Question on Gear set up

36 cd martial helm
    7 amp 50 hp suit
    st glove and boot 7 amp
    10 rate phery orb +9
    40 cd phery orb +9
    1 merg ring
    1 rol+1

i know this is pretty crappy gear. i want to know if this is good gear for now
    i am aiming for this gear though
    7/34 helm
    7 amp 100 hp
    st glove and boot 7 amp
    10 rate phery orb +9
    40 cd lapis phery orb+9
    1 merg ring
    1 rol+1

is this good enough build?

or

12-15 rate helm
    2X cd lapis phery orb+9
    is this better?
    Last edited by Sky; 11-09-2010 at 05:53 AM.

not sure about wiz. ask matri, but i'd assume they're in the same boat as WA and need rings and weapons / helms for CRI unlike FB or FS.

Banned
    zzz nvm
    Last edited by zx34; 11-09-2010 at 09:00 PM.

u cant ask matri, he will just say its fail and flame you for not buying alz

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    not sure about wiz. ask matri, but i'd assume they're in the same boat as WA and need rings and weapons / helms for CRI unlike FB or FS.
    Wizards dont use 15/24 helms.
    The difference is WAs only have one kind of weapon, while wizards can have 2 different kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlymonkey View Post
    Wizards dont use 15/24 helms.
    The difference is WAs only have one kind of weapon, while wizards can have 2 different kinds.
    Who said they couldn't? If you have that set up of 1 15/24, and 2 7/40s, then whose to say you can't use a 15/24 helm? It's the same thing as a 15/24 orb... and you just use 2 7/40 orbs instead of a 7/40 helm/orb. Yes a 7/40 helm is easier to get but if you have the 15/24 helm already why not use that? WA's could use a similar set up... 15/24 helm and a 14/80 (if you could get one of these lol) and it's the same thing as 2 7/40 orbs but just in 1 wep.

RedOsmium
    40/7 Helm, 40/7 Orbs.

+12-15 dual Phery ftw.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

Sadly the above is really the only viable solution unless:

1. You are part of a top guild and they donate pc crafted lapis/topaz orbs to you and you have access to SEHs.
    2. You're rich enough to buy a retarded amount of alz.
    3. You luckbox about ~10 billion worth of drops.
    4. You spend the next 4 years chain running lid/eod/sod every day harder than any chinese farmer farmed in the history of his entire life and you always have 5b+ on hand to snatch up any good orbs on the market.

Here are some possible setups to help you out:

All builds should aim for this:
    Base (5% cr, 20% cd)
    AoP+5 (5% cd)
    Merg (15% cr)
    CR+2 (15% cd)
    K-red (3%cr, 10% cd)

That puts you at 23% cr and 50% cd and this is not counting pets or upcoming new runes from future patches.

So where do we go from here?

Option #1,
    2x 40% CD Pher Orbs from weod
    8/20 helm
    RoL+1 (10% cr)
    RoC+5 (5% cr)
    == Total: 46% cr and 150% cd

This solution isn't bad and it's not terribly suicide inducing in weod because you can always SEM yourself to 40% with only a 1 socket orb and you don't have to worry about getting rate first. With reasonable luck you'll be in/out weod from 55-70 and on your merry way.

There are issues with this setup though. To upgrade past this point will be extremely difficult. You pretty much need 34% Topaz orbs or better to upgrade your weapons. A 34% Lapis is effectively the same as a 40% Pher so there's no point jumping to Lapis unless it's 40%, however a 40% Lapis is still no joke when it comes to cost. I don't know offhand how much it would be but I would estimate 1.5b each minimum assuming you even find a seller.

So now we're talking about a 3b upgrade for a minor change in m.atk, and an additional 1.5b for an aop+6 for 5% cd more if you'd like.

Option #2 is similiar to Option #1:
    Instead of the 8/20 helm you farm yourself a 2 socket db Martial helm from weod and get rate in the first slot. This will give you a 45% cr, 164% cd setup. Definitely a respectable setup but getting the helm could potentially be annoying. Personally I think this is the ideal setup for someone who doesn't want to spend weeks in weod.

Option #3:
    You pretty much go all out in weod. Forget work, forget school, forget your spouse (she's locked in the closet for a minimum of 10 hours a day). You eat, sh*t, and sleep weod until you get 3x 7/40 items. You also replace the RoC+5 with a CR+2 and the Rol+1 with a CR+2.

This setup bumps you up to 46% cr and 200% CD. You can get another 5% CD by upgrading to an AoP+6.

#3 is pretty much the long haul WI. Anyone who says Pher orbs aren't end game material are jealous they don't have them. 2x 7/34 Topaz orbs would be better without a doubt but good luck getting those. In the mean time with the #3 setup you have no real costs associated to your gear. You just +11 your orbs for now, pickup some 7% m.amp armor pieces, your leech/etc. and everything you make after that (it's still a good amount of farming for all this with the cr+2s) goes to your potential 7/34 Topaz orb fund.

RedOsmium
    +15 Phery.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.