Facebook Twitter Youtube Twitch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabal --> Blue Screen of Death

Cabal --> Blue Screen of Death

Hi, ever since the transition, I keep getting the dreaded BSOD after launching Cabal. All I have to do is log in for around 3 minutes and BAM! Bluescreen.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9550 - 32C idle, 55C Prime95 load
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: NVidia Geforce 8800GT (Driver - 197.13 - Latest) - 60C idle, 71C load.
    OS: Windows 7 Professional x64 - (fully updated - as of this post)

At this point I think I can rule out it being a hardware issue:

Prime95 10 hour overnight run - Nothing
    Memtest - Nothing
    Team Fortress 2 - 2 hr gaming - No hiccups
    Crysis - 1 hr - Nothing
    BFBC2 - 2hr Nothing.

It's only when I launch Cabal that it suddenly decides to throw a hissy fit and bluescreen on me. I suspect it might have something to do with GameGuard conflicting with something on my PC (when it was still running Xtrap, everything was fine) but I'm still trying to figure out what it is.

I need help! XD

Banned
    http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard...ng/FAQ_114.htm

Those are some things you could try

I kno it's a slightly dif prob but number 4 might be a way to solve if it's a conflicting problem like you suspect.
    Last edited by ZetsubouSensei; 04-02-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Titanium
    Try downloading your Graphix card Driver, or updating it. or maybe your computer is overheating? is it a laptop or desktop?

14x BL-11XFS-13xWI-12xWA-14xFB-14xFA
    Venus
    Co-Leader: Defiance

My drivers are at the latest -> Version 197.13, I can confirm that my comp components (it's a desktop) are not overheating; they are all well below heat thresholds and if it was a heating problem, other programs would be affected like Team Fortress 2. Currently the BSOD problem resides ONLY with Cabal.

I've been looking through the task manager at certain programs as suggest by GameGuards website (this by the way is extremely tedious) and... I dunno if it's working or not. I've disabled AVG, punkbuster etc... still getting BSODs.

My friend and I are getting the same error. We thought it might be AVG, so I uninstalled it, and I still got the BSOD. I'm starting to think it might be Windows 7, since that is what both of us use, and you're getting the error while using it as well.

Yeah, I just uninstalled AVG, logged onto Cabal and let it sit there for ten minutes. Nothing happened. Then I started looking at the item shop and BAM! Blue screen again. XD

Yeah I'm suffering from the same problem. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my GPU drivers. I completely cleaned out my system (even applied new thermal paste). The interesting thing is that I was having this problem with more than just cabal itself. Ever since I updated to GG last night, my computer would BSOD whenever I ran something demanding (like MW2). I uninstalled cabal fully about 2 hours ago and everything has been working great so far.

Also I looked through that website about gameguard and it seems rather useless.

Did you guys do the patch or download the new client? Asking because I run W7 ult 64 bit with avg and cabal runs fine.
    [NT]

Yes, we tried all manner of patching, re downloading, wiping, updating whatnot. We're right now completely perplexed. We don't think it's AVG as we've completely uninstalled it, turned off every firewall/anti-spyware software we have and it STILL BSODs on us. We've ruled out hardware failure because we all have the latest drivers, run a multitude of torture tests, and we all run other, more resource intensive games (like MW2, Crysis, etc) perfectly fine and we're still getting BSODs from Cabal.

Considering there's a number of users that actually can run the game in Windows 7, we're wondering if it has to do with some other software conflict, like DirectX versions. Berserk and I both run high-end systems and we both get BSODs, however a friend of mine who has Windows 7 Ultimate can run it on his laptop.

Below is a thread in GD about BSOD issues.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?156-BSOD-issue

It seems to be mostly related to those running Win7. Some seem to have tracked down at least one issue with using the razer deathadder mouse. One person in particular uninstalled it and things run fine now. My guess is that's not the only cause for BSOD's but GameGuard does seem to me pretty finicky about what's running on the system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast