Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FB gear discussion

lol this whole thread is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetaaarded

Siggy By Rasecx!

Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    Blade has slightly more attack / slightly less attack than a Kat. It requires significanly less Dex than a Kat. That said, Xtal requires significantly less Dex than an Orb and again slightly more attack / slightly less magic attack.

It would be totally possible for an FB to wear Armor if it used Blade / Xtal instead of Kat / Orb, but is it advisable?

Discuss.
    Wth are you on? My FB can wear my main's armor suit and forci blade.

why is a FB gonna use a forcy blade stick with katana don't ruin your stats for a couple more att

Battle + High Dex is going to grant your FB more defense (and evasion, and other stats) than the stat sacrifice you would have to make just to wear Armor, especially if you go beyond Osmium tier. You'll have slightly higher physical damage, sure, but you'll be giving up a lot of accuracy, evasion, magic damage, and your physical defense really won't be any better (DEX gives the best Defense boost of the three stats), and your Magic Defense will take a dive as well.

Being able to wear a Blade/Crystal as opposed to a Katana/Orb is dependant on the player (and really, I advise against trying to stat for Blades and just use a Katana), but there's a good reason why FB's stack Dex and wear Battle as opposed to Armor. With their high Dex and Earth Guard buff, plus all the evasion they get from Wind Movement and stacking Dex, they don't NEED the extra defense. They get plenty from the core stat alone and thus the Battle tier suits them better.

In short: Only add as much STR/INT as you need for Rank Ups.
    Last edited by Foxhound3857; 02-01-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by iNub View Post
    Blade has slightly more attack / slightly less attack than a Kat. It requires significanly less Dex than a Kat. That said, Xtal requires significantly less Dex than an Orb and again slightly more attack / slightly less magic attack.

It would be totally possible for an FB to wear Armor if it used Blade / Xtal instead of Kat / Orb, but is it advisable?

Discuss.
    you do understand that an FB is a dex build class right? meaning you shouldnt even think about keeping your dex at a minimum? your STR/INT should be kept at a minimum, the less you have of those the better. you keep your STR at just enough to use osm armersuit+9 you keep your INT at the required level to use the weapons your using (usually forcy orbs) and then put everything else into DEX.

and the defense difference between armer and battle isnt as much. TG gives more defense than armer does. so basically if u got an s.amp suit, tg boots and gloves, and an armerhelm you'd be at the max defense your fb can get to (unless you start talking about the + of the gears and forcium)
    Presizion 16x FA - Venus
    IIChrisxDxGr8II 14x FB [RETIRED, RIP.]

Leader: Defiance - "The team on my side committed." -

I'm the best, and I'll sh** on anybody you nominate. That's a fact, that's a promise I'm proud to make.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound3857 View Post
    Battle + High Dex is going to grant your FB more defense (and evasion, and other stats) than the stat sacrifice you would have to make just to wear Armor, especially if you go beyond Osmium tier. You'll have slightly higher physical damage, sure, but you'll be giving up a lot of accuracy, evasion, magic damage, and your physical defense really won't be any better (DEX gives the best Defense boost of the three stats), and your Magic Defense will take a dive as well.

Being able to wear a Blade/Crystal as opposed to a Katana/Orb is dependant on the player (and really, I advise against trying to stat for Blades and just use a Katana), but there's a good reason why FB's stack Dex and wear Battle as opposed to Armor. With their high Dex and Earth Guard buff, plus all the evasion they get from Wind Movement and stacking Dex, they don't NEED the extra defense. They get plenty from the core stat alone and thus the Battle tier suits them better.

In short: Only add as much STR/INT as you need for Rank Ups.
    DEX and STR give the same amount of defense. and did you just say "magic defense" ?? did you mean magic attack? lol. If you were to subract dex to put into STR you would only loose some attack/defense rate and some magic attack. and considering your only talking about roughly 50 points, its only going to cost you about 60 defense/attack rate, and about 15 magic attack (assuming 0.3 m.attk per int point, which was correct last i checked) the defense stays the same and would go up (a slight bit) by switching from osm battle pieces to armer (about 6 defense per piece assuming they'll all compared at the same +)
    Presizion 16x FA - Venus

I'm the best, and I'll sh** on anybody you nominate. That's a fact, that's a promise I'm proud to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    DEX and STR give the same amount of defense.
    That's not true since a couple of updates ago. Dex gives a little more def now. But still, if you can get forcium amp or a good forcium blade, it's worth giving up some dex in order to use it.

Shadow Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserk_Fury View Post
    That's not true since a couple of updates ago. Dex gives a little more def now. But still, if you can get forcium amp or a good forcium blade, it's worth giving up some dex in order to use it.
    is it? i remember they changed up the FA stats also giving them more defense and attack. do you know how much the FBs defense increased by per dex point? i cant remember my friend saying he gained anymore defense... :/
    Presizion 16x FA - Venus

No, I don't remember how much it gives per stat.

Dex gives more def now from .125 to .15, and you guys are idiots you if you think there is an actual/noticeable difference from stating for blade or katana. Just use w/e sword is stronger because 340 str (for +11 forcium blade) isn't going to ruin anything.

IGN: 93122834 - 180 FB Venus

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast