation -you think- is going on, such as:

10.1 Termination. This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated. If you wish to terminate your Account, you may do so by contacting our customer service department by using the E-mail of Inquiry on the Site or by terminating your account by following the instructions on the Site.
    Upon our acceptance of your request, your Account will be terminated. We reserve the right, with or without notice to you, to suspend or terminate your Account and this Agreement if you violate the terms and conditions of: (i) this Agreement, (ii) the End User License Agreement, and/or (iii) any of the Game Rules and Policies. We also reserve the right, with or without notice to you, to suspend or terminate your Account and this Agreement in our reasonable discretion.

There is no indication that the account was terminated, because there is no communication between the customer and the est.
    I personally never terminated the account.
    I havent used the account here, so there is no way for me to violate the ToS of EST.
    The last one -could- have made sense, had my request of transfer have not been within the the confines of the transfer dates. Upon filling out the transfer request, there would have been no indication that an account was there, when there was, there was simply a wrong password error, something many people have gotten, and those who happen to gained there accounts back, would not have been able to, because the accounts would be terminated, thus relinquishing all association they had with the account (aka its gone, all gone)

My character, and account still happens to be in the system (so far, as the names on the account are still not usable)

OGP losing its hosting rights has nothing to do with the ToS that we sign up with them, which the accounts made for the account in question. Whether they lost the rights to the game, holds no issue to the fact that we are not binded by EST ToS because we have not signed any ToS of EST under those accounts, so again, their ToS means nothing Terms of Service means terms of service, not terms of service with X game. But there OG does state that they accounts will be transferred with "a similar subscription product to a third party as a part of such merger"

My OG account, was not banned or terminated, and if EST assumed all rights of the accounts under the conditions stated by OG my standing with OG, such as everyone, would have been the same, up until the point of the transfer ending at least.

The fact that they still tell people to submit tickets, means that accounts have not been terminated.
    Since OG states that its a EST problem, until other wise stated by them, i have no reason to believe it is not an EST problem, else why would both companies agree that EST must be contacted about it?

There was/is a problem with the transfer process, and it caused many people not to be able to transfer. Sending in a ticket to check account status should indicate its status and if/whether you have any means of having your account back.
    But heres the kicker -> They have not responded.

So your theories, and ToS BS, is moot, because no one knows what is going on.

If such a concept is hard to understand, then you can continue to be "lazy" but lets not pretend you know anything.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast