Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: WA vs FS

omg double post.

but yeah both do well in nw.
    Last edited by Chris7; 11-19-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iSeeYou123 View Post
    By the time you get to DarrkD's skill / gear lvl, you would lose your virginity.

depends on what you want to be a part of once you're 170-180.
    likeee I mean both classes have potential to do great things in dungeons and tank. depends on the difficulty of exactly what you are doing..
    give me some examples of what dungeons/bosses/activites u wanna involve your char in and I'll try to help and give advice on the pros and cons of each class..

I want pizza hut.

By the time you get to DarrkD's skill / gear lvl, you would lose your virginity.

I guess my goal would be to get to 160-170:

1. Be able to run sod/ft1/dx dungeons solo as fast as possible without needing to party people for SP between runs and still be able to run it fast (I guess 1-2 bars per run at the most?).
    2. Be useful in a duo/trio for the harder dungeons (ic1/2/aos1/2/ft2/etc.).
    3. Be able to kill derk/rota/quadra efficiently. Pluma is whatever, it'll be a long time until I can afford forcy amp armors.
    4. Be able to solo (if possible?) the new CA because the miracle keys will eventually be used up yeah?
    5. Not be a gimp in the NW. I probably won't go crazy here, just get rank 11 and then maybe join once in a while for fun.

Maybe level past 170 slowly, etc.. Pizza hut doesn't sound too bad.

Edit:
    To me being able to run a dungeon in 12 minutes instead of 14 minutes would be a big deal. Enough where if I were to level to 160+ and find out a different class can do it in less with the same gear I would probably re-roll.
    Last edited by Registering; 11-19-2010 at 10:43 AM.

eh id say go with wizard.. overall they have one of the greatest potentials in pve and dungeon running. plus you won't have to worry about finding a wizard when running a dungeon in a party

yeah.. wizard for sure. if I had another chance, that's what I'd be

Yeah not having to find a WI for duos is a pretty nice perk and maybe down the line buying a voucher every month for GPS would be reasonable.

So if both classes were ultra decked out with weod weaps and CD/amp the WI would still run those dungeons faster over time without spamming 5 bars of SP per run?

most likely yeah.. wizards have high nature dps + the best mobility. pretty sure a wizards what you're looking for.

Shadow Titanium
    sumtimes i wish i was wi too, chasing down ppl in war as a wa is a real b.itch, not to mention wi is much better with a lw and it su.cks ass to get rooted and combo breaks cuz i dont have enuf ranged skills

I just remember partying with random WAs (like blondinet) with unknown gear and looking at the bosses HP in a place like eod2 and thought to myself "wtf". Like, that whirlwind skill when it crits does the most insane damage ever. It probably did the same damage as my WI in BM2 doing a full bar's worth of skills.

Also I remember a crazy WA in weod who took away like 30% of a bosses HP in 1 WW. It felt like the WA did literally 5x my DPS at the time (I had total newbie gear on and he had full 7% amp armors and some +7 non-perfect gs).

I noticed mobility seems to become less and less useful as the dungeons get more difficult and also becomes a non-issue when partying since you would have to wait for everyone to catch up. At that point DPS/damage becomes more useful than mobility. Sure blink is amazing for LID and maybe EoD but I recall hearing/seeing FAs who can wipe the floor with a WI's dungeon times in sod or above.
    Last edited by Registering; 11-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.

just be a wizard lol. that's all I can say

Would you still pick a WI if FA is also an option?

I was hesitant to go back to my 140 FA (first character) because it requires like 1.2b minimum for 2x +8 amp forcy orbs to not be total garbage.

Who would win in this setup @ level 170 for the above scenarios between an FA and WI?

WI: 2x +12 7/40 Pher Orbs, 48% CR, 205% CD, 36-42% AMP
    [cost: 1b to reach 42% amp everything else is essentially free, not counting upgrade costs to +12 for 2 weaps]

FA: 2x +8 7% M.Amp Orbs, 45% CR, 85-101% CD, 54% AMP
    [cost: 1.2b for the orbs and 1b to go from 85% to 101% CD]

The FA can still improve by getting +11 orbs eventually, and probably can get 50% more CD eventually but the cost for the 50% extra CD is just ridiculously unrealistic.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast