Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch

Thread: Cabal runs pretty slow on me

Cabal runs pretty slow on me

Is the Driver (Graphic Card) that can be downloaded on cabal site meant to make this run faster and smoother? Or is it just my computer? I got no problem with my computer, i got plenty of memory space and haven't seen any sign of viruses.

What kind of hardware do you have? Also how fast is your internet?

Banned
    delete system 32.

lol, jk.
    open up run ,type in dxdiag, click the display tab, and look at how much the memory is on your graphics card. 256mb should be the bare minimum. Also, run a ping test; if it's over 50ms, - 15-20ms is average - then you should call your ISP and get it fixed.
    Last edited by Sheep; 11-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    delete system 32.

lol, jk.
    open up run ,type in dxdiag, click the display tab, and look at how much the memory is on your graphics card. 256mb should be the bare minimum. Also, run a ping test; if it's over 50ms, - 15-20ms is average - then you should call your ISP and get it fixed.
    Hi. Yes. Apparently, the memory of the graphic card is only 96mb. So I guess that's the reason why Cabal runs pretty slow on my computer. So I guess I have to buy and insert a better graphic card.?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by klsp200625 View Post
    Hi. Yes. Apparently, the memory of the graphic card is only 96mb. So I guess that's the reason why Cabal runs pretty slow on my computer. So I guess I have to buy and insert a better graphic card.?
    yeah, get a new graphics card. that should tremendously fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    yeah, get a new graphics card. that should tremendously fix the problem.
    Alright, tnx!

Retired (Perussing General Topics or Support)
    Huh? only 96megs going to VidMem?? Sorry to says this how old is that comp?? Are we dealing with a PCI, AGP, or PCI Express variant. If plain PCI, no help. AGP, reboot and go into bios to open your AGP video Apeture to max, and bump used memory to 256megs minimum, 512 megs if you are 3+ gigs of system RAM availabe. PCIe, :/ get a new graphics card.

Would help to know the card of gfx chip and model, next time list some basic system specs.

Processor
    Memory
    Graphics Card or Graphics Chip Manufacturer (ie. nVidia, Intel, ATI are the 3 major players anymore)
    Card/Chip Model number

At least then we have a way to narrow down what to do

I bet it's a laptop with intergraded gpu.