1. Goes to Cabal US site
    2. Downloads US file
    3. Installs Cabal
    4. Runs launcher, 'Failed to get update version information'. QQ

Alternative for desperation~

1. Goes to Cabal EU site
    2. Downloads EU file
    3. Installs Cabal
    4. Runs launcher, Cabal gets patched just fine.

Now, explain to me why I can download and patch the EU Cabal client while i live in the US, but I cant patch the US version. I mean, there has to be some way that I can use the EU client's patched Cabal files to play Cabal US, because that would solve a buttload of my problems. Answers?

Btw, did all the 'Install in Safe Mode'. and that little 'husky' trick with the Cabalmain.exe file, but for the latter, when I get to the login screen, I get disconnected with a pop up that states that I need to update my Cabal version. If only there was a manual patch. T-T
    Last edited by Valexian; 11-27-2010 at 08:35 AM.

ive tried everything myself im still having problems with the game also

It'd be nice if a GM could give us some feedback, but it probably won't happen.

I'm thinking that the only way we're going to be able to get this to work, is if someone donates a patched client, or anything along the lines of that.
    Last edited by Valexian; 11-27-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valexian View Post
    It'd be nice if a GM could give us some feedback, but it probably won't happen.

I'm thinking that the only way we're going to be able to get this to work, is if someone donates a patched client, or anything along the lines of that.
    explain to me how to do this and I'd gladly help :x
    ign: BlueSymphony (very nooby FA on Venus!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    explain to me how to do this and I'd gladly help :x
    Good point. o.O

Is there any peer-to-peer file sharing programs on the web? I thought emailing the file as an attachment would do the trick. As long as the client is fully patched, as in you start the launcher and the 'Start' button is clickable, anyone who receives it will be able to do the 'husky' trick to skip the launcher and go straight to the login. But, then again, if the client is already patched, there shouldn't be an issue with the launcher ._. Meh, we'll see what happens. If you can confirm that you'll send us the file, we'll get this thing underway. Think of all the problems we could solve. @_@

SIGMetal
    well i recently installed xfire and it detected my client as cabal EU as well. i found it weird since i dled from the NA main site but u just gotta find the correct client. i remember my install file was 0902_cabal_setup

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Try a back step maybe, got one from 0712 (July 12) that installs fine, let me see what I can get setup here (Client and Manual Patch file for Current version, see if that helps, but the installer I have patches just fine. Try to get a Torrent posted up here shortly.

Only the setup file for July 12 almost 1Gb I'm only seed atm.

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/599...50.TPB.torrent
    Last edited by SilverIceForum; 11-28-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverIceForum View Post
    Try a back step maybe, got one from 0712 (July 12) that installs fine, let me see what I can get setup here (Client and Manual Patch file for Current version, see if that helps, but the installer I have patches just fine. Try to get a Torrent posted up here shortly.

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/599...50.TPB.torrent

Only the setup file for July 12 almost 1Gb I'm only seed atm.

Ironically, I did try to download the 712 one from July, but I got the same problem. Something's wrong with my updating mechanism for the US client, because, like I said before, the EU one patches just fine. Torrents are blocked on my comp, anyway. QQ.

Btw, did you notice that the patches are named after the month and day they were released? Ex. 712_Cabal_Setup--- July is the 7th month of the year, and the patch was released on the 12th day. 902_Cabal_Setup--- September 2nd. Just something interesting I found out.
    Last edited by Valexian; 11-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Currently getting a compressed patched Cabal folder from a friend. I'll fill you guys in if I find out anything new.
    If Mr. T was a Force Shielder, then Force Bladers would be all those foos' Mr. T pities. Yeah, I'm talking to you, randomforcebladerinthecornerwithsmexypvpskills

Fail gif is fail.

Well, everything I've done has failed, so I'm done trying to get this game to work.
    If Mr. T was a Force Shielder, then Force Bladers would be all those foos' Mr. T pities. Yeah, I'm talking to you, randomforcebladerinthecornerwithsmexypvpskills

Fail gif is fail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast